• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.
golfer-alone-2.jpg

*waiting for greg to show up for Hot Shots*

Pagano is a fucking moron.

Ballard just letting him dig his have this season.

Them being pure dog shit this year is a sure thing.
*sigh*

Now I'm not as hyped for that Cards/Colts game I got tickets for...

Yet, the tickets haven't shipped yet and I almost want to call them and check but part of me doesn't care enough...

Hindl

From a pure business perspective, Dorenbos trade makes sense and is a really good deal. Getting anything for a 37 year old LS that's coming off an injury and probably was going to be cut is great value. But he was a great guy in the community and locker room, and it just feels wrong to cut him loose like that

Also Re: Stafford, Cousins is probably going nuts

Congrats Chris, I now refuse to complain about any money the Dolphins pay Tannehill because it won't be that baffling in comparison

Tannehill will be 16th(or 15th) on the yearly salary list for QBs next year, and Miami still has control for three years, they were smart to sign him when they did.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
biggest offense is the lettuce underneath the burger

also my bad for not responding chuck

Do you still want to play, though?

*raises hand*

I sent you a pm before I even made the post.

As long as its no money I'm down

You cheap fuck! You're first on the list, depending on Eleuin.

I'd like to get in if there's still a spot.

Or we could make it a 14 team league. I'm fine with that. Any input from the other stragglers?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Get a draft pick for an old, backup long snapper and then you bitch about it? Should be doing fucking cartwheels.

Chris, if I keep Le'Veon Bell, what draft pick will I lose? Like an 8th rounder, right?

Pepiope

What an awful trade. Got essentially nothing for that deal. I guess this could be a cap move cause I think Dorenbos was making a good chunk. Still, I don't like it. Fan favorite player, and good at his job.
They liked Lovato. I think the trade saved a little less than 1M, but im pretty sure the pick is what made him pull the trigger

Get a draft pick for an old, backup long snapper and then you bitch about it? Should be doing fucking cartwheels.
But he does magic tricks for the kids in the street!

This must be a hard time for kas

Seeing your fav QB get the richest contract ever and being tempted to call him an all-time great, but knowing that if you do he'll retire within a year or two like all true all-time great position players associated with the Lions, ashamed to be ring-less

JABEE

Just to be clear, I am not a fan of Doug Pederson either. He needs to drastically improve his game management if he wants to continue

I think Howie Roseman has performed admirably.

Stafford is the Lions at this point. Like Carr, there is monetary value for that

I hear ya, but he got 22 million more guaranteed than Carr. Everybody was expecting a step up from Carr (because that's how these QB contracts work), but that seems excessive

Just to be clear, I am not a fan of Doug Pederson either. He needs to drastically improve his game management if he wants to continue

I think Howie Roseman has performed admirably.
I think they are both terrible but Dougie only lost 2 games last year with terrible decisions, Howie has last so many more for the eagles over the years. 10 years of that fucking trash in the front office and not one single playoff win to show for it. It is a pattern of incompetence that would make Jeff Fisher shake his head. Doug is such a tiny part of why this franchise fails year after year. It all starts and ends with Howie. Eagles will never win anything with that albatross around their necks.

You got a draft pick for a fucking long snapper and you're still trying to spin it as incompetence.

Give it up yankee, this is not good for your health.

effzee

But is a 7th round pick worth anything?

Howie in the press release made it sound like they got an offer they couldn't turn down. Ultimately don't care and maybe that pick can be part of a package to trade up further since we don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick next draft.

Howie will only last as long as Wentz does now. In Lurie's mind all his past sins are blamed on Banner, Reid, and or Chip. Gave him a fresh slate.

Considering that Wentz seems like the real deal, Howie is here for the long term. But I count hiring a coach as the other big piece and he went from Chip, regardless of his problems, to a yes man who no other team wanted. Only reason Pederson has a job is so Lurie and Howie feel safe.

Even if all it's good for is drafting a practice squad guy or as part of a deal to trade up a few spots it's a good deal for a 37 year old long snapper you deemed surplus to requirements.

Striker

I saw that Owamagbe Odighizuwa is getting suspended. I wonder if that's why he was so hesitant to hit the OTA's. Either way, his shot was slim as is and this is the nail in the coffin. Really poor draft selection in the 3rd from Reese, though he seemed to have good potential coming out.

Pepiope

But is a 7th round pick worth anything?

Howie in the press release made it sound like they got an offer they couldn't turn down. Ultimately don't care and maybe that pick can be part of a package to trade up further since we don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick next draft.

Howie will only last as long as Wentz does now. In Lurie's mind all his past sins are blamed on Banner, Reid, and or Chip. Gave him a fresh slate.

Considering that Wentz seems like the real deal, Howie is here for the long term. But I count hiring a coach as the other big piece and he went from Chip, regardless of his problems, to a yes man who no other team wanted. Only reason Pederson has a job is so Lurie and Howie feel safe.
Think of our 7th round picks from just last year...

Jalen Mills, Joe Walker, Alex McCalister.

Mills is our #2 CB
Joe Walker is depth at LAB
McCalister is a project player who may wind up on the PS again. You can get solid players in the 7th.

Dorenbos was going to go soon. He's 37, but if we have a good enough replacement right now...why struggle to find a guy 2 or 3 years down the line when we have that guy right now and a team is willing to offer a draft pick for the guy nearing retirement?

Telling me that a terrible CB like Mills was a 7th isn't exactly inspiring confidence, he is also a special case though since he wouldn't have fallen so far with out the off the field suff. I would rather they let Jon finish out his career and retire an Eagle. NFL teams need more good guys like him. I hope he does well with the Saints.

Draxal

man, prayers for houston nfl gaf, i knew it was going to be insanely bad, but with the damn situation it looks even more awful then expected.

Pepiope

Telling me that a terrible CB like Mills was a 7th isn't exactly inspiring confidence, he is also a special case though since he wouldn't have fallen so far with out the off the field suff. I would rather they let Jon finish out his career and retire an Eagle. NFL teams need more good guys like him. I hope he does well with the Saints.
There will always be guys who fall to the 7th because of character concerns. I'd be happy if we got another Joe Walker out of the pick. If it wasn't for the injury last season he was set to have a pretty nice role defensively.

man, prayers for houston nfl gaf, i knew it was going to be insanely bad, but with the damn situation it looks even more awful then expected.

Sounds like the damns are overloaded and only getting worse. And now the storm is expected to swing east and slap around Liousiana a bit. All around bad bad news.

bionic77

My wife's brother is in Houston.

Apparently they live near some bayou or something in Sugar Land and have been watching it every day because it gets closer to flooding.

Kind of crazy that rain can cause so much damage. You never think twice about rain, but its insane how the hurricane just basically sat on the city for 4 straight days and it rained so much that it is wrecking the city.

I wonder if they are going to start engineering cities to handle natural disasters better now that climate change is a reality.

In any event, stay safe Houstoners.

Draxal

My wife's brother is in Houston.

Apparently they live near some bayou or something in Sugar Land and have been watching it every day because it gets closer to flooding.

Kind of crazy that rain can cause so much damage. You never think twice about rain, but its insane how the hurricane just basically sat on the city for 4 straight days and it rained so much that it is wrecking the city.

I wonder if they are going to start engineering cities to handle natural disasters better now that climate change is a reality.

In any event, stay safe Houstoners.

I lose my car in Hurricane Irene in NJ, it sucked but it was avoidable.

This shit isn't avoidable, there was no place for these people to evacuate to, Roads couldn't handle it. Stay safe Mech and Dega (and anybody else).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom