• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Line_HTX

bigosc2k what you doin' at AX in LA?

DDnHi1XUMAAwFt3.jpg

Fox318

Speaking of legends doing it off the field...

Jason Taylor married a Dolphins Cheerleader

Now that's a man worthy of admiration, unlike other unsavory characters from (cheating) teams that I won't mention.

I remember hating the shit out of him when I was young. Then when I got to see him on the jets his play and outside the field stuff really impressed and made me like the guy.

I remember hating the shit out of him when I was young. Then when I got to see him on the jets his play and outside the field stuff really impressed and made me like the guy.

He certainly made it easy for y'all to hate him lol
"A bunch of them chanting their dumb-ass chant and all that other stuff, being the ignorant fans they are. I said it. I don't care if they get mad at me or not. They don't like me anyway. Quite frankly, I don't care. ... I'm just being real. I'm telling the truth. You carry yourself with some class, and we'll talk about you as if you've got class. If you want to act crazy and do all the crazy things they do, I'll call a spade a spade."

"They suck, too. They beat us. They'll go home happy, and their fans will be happy that they got three wins this year. Good for them."

"It'd be very, very, very difficult [to sign with the Jets]. Very difficult. But at the end of the day, if you can't find a job anywhere else and the Jets call, I guess you've got to retire or go play.

"The Jets are the Jets. I've had a lot of history saying bad things about Jets fans. The fireman hat guy [Fireman Ed], and all of the people in New York that are Jets fans are not the ones that are working on Wall Street. I've said all of those things. So I've got to leave it at that."

"To score a touchdown in New York against the Jets in the last time I'll be in the hellhole they call a stadium up there before they get rid of it and move to the new one, it was outstanding."

"The problem I have is with the Jets fans. It's not really a problem; it's kind of this rivalry that has gone on, and they love to hate me, and I love to hate them, and we've had some fun over the years. They've had a lot of fun at my expense. I've had some fun at their expense at times.

"It's the times like this where you beat them and they just keep talking. They just keep going, and they just don't know when to be quiet.

"You know, I've said a lot of things about Jets fans in the past, and I'm sure at heart they're good people. Most of them are good people. The Giants fans are a different type of people. Just put it that way. There's a little more class on the Giants' side, and some Jets fans take the 'c-l' out of class."

"Everyone's going to have a different opinion as to whether or not somebody talks too much. When you lose two games to the same team in a year it is probably time to stop talking a little bit and move on to your next opponent and get ready to play.

"After we beat them the first time here in Miami, they talked about it for a few weeks. Because our games were three weeks apart, they talked about it for a few weeks, and maybe it got in the way and tripped them up against the Buffalo Bills. They lost to the Bills up there in New York.

"So there comes a point where you've got to win with class, and you've got to lose with class, and we try to do that. We're not perfect. We do engage in some of the trash going back and forth, but at the end of the day we have two wins, and I think that gives us a little more reason to talk."

http://www.espn.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12296/taylors-contempt-for-jets-on-the-record

but I think he's one of those players that can be appreciated by any fans of the sport.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Did a search on the SI Clinton Portis Story in this topic and nothing came up,

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/06/28/clinton-portis-financial-ruin-where-are-they-now

Ghastly. Self education with your finances is so easy nowadays. It is sad that someone who, although a rival, seemed like a good dude was taken advantage of so fully.

Fortune pilfered, Clinton Portis contemplated revenge under the veil of darkness. On a handful of late nights and early mornings in 2013 he lurked in his car near a Washington, D.C.–area office building, pistol at his side, and waited for one of several men who had managed a large chunk of the $43.1 million he earned with his 2,230 carries over nine NFL seasons. Purportedly safe investments had suspiciously soured, and almost all the money Portis set aside to fund his future had evaporated. That future included a mother who doubles as his hero and four sons scattered across the Southeast. Their comfort and security. Their happiness.

The hucksters he deemed most responsible ignored his calls. None were bound for jail. Their coffers were dry; a lawsuit seemed pointless. Once his helplessness gave way to rage, Portis lusted for a confrontation. He would meet this betrayer not with pleas or demands, or even blows delivered by thick fists attached to thick forearms. Bullets, he thought, were his sole means of balancing the scale.

”It wasn't no beat up," Portis says. ”It was kill."

With 4% rule you could live very comfortably on even $5 mil for pretty much the rest of your life. Consider how the market has been over the last year or 2 as well. :(

Edit: Shit, is this the NFL thread?

Spinluck

Wow, apparently BoTW is garbage, had no idea.

Thanks Gaming Side!

;__;

*Sells Switch, all Switch accessories, and all Switch games*

*Becomes DualShockBoy*

bionic77

Wow, apparently BoTW is garbage, had no idea.

Thanks Gaming Side!

;__;

*Sells Switch, all Switch accessories, and all Switch games*

*Becomes DualShockBoy*
Criticism of something says as much about you as the thing you are criticizing.

Remember that most people are idiots. And 99% of criticism you see on the internet is just parroting something someone else read. Some of it might ring true but if you don't have an original thought or can't express yourself properly I just pay attention.

Also gamers have now shown time and time again that we have a lot of stupid scumbags in our community.

Spinluck

Criticism of something says as much about you as the thing you are criticizing.

Remember that most people are idiots. And 99% of criticism you see on the internet is just parroting something someone else read. Some of it might ring true but if you don't have an original thought or can't express yourself properly I just pay attention.

Also gamers have now shown time and time again that we have a lot of stupid scumbags in our community.

It just seems like people find more and more reasons not to enjoy anything that's legitimately good nowadays.

If you can find the most minor of things to dislike in a game now it's garbage. If you show an ounce of enjoyment, you have shit taste or apparently have no knowledge of game design.

RBH

Watched Wonder Women last night, it was petty good, some plot issues and weird editing but considering the rest of the DCU this was a masterpiece.

I watched it yesterday as well, coincidentally.

The No Man's Land scene was one of the best superhero scenes I've seen in a long time. Gave me chills.

Throw enough shit at the wall something is bound to stick eventually.

It did feel like they were trying so hard not to fuck it up lol

I watched it yesterday as well, coincidentally.

The No Man's Land scene was one of the best superhero scenes I've seen in a long time. Gave me chills.

I thought it was ok, I mean it's supposed to be this impenetrable area and they show like 6 Germans? The trench is supposed to be super long and full of Germans and Steven and his crew manage to sneak across from the side? It was a nice scene in terms of Diana becoming Wonder Women but the sequence and action could have been a lot better.

I'm not saying it's bad just that people hyped it up too much and I was let down.

Top Bottom