• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepiope

Jaguars.

This fanbase would love a guy like Stafford, we aren't even close to being a playoff team, you guys won the Super Bowl not long ago. Teams like the Jags, the Browns, would do as trade for him in a heartbeat.

Flacco will be fine.
The Browns could've drafted Wentz. They don't want talent

Hindl

The Browns could've drafted Wentz. They don't want talent
Wentz could go on to become the best QB in the league and the Browns would still be justified in making that trade. That team was devoid of talent and needed a ton of draft picks to replenish it. If they draft Wentz there wouldn't really be anyone around him to help and he would probably flame out of the league in a few years

WYTS Raiders http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-oakland-ish-raiders-1798425358

Everything arguably unique about this team is going to be stripped away because Mark Davis wanted a big boy stadium to impress his father, currently watching from hell.
Jamarcus fucking Russell. Ahead of Megatron and AP. There is no god.
I want the Raiders to win a championship before they leave, not for the glory, not for the ring or trophy, and not even for that feeling of pride that washes over fans when they’ve done nothing but sit on their asses and watch people go to work and win some games. No, I want the Raiders to win a championship to watch the real debate that will happen with whether or not it will be safe for Mark Davis to actually show up at the parade in downtown Oakland.
I started writing this by looking at the email I sent you last year, “I honestly don’t know how we are gonna fuck it up this time, but I do know it’s gonna hurt more than the past 15 years of incompetence combined have.” Well, fuck.
Fifteen years. I waited for the Raiders to make it back to the playoffs for 15 years. January 7, 2017. 4:34 P.M., I’m sitting in my tattered Napoleon Kaufman jersey, genuinely trying to find a reason to actually turn on the TV. Because I know exactly what’s going to happen. Every man, woman and child on the planet knows what’s going to happen. The Texans are going to play like the slow, predictable, aggressively mediocre, perennial playoff jobbers that they are, and Osweiler is going to play like the unmitigated pile of dogshit that HE is, and the Raiders are STILL going to get blown out. It’s about to be an awful, awful football game that the Raiders are never, at any point, even close to winning. Everyone knows it, so why even watch?

But I did. I sat in silence and felt like I was watching a movie I’d already seen a hundred times. Honestly, if the clip of Connor Cook throwing a screen to Clowney gets played over and over for the next 15 years instead of the Tuck Rule clip, I’ll be ecstatic.

kaiju

Let the Kittle era begin!

kittleap.jpg

Cian Fahey wrote up a QB ranking I'm sure yall will love: http://presnapreads.com/2017/08/29/nfl-quarterback-tiers-evaluations-ahead-of-the-2017-season/

Let the hot takes flow! Teaser:

2. Cam
4. Luck
7. Mariota
9. Matt Ryan
11. Bradford
16. Carr
18. Kaepernick
20. Dalton
21. Cousins
26. Flacco

I agree completely with Kaep over Dalton, for the record
Bradford should be much much higher. Cam at #2 is bizarre. Do Panthers fans even think he is the 2nd best QB?

Cian Fahey wrote up a QB ranking I'm sure yall will love: http://presnapreads.com/2017/08/29/nfl-quarterback-tiers-evaluations-ahead-of-the-2017-season/

2. Cam
4. Luck
7. Mariota
9. Matt Ryan
11. Bradford
16. Carr
18. Kaepernick
20. Dalton
21. Cousins
26. Flacco

Jay Cutler

Tier: 5

Write-up:

Jay Cutler has never been a technically-refined, disciplined quarterback. He has never relied on his ability to break down the defense before or after the snap. Timing isn’t all that important to Jay. Even during his prime years, Cutler’s play was defined by his ability to make the spectacular play, not the right play. He could turn bad decisions into good plays by putting the ball in a spot where only his receiver could catch it. If you took a Cutler highlight reel, you’d think he was the best quarterback the NFL has ever seen. It’s why Cutler has always tantalized coaches. The potential for greatness has always been glimpsed on those plays. The problem for Cutler isn’t even his awful plays, the plays where he throws the ball straight to a defender and it’s returned for six points the other way. No, the problem for Cutler has been all the plays in between.

Adam Gase didn’t do anything magical with Cutler when he was previously his offensive coordinator. Gase did his best to hide Cutler by relying heavily on screens and clearly-defined route combinations that allowed for simpler reads and shorter throws. 24.6 percent of Cutler’s attempts in 2015 didn’t travel further than two yards downfield, the 11th-highest rate in the league. Those 24.6 percent gained 30.5 percent of his yards, the sixth-highest rate in the league. 29 percent of Cutler’s passes travelled further than 10 yards downfield that season, a rate that would have ranked him 27th in 2016. No game highlighted how cautious that offense was more than the Rams meeting. Cutler gained 170 of his 258 yards on two plays, the ball didn’t reach three yards downfield in the air on either play. Even while playing in that offense that prioritized ball security, Cutler still threw interceptions on 2.28 percent of his passes. Of those 11 interceptions, two came in the redzone, three were pick sixes and one came within 20 yards of his own endzone. Cutler regularly turned games in his opponent’s favor at critical times despite playing in an offense that prioritized giving the quarterback safe throws.

Now at 34 years of age coming off of shoulder surgery, Cutler’s spectacular plays should be even rarer than during prior seasons. Expecting to build an offense around him at this stage of his career is irrational.

Did you know?

Jay Cutler threw an interceptable pass once every 23.4 attempts during the 2014 season, the year prior to Gase’s arrival. In 2015 that number was 30.2, a notable difference but not as severe an alteration as often suggested.

Yup, some Dolphin fans are in for a rude awakening

DMVfan123

Banned

Zeke

All this qb fuckery makes me feel so blessed to move from Romo to Dak. Romo leaving with no real replacement was such a huge concern. Fuck going back to the revolving door of shitty qb's. I think Dak is listed where he should be after his rookie year. I can't wait to see him develop as a player.

Taco Bell League I found the draft spots for last years picks.

(For PC) Go to Drafts Tab and in the sub-tabs at the very end it'll say Last Draft.

So whatever player you keep will cost you whatever round you selected him in.

If you can't figure out where the list is just let me know and I'll tell you how much a player will cost you.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Taco Bell League I found the draft spots for last years picks.

(For PC) Go to Drafts Tab and in the sub-tabs at the very end it'll say Last Draft.

So whatever player you keep will cost you whatever round you selected him in.

If you can't figure out where the list is just let me know and I'll tell you how much a player will cost you.

I got Le'Veon in the 8th. I knew it!

2. Cam
4. Luck
7. Mariota
9. Matt Ryan
11. Bradford
16. Carr
18. Kaepernick
20. Dalton
21. Cousins
26. Flacco

Meh, that's just click bait garbage. Nobody thinks Cam is the second best QB in the league, among the many other ridiculous rankings there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom