• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo

I still still think it's crazy how people are upset at Kaep.

Raise your hand if you stop talking and stand up at home whenever the National Anthem is on.

I know I don't. The only reason *most* people stand in public is peer pressure.

The real problem people have is racism.

Owners are also fuming over Kaepernick figured out a way to make a political statement on their fields without being subject to punishment from the league.

They couldn't touch him for doing what he was doing as they could for players wearing the wrong color socks.

Now, NFL owners are colluding to keep Kaepernick out of the league as a message to anyone else who thinks they can use the NFL to say anything other than what the NFL wants to be said.

I also love the fantasy land beat writers live in where the NFL exists as 32 independent organizations who would never collude. They colluded when 30 out of 32 teams agreed not to spend above a certain amount when the cap was removed before the lockout season. The NFL then sanctioned the two teams who disobeyed, Washington and Dallas, for not setting a limit on spending.

Every sports league needs an independent commissioner. They need someone who isn't just the spokesman for the NFL owners. I think this is needed if the NFL wants to continue to exist in opposition to every other free labor market in this country.

Even though i agree with Kaeps points, I personally think Kaeps protest was ham fisted and needlessly disrespectful to the military. It seems like his point was that it sucks being black in America, but by choosing the anthem and the flag as a way to get attention he also made it a "pro-American vs anti-American" discussion.

He didn't have to do that.

cdyhybrid

Even though i agree with Kaeps points, I personally think Kaeps protest was ham fisted and needlessly disrespectful to the military. It seems like his point was that it sucks being black in America, but by choosing the anthem and the flag as a way to get attention he also made it a "pro-American vs anti-American" discussion.

He didn't have to do that.
I wss under the impression that the military was fighting to protect the freedom to express yourself, not fighting to be revered in society.

If someone thinks kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful to the military, that sounds like a personal issue.

Doomsayer

I wss under the impression that the military was fighting to protect the freedom to express yourself, not fighting to be revered in society.

If someone thinks kneeling during the anthem is disrespectful to the military, that sounds like a personal issue.

Said it better than I could.

Racism disguised as patriotism.

Slo

You're digging your heels in when it's really not necessary. Does Kaep have a right to make this particular protest in this particular way? Of course. Could he have made the same points in a different manner that wouldn't stir up a legion of retards who see this as a binary issue, thus resulting in him rallying his own opposition? Absolutely.

Bread

Banned
I stand up and face my flag whenever the national anthem is played. If you aren't crying by the end due to the powerful imagery and overwhelming feeling of patriotism then you should move up north with the rest of the French bastards!

cdyhybrid

You're digging your heels in when it's really not necessary. Does Kaep have a right to make this particular protest in this particular way? Of course. Could he have made the same points in a different manner that wouldn't stir up a legion of retards who see this as a binary issue, thus resulting in him rallying his own oppostions? Absolutely.
That's true. I'm just not interested in coddling/enabling said legion 😅

JABEE

I don't change to the game until after the anthem is over

Gl6aVnJ.jpg

JABEE

You're digging your heels in when it's really not necessary. Does Kaep have a right to make this particular protest in this particular way? Of course. Could he have made the same points in a different manner that wouldn't stir up a legion of retards who see this as a binary issue, thus resulting in him rallying his own opposition? Absolutely.

He definitely chose this protest to create national controversy. People have been indoctrinated to pledge allegiance and salute from the time they were 5 years old.

The flag itself is a symbol of the might and power of the United States.

Edit: The national anthem is a military song describing a scene from the War of 1812. Home of the Brave and Land of the Free.

Our country was founded on Revolution and finally solidified as one nation and a Union via the Civil War.

I probably should have re-phrased my original statement. I understand, but I reject the criticism of Kaep.

Malcolm Jenkins gave his raised fist national anthem protest all year, and he's still got a job. I think if the Eagles needed a QB they would consider him, but who knows.

@AKinkhabwala
Follow
More
Sigh of relief for #Dolphins. Member of org says no structural damage for Ryan Tannehill, knee same now as in am.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOOTBALL GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;_;

cdyhybrid

Frank Clark kicked out of practice. He apparently sucker punched Germaine Ifedi without a helmet on.

Dude tried to treat his teammate like his girlfriends.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jon Ledyard‏Verified account @LedyardNFLDraft 4m4 minutes ago

Villanueva's lying at the 20 being looked at by trainers. Rest of OL around him.

vdLE8dJ.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't change to the game until after the anthem is over

You and 99% of other households.

But apparently taking a knee during the anthem that nobody gave a shit about (at home) is the worst thing ever.

People watch the anthems for maybe the late playoffs, first game of the season, and the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom