• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

gata accidentally circled Trump on his ballet

YsjGZNi.png

Yall better appreciate Gata he about to disappear

MechDX

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 3m3 minutes ago
More
I'm told the Dolphins are hoping for the best (obviously) after Tannehill is examined but same source tells me team fearing the worst.

Chris. :(

I hate football.

Bring on Kaep... oh but he wore a Castro shirt last year, that's way worse than any knee bending down here. Let's see if ownership has the balls to do it.

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n-battle-to-be-texans-qb?campaign=Twitter_atn

WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.V. -- Tom Savage had just gotten his big break, displacing Brock Osweiler as the Houston Texans' starting quarterback last Dec. 19 and promptly directing a Christmas Eve victory over the Bengals that clinched the AFC South title.

Then, on the verge of an improbable postseason start, Savage saw it all unravel on New Year's Day in a meaningless regular-season finale against the Tennessee Titans. After taking a blow to the head on a second-quarter quarterback sneak, Savage was evaluated for a possible concussion and cleared to return. However, after re-entering the game for a half-ending kneel-down, Savage was reevaluated in the Texans' locker room and placed in the concussion protocol, a diagnosis that would essentially end his dream of starting a playoff game.

When given the bad news by Texans team physicians, Savage broke -- in this case, literally and figuratively.

By the time I left West Virginia on Wednesday afternoon, three other Texans sources had told me about an incident that one called "surreal": Just after his teammates returned to the field for the second half of that game against the Titans, Savage -- angered by the doctors' refusal to clear him -- took out his frustration on the whiteboard, smashing it beyond repair.

"The offense is coming hard this camp; I can already tell they're different," defensive end Jadeveon Clowney said after Wednesday's spirited practice, which featured so many skirmishes that O'Brien joined his players in running a punitive lap around the goal post because, he cracked, "I can't control my team.
"They're both competitive guys," Hopkins said. "They might not tell you, but it's showing. They both want that starting job, and they're not afraid to show it. My whole career has been a roller coaster with quarterbacks, so it's exciting to have two guys who are showing such command out there."

Not surprisingly, Savage has held on to the memory of the way his playoff prospects fell apart on that emotional New Year's Day in Nashville. After doctors held him out of the Texans' first-round playoff victory over the Oakland Raiders, Savage was cleared to return for a Divisional Round road clash against the Patriots. However, Osweiler -- who has since been traded to the Cleveland Browns -- got the start, throwing three interceptions in Houston's 34-16 defeat.

"It's every kid's dream to go up there and play against that team," Savage said. "I wish I could have had that opportunity. Hopefully, we can get back to the playoffs and do it again."

My QB coming for dat booty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom