• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

image.jpg

haha

Ruthless

Lions were down 30-26, they scored a TD with 8 seconds left.
The call was reviewed and overturned; They were a few inches short

By rule, there's a 10 second runoff when a scoring play is overturned, and the game is over.

had it been ruled short on the field, they would have had time to either spike the ball, or just call a timeout.

they had no timeout
otherwise the timeout would've been used instead of the 10seconds runoff

afaik

neoemonk

I am beside myself right now with how that Lions game ended. I remember the batted ball play against the Seahawks a few years ago, and I thought that was bad, but this is something else.

Lions were down 30-26, they scored a TD with 8 seconds left.
The call was reviewed and overturned; They were a few inches short

By rule, there's a 10 second runoff when a scoring play is overturned, and the game is over.

had it been ruled short on the field, they would have had time to either spike the ball, or just call a timeout.

It was going to be 4th down and they had no timeout.

Why should they be punished for the ref screwing it up?
^^ right. Even if the call was right, which I don't think it was, the punishment of one team because the call is wrong -- and that punishment reversing the outcome of the game?

That's how you would rig a game.

linkboy

But were they? If call him down on the field then the clock would have run out before they get another snap.

Exactly. The last play was 3rd down, which means it would have been 4th and goal. The Lions therefore can't spike the ball to stop the clock and they don't have a TO.

There was no way for the Lions to get a play off, so the game essentially ends. By the time Stafford even gets under center, the clock would have expired.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
But were they? If call him down on the field then the clock would have run out before they get another snap.

They could have run a play in 8 seconds. All players were right there at the line.

Tale of the game:

Bell went down every single time he was contacted.

Bears RB's broke like a million tackles.
Despite Bell's skill, his injury history gives me pause and I really wonder how he holds up long term due to that. Also, his distinct style will get (already is) dissected and adapted to by defences and situations where he should just ram it forward end up being a wash yardage wise. We may be missing some O line starters, but our offence is feeling really off and I think they need to evaluate the playbook a bit giving what they are seeing performance wise.

Our D has been quite good in terms of passing but finding ourselves with terrible rushing D is quite a flip.

Going to be some serious tough love this week in practice.

Top Bottom