• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
We having an NFL-GAF meet up?
19477547_10212493456188160_8074641565020945799_o.jpg

Barryman

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this kind of thing is but -

Please check out my podcast if you're looking for a comedic/narrative twist on the football season!

https://www.leadblockshow.com/

If you remember my game Groov on Xbox 360, there is plenty more of my music in this show...

RBH

YNFL-LiveStream-RavensJaguars_WatchWithTheWorld_300x250.jpg

THE NFL!

YAHOO!

SUNDAY!

JAGUARS!

RAVENS!

WATCH IT!

WAAAAATTTTCCCCHHHHHHH IIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man if his knee is a problem now I don't think it's going to be a one game deal. Especially since it's the same knee he had surgery on. If it is hurt again he should just retire

The article I read indicated that it was swelling which can happen on repaired knees and typically isnt an issue after some rest.

Of course, the doctor who wrote that isnt the Vikings doctor, and Im certainly not a doctor. So take that with a grain of salt.

Mindlog

Four bottles of water, a pepsi, more water, three beers and not even the slightest urge to go to the bathroom. This old bladder can still go!

Fuck it's hot.

Welp, making the trip to Indianapolis tomorrow to watch Brisket vs Retirement Home Palmer. 4 hour drive from Michigan.

LET'S ROAST SOME CARDINALS.

Colts: 13 Cardinals: 27

kmfdmpig

Andy Reid vs his protege tomorrow. Over/under on number of screen passes starts at 15

Both teams do them fairly often, but I'd still take the under on that. If the Chiefs - Patriots game is any indication, however, it looks like the shovel pass is the new low-risk short yardage play for the Chiefs. They ran it four or five times last week.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
After a year with flexibility, the salary cap situation will get tight for the Steelers again in 2018. About $180M committed to 39 players.

https://twitter.com/IanWhetstone/status/909097445388439555

Read the whole tweet thread. 39 players eating up all the projected cap space before draft, signing free agents or extending their own players who are due

This is entry level cap hell YH

meh

Cut/sign to a better deal:

Haden $12M
Mitchell $5M
V McDonald $4.6M

Cut:

Gay $2.4M
Golden $2M
Deebo $1.6M

Sign long term and reduce their cap hit:

Shazier $8.8M -> $5M

Kick the can down the road by turning a roster bonus into a signing bonus:

Ben $23M -> $20M
Brown $18M -> $15M
Tuitt $13.6 -> $10M

Wow, I just saved $40+M. I should do this for a living. Colbert and the Steelers cap guy, Omar Khan, do this shit all the time.

squicken

Ugly day for QB prospects. Rosen is a pick machine, Jackson is flailing vs Clemp, and Allen was overmatched against P5 talent. Darnold has been nothing special vs a defense that got smoked by Maryland

E: Bradford now a game time decision. Pretty sure Case will be starting and Bradford's career might be over. Who would sign him for next year when his twice repaired knee isn't healthy?

49ers cut Keith Reaser, meaning Tank Carradine is the only Baalke ACL Pick on the active roster

49ers also up to 32 players who weren't on the team last season

Ugly day for QB prospects. Rosen is a pick machine, Jackson is flailing vs Clemp, and Allen was overmatched against P5 talent. Darnold has been nothing special vs a defense that got smoked by Maryland

E: Bradford now a game time decision. Pretty sure Case will be starting and Bradford's career might be over. Who would sign him for next year when his twice repaired knee isn't healthy?

Now that none of them are t5 talents the Jets will successfully tank and reach for the worst one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom