• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

5fCFPDV.jpg

Hindl

On paper between Blount, Sproles, Ertz, Alshon, Torrey Smith, and yes even Agholor, the Eagles have enough skill position players where I think they can be a dangerous offense.

All assuming Wentz takes the next step and, Pederson can call games, and the line stays healthy
Yup, on paper. That's always been the thing with the eagles lately tho, should be good on paper but it never materializes. Now granted I think that's because despite the eagles roster being filled with talent, they've been lacking talent at the worst places, WR and CB. Hopefully those have been fixed, but Jeffery and Smith have their concerns and Darby isn't a sure thing either. That's why I'm cautiously optimistic about the season but not ready to make bold claims

And of course Wentz needs to take the next step. For all of Doug's problems tho, I'm not worried about the playcalling. He can be pretty creative in some of his plays, but the lack of WR talent limited it a lot. But there were multiple times last season I saw some really interesting play designs. With an actual deep threat and a big receiver who can catch anything I'm pretty excited to see the playcalling this year

Andrew Siciliano
Andrew Siciliano @AndrewSiciliano
DeShone Kizer will be the 3rd-youngest @NFL QB to start Week 1. Only Bledsoe and Stafford were younger.
@NFLResearch
🤔🤔🤔 Hmm

Deshone Kizer is best starting qb under 22. We kas now.

You guys remember when Brandon Weeden was fucking 29 starting his first game. Think about that shit, dude would have been almost mid 30s by his second contract. Thanks Holmgren

Pepiope

But they have tank commander Hack and McCown. Why would they sign Brock?

Also Ertz has to step up big cause he never took over the role Jordan Mathews made for himself.
Ertz is best between the numbers, but when you don't have capable outside receivers it kind of gets congested in the middle. Now we have Smith to keep safeties back and Jeffrey who will command double teams. That's all we need as long as they're healthy. Agholor not sucking is just a bonus

BigAT

You guys remember when Brandon Weeden was fucking 29 starting his first game. Think about that shit, dude would have been almost mid 30s by his second contract. Thanks Holmgren

Still better than when the Eagles drafted a 26-year-old firefighter that didn't even like football in the 1st round.

MechDX

If you'd had a Switch you could've been JCBing it up on the rooftop!

Too soon?

Naw. Humor gets you through this
Matt Oswalt‏Verified account @MattOswaltVA 10h10 hours ago
More
"You have a choice Houston, starve to death...or eat vegan."
(ENTIRE CITY OF HOUSTON TAKES A BIG SWIG OF WHISKY)
"I'll see you in hell."
DIsQLzKVYAAlPHu.jpg:large

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Andy Lee cut by the Panthers.

Someone reminded me we got a 4th round pick trading him to Carolina last offseason.

MechDX

Texans cut The Weed.

Now my heart truly breaks. Colts will feel like they are in the clear

Aaron Wilson‏
@AaronWilson_NFL
Following
More
Texans cut Nick Novak, changing kickers to Ka'imi Fairbairn

Full name: John Christian Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a "Ka'imi" Fairbairn

Dega should buy his jersey

Pepiope

Who would you say is the biggest bust of the past 10 years? So many options: Jamarcus, Manziel, Trent, Aguayo, etc
Aguayo isn't a bust. He wasn't supposed to be some kicking God coming out. If it wasn't for Tampa Bay's dumb fuck FO, he would just be another no name kicker who didn't pan out in the NFL.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That entire Bucs FO would rather committ seppuku than ever pass on a 'Nole.

But they passed on Dalvin Cook... when RB was a need. Doug Martin is garbage. I expect Jacquizz to just keep the job honestly.

Also happy for Geno. He's the 2nd best QB in NY right now.

Hindl

But they passed on Dalvin Cook... when RB was a need. Doug Martin is garbage. I expect Jacquizz to just keep the job honestly.
In the 1st when they had OJ Howard on the board. If he lives up to his potential I'd rather have him than any RB, including Zeke and Bell

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
In the 1st when they had OJ Howard on the board. If he lives up to his potential I'd rather have him than any RB, including Zeke and Bell

I don't have a problem with the pick. I don't expect much out of Howard this year because rookie TEs tend to not do anything. Was just surprised they passed on Cook given the need + the fact hes a nole

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Trade terms:

Browns get WR Sammie Coates and 7th-rd pick in 2019 NFL Draft.

Steelers get 6th-round pick in 2018 Draft:

We're doing it!!!

edit: Also just saw the 6th round pick we're sending to the Steelers is the same one they traded us for Justin Gilbert.

So essentially this is Justin Gilbert for Sammie Coates and a 7th round pick. VALUE!!!

Hindl

I don't have a problem with the pick. I don't expect much out of Howard this year because rookie TEs tend to not do anything. Was just surprised they passed on Cook given the need + the fact hes a nole
Yeah but his off the field issues and potential injuries scared teams off in the 1st. If they had fournette or McCaffrey there I'd agree with you

Sammie Coates to the Browns for a 6th rounder. I like that as a flier for the Browns.
I do as well. I felt he performed well with Pittsburgh with his injuries.

We're doing it!!!

edit: Also just saw the 6th round pick we're sending to the Steelers is the same one they traded us for Justin Gilbert.

So essentially this is Justin Gilbert for Sammie Coates and a 7th round pick. VALUE!!!
Turned Chickenshit into possibly chicken salad.. I like it

Really surprised at the Ward cut and the Coates trade.

Ward was only due like 4 million too. Not like it's some massive cap saving move to get rid of him...

Bronx-Man

Banned
And right on que, the NY Times posts a dipshit op-ed on how Kaep isn't good enough to be in the league while Josh McCown and Blake Bortles are STARTING

Hunter S.

Really surprised at the Ward cut and the Coates trade.

Ward was only due like 4 million too. Not like it's some massive cap saving move to get rid of him...
Ward had a hamstring injury all camp, plus the position is the Broncos deepest. They got two young guys ready to replace him. Broncos are playing it cold like the Patriots always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom