• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Reid said this in an interview today:

I think more kids are throwing the ball in college. I think that's one of the real positives.These quarterbacks aren't necessarily running the wishbone anymore, they're throwing the football. They're still running a little bit of the option game, but they're throwing the football, and they're having to roll out to do it, drop back to do it. They throw from all of the platforms. I think it's a little bit easier of a job to evaluate them and it's a little bit easier of a job for them to adjust to this league.

There was a discussion a while back about whether or not college offenses were making it harder to evaluate college QBs. Andy Reid says it's making it easier.

JABEE

Shaun King taking a step back from his accusations of racism against Lurie.

Shaun King said:
While I was still troubled by some of what I read, Malcolm & I agreed that a local reporter willfully misrepresented Lurie in an article. https://twitter.com/malcolmjenkins/status/908818051017080832

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/908848458462883847

Edit: Malcolm Jenkins’s post

Malcolm Jenkins said:
Proud to have the support of @Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie. His support of players out to make impact in their communities is commendable ✊🏾 https://twitter.com/MalcolmJenkins/status/908818051017080832/photo/1

Slo

A Facebook friend of mine just called out the liberal media for covering the hurricanes instead of the Montana wildfires.

I doubt anybody here cares, I just felt like I needed to make a record of the event.

Sanjuro

BLT 🍕 at the bah

WPb3BV8.jpg

The Vikes should be happy they've got the best QB in the league.

Im sure they are happy with him. He came in last year, studied the playbook for a week, and had a strong showing. Compared to the last few veterns they brought in at QB, it was a welcome change of scenery.

And besides, it was either that or Shaun 'Eternal mediocre backup' Hill, or even worse Ponder as options.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

#1 (read from the bottom of each)

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into it. It's the old Ron Wolf way of managing backup QBs (try to always have someone in the wings just in case). Brunell, Hasselbeck, then Rodgers (under disciple TT). Only one supplanted Favre

OozingZen

Neo Member
If I need a quarterback in 2018, I'm drafting Josh Rosen. I thought the two best QBs in this last draft were Watson and Trubisky. I'm not sold on Darnold yet.

Texans remind me a lot of Seattle when they drafted Wilson. Defense first, signed Matt Flynn to be starter, Wilson gets drafted and they end up going to the playoffs with Wilson as the starter. Wilson isn't perfect but he's not the problem. Unless you're New England, the window for a Super Bowl is usually 2-4 years max. Seattle's window closed in 2015.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
A Facebook friend of mine just called out the liberal media for covering the hurricanes instead of the Montana wildfires.

I doubt anybody here cares, I just felt like I needed to make a record of the event.
Yep. I've heard the same from people in/with ties to Montana. To be fair, the Montana wildfires aren't being covered at all nationally. Even the Oregon fires got way more attention. Aftereffect of the lack of major cities being threatened.

Slo

Yep. I've heard the same from people in/with ties to Montana. To be fair, the Montana wildfires aren't being covered at all nationally. Even the Oregon fires got way more attention. Aftereffect of the lack of major cities being threatened.

Yeah, I don't doubt that people are feeling forgotten, I was just more weirded out by his suggestion that there's some sinister left wing conspiracy against Montananites or something.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Yeah, I don't doubt that people are feeling forgotten, I was just more weirded out by his suggestion that there's some sinister left wing conspiracy against Montananites or something.
That's just Montana. When you have a million people spread throughout that huge expanse of land without any major economic growth, people are gonna believe every conspiracy theory out there. It's how you get a state to almost vote for Obama, go big for Trump and vote for democrats statewide for the 8 years in-between. There really is a belief that it's the World vs Montana and no one cares about the state (though I don't think anyone hates Montana as much as Montanians hate it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom