• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

Doorman

It's hard to say if the Lions would have had the time to get everyone lined up again and snap the ball in just 8 seconds...but stranger things have happened, and for fuck's sake at least they would have had the chance to try and pull it off.

The Lions lost a potential final play because the referees botched the on-field call, and they got punished for it. I understand the ten second runoff rule being in place for overturning challenges or injury timeouts and whatnot, but the Lions didn't actually do anything wrong in that instance and couldn't have done anything else differently, since the on-field ruling was a TD. The refs deleted time off of the game of their own volition and that's kind of fucked.

It's hard to say if the Lions would have had the time to get everyone lined up again and snap the ball in just 8 seconds...but stranger things have happened, and for fuck's sake at least they would have had the chance to try and pull it off.

The Lions lost a potential final play because the referees botched the on-field call, and they got punished for it. I understand the ten second runoff rule being in place for overturning challenges or injury timeouts and whatnot, but the Lions didn't actually do anything wrong in that instance and couldn't have done anything else differently, since the on-field ruling was a TD. The refs deleted time off of the game of their own volition and that's kind of fucked.

I saw the replay. It appears his knee was not down. Maybe just the angle, but how could the refs overturn that when it wasn't conclusive...

If they don't run off the clock then they get another play off which means the Falcons would be punished by the refs getting the call wrong on the field.

Whaaaaat? It's not a penalty on the Lions. It's an attempt to make the clock as accurate to the situation as possible.

scitek

So the rule that decided that Falcons-Lions game...

I assume it's there because the stoppage gives you time to choose a play properly, as opposed to having to scramble while the clock is running and actually get one off. It seems like a shitty rule, but them getting an unofficial timeout wouldn't seem fair, either.

Chirotera

Banned
As a Lions fan, fuck that ending. So sick of the league taking games from us. This is like Johnson's completing the process bull all over again. Lions won today, but the league can't have that.

Too much presnap action and speed for defenses so far against that play. The redzone success the Chiefs have had this season versus last feels worlds apart.

neoemonk

I would so much rather have the Lions lose because they couldn't get set in time than to have a ref come out and say they made the wrong call so the game is over. It's just a shitty way to lose a football game, and I don't know how anyone could think it's ok.

Top Bottom