• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

League office apparently leaks details of looming Ezekiel Elliott suspension

Now, it seems like someone at 345 Park Avenue has leaked to Cris Carter of FS1 the notion that Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is about to be suspended, with some eye-opening details.

Via Ryan Glasspiegel of TheBigLead.com, Carter said on FS1’s Undisputed that “in the next 48 hours I would be shocked if Zeke was not suspended.” Carter added that, “based on the information that’s going to come out, it’s going to be fairly easy to determine that something happened to this woman in her four days of being with Zeke.” (The specific allegation is that Elliott committed five acts of domestic violence in a six-day window.)

Carter described the situation as a case of “assault or domestic violence,” and Carter hinted that “when the information comes out there’s going to be some similarities” to Tom Brady’s suspension, including “information that he had been advised possibly to give up, that was destroyed.”

Carter ultimately suggested that Elliott’s banishment will be in the range of Brady’s four-game suspension. If this happens, it will contradict multiple proclamations from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones regarding the absence of any evidence of domestic violence.

Jerruhs Cowboys

You might be snake-bitten, friend. Have you checked your basement for evidence of Satanic rituals?
nihilism.jpg

Jacoby Brissett is going to be a great QB... for the practice squad.

When Bill makes a reach on a player he REALLY makes a reach.

Cyrus Jones can't cover or not fumble punt returns. Vincent Valentine has a great name, but wasn't worth a third rounder. Brissett might not even make the team in only his second year.

Could have had Valentine and Brissett in the sixth round.
Vincent Valentine was pretty good last year

MechDX

Vince Wilfork has announced his retirement.

I ask that my good friend Mech say a few words.

He shared his knowledge with all three of these guys. Took DJ reader under his wing last year and mentored him. Reader had an outstanding 2nd half of the season. he told Clowney before he signed in Houston he wouldnt come unless JD committed himself to be great.

His daughter just wanted to meet JJ.

MechDX

Football marriages never last once a guy retires and has to spend all day at home....Bianca to be single soon...

Good thing you can still go!

I could've sworn wilfork announced he was done like a week after they lost in the playoffs?

No. he said he would play it by ear and take his time. As I mentioned before when the Texans drafted Reader last year he knew his time was running out. he handled it with pure class though saying he would welcome Reader and willingly mentor him. From reports they spent a lot of time together not just on the field but off as well. He is class.

Hindl

Eagles training camp updates:

CBs - still a tire fire

Wentz:
Pros - His accuracy has improved drastically compared to OTAs and last year, especially with deep throws

Cons - Decision making is inconsistent. One day he's making perfect decisions and has really good ball placement, the next day his decision making is questionable and he forces balls where they shouldn't go for easy INTs

WRs - can actually catch

CBs - still a tire fire

Wentz:
Pros - His accuracy has improved drastically compared to OTAs and last year, especially with deep throws

Cons - Decision making is inconsistent. One day he's making perfect decisions and has really good ball placement, the next day his decision making is questionable and he forces balls where they shouldn't go for easy INTs

WRs - can actually catch

This isn't a huge con to me at this point. Firstly because he's only thrown what? 3 INTs all camp? Second because camp is the time to take risks to see what can work and what can't work. If it happens throughout the preseason it's a different story.

gutshot

CBs - still a tire fire

Wentz:

WRs - can actually catch

Between the bad CBs, a weak running game and a now good-possibly-great WR corps, Wentz is going to be throwing a ton this season. (Fantasy football alert!)

effzee

CBs - still a tire fire

Wentz:

WRs - can actually catch

You at the camp?

Hindl

This isn't a huge con to me at this point. Firstly because he's only thrown what? 3 INTs all camp? Second because camp is the time to take risks to see what can work and what can't work. If it happens throughout the preseason it's a different story.
Oh I don't have a problem with it, just passing along what's happened so far. Even if it does continue, I wouldn't be too worried. He's a 2nd year player that, before opening against the Browns, had only started like 28 games of football in his life. He didn't start playing until senior year of high school and only played a season and a half in college. So I'm not too worried about him not looking like a finished product. It seems like he's made a ton of progress, but he's in his 2nd year and came out of college pretty raw. He's not gonna suddenly be an elite QB, he'll still have some growing pains.

Plus I have a feeling that won't entirely go away. I've said it before but I see a lot of Favre (at least in mentality) in Wentz. He'll always try to make the play, and sometimes that results in poor decisions, but you take the good with the bad
Between the bad CBs, a weak running game and a now good-possibly-great WR corps, Wentz is going to be throwing a ton this season. (Fantasy football alert!)
I don't think we'll have a weak running game. Our OL was good when healthy, they just had a massive amount of injuries last year, and even if the same thing happens this year we have a lot of depth. And they finally got the big bruising back (that can stay healthy) in Blount to handle short yardage situations. He won't be a bellcow, I'd be a little surprised if he got over 150 touches for the season, but he'll be good to pound out a few yards. Now obviously Doug is a disciple of Andy, we're still probably getting somewhere in above 55/45 pass/run ratio. But I think they'll try to run it more, and while they don't have a 3 down back, they have a lot of complimentary pieces. Wentz will still probably be tossing near the highest rates in the league, but I'd hope they'd tone it down a little bit
You at the camp?
No I've just been reading coverage. But after 12 days of training camp notes these points keep popping up, so they're at least somewhat true

LJ11

I think he'll succeed on any team named not the Bills

He's a good QB, that can't be doubted, he would possibly succeed somewhere not as cursed or inept or awful as the city of Buffalo

His success was largely due to the scheme, the Bills essentially became an option football team. No other team in recent years, not Cam and not Chips teams, utilized the option and blew teams up via the run like the Bills. Tyrod was the key to the Bills rushing attack, and the rushing attack was critical to the 1 on 1 shots he had downfield. All that goes away this year, there will be no devastating rushing attack, this zone run scheme wont do more for Tyrod. Tyrod was put into good opportunities, he just didn't play as well as he could have. He's limited in some respects, he could use help at WR (Sammy needs to stay healthy), buts it's not the inept and awful city that's holding Tyrod back. This year he's going to throw the ball a lot more, and so far, he hasn't had a good camp,

Edit: picking up Boldin is good for the WR room, lots of young guys, but not sure what it will do for the onfield product.

bionic77

Lucky guy.

I miss being young and afraid to ask some girl out on a date. At my age that is not intimidating at all.

Granted he is probably going to be destroyed when she lies and tells him that she has a boyfriend but the point is that it is nice to be young.

You young fools take advantage while you can. If you don't you are going to be the dirty old man at the club like Ninja and DM, who while both having rooftop access don't look as cool at the bar as they did 8 years ago.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The people picking him off are Eagles Cornerbacks. They probably dropped 3/4ths.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lucky guy.

I miss being young and afraid to ask some girl out on a date. At my age that is not intimidating at all.

Granted he is probably going to be destroyed when she lies and tells him that she has a boyfriend but the point is that it is nice to be young.

You young fools take advantage while you can. If you don't you are going to be the dirty old man at the club like Ninja and DM, who while both having rooftop access don't look as cool at the bar as they did 8 years ago.
Hey honey let's go out on a date.

You better have 2000 for the purse I'm going to buy during an eight hour shop a thon.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
Big loss: Jets are placing WR Quincy Enunwa on injured reserve with a neck injury, per source.

one step closer to 0-16 sweet

jbug617

Banned

CBs - still a tire fire

Wentz:

WRs - can actually catch

Eric Rowe having a good camp here. Establish as the 3rd best after Butler and Gilmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom