• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Imagine where we would be if he had gotten more run with the 1s in the offseason.

at this point i dont think it matters. He just threw for 4 TDs and rushed for 1 and he came out in the middle of the fourth quarter. He completed over 70% of his passes yesterday.

the throws he's making too. Look at the first Fuller TD, he "throws fuller open" by throwing it to the back shoulder, fuller spins and catches it, Watson did this last week too. These are things only the veteran QBs in the league are supposed to be able to do.

MechDX

at this point i dont think it matters. He just threw for 4 TDs and rushed for 1 and he came out in the middle of the fourth quarter. He completed over 70% of his passes yesterday.

the throws he's making too. Look at the first Fuller TD, he "throws fuller open" by throwing it to the back shoulder, fuller spins and catches it, Watson did this last week too. These are things only the veteran QBs in the league are supposed to be able to do.

Here is the play mentioned in that CBS article I posted:

yW6mT9J.gif

Did not expect this from him. Poise under pressure and just steps into the throw, splits double coverage and nails Ellington in the hands

gutshot

Here is the play mentioned in that CBS article I posted:

yW6mT9J.gif

Did not expect this from him. Poise under pressure and just steps into the throw, splits double coverage and nails Ellington in the hands

That was a bad throw. Ellington had to fall backwards to catch it. /Fahey

gutshot

That fucker is blocking Texans twitter at a record pace. Still going in on Watson saying he isnt good.

Yeah, same thing happened last year with Wentz and Eagles twitter. The guy is a massive tool who thinks his opinion is gospel and blocks anyone who disagrees.

Clockwork5

I'm really worried about facing Washington today.

Chris Thompson looks scary. Their pass rush looks scary. They looked impressive against the Raiders and the Chiefs have looked less impressive each week.

It should be a good MNF game for once.

j-wood

Watson does look pretty good, but let's not kid ourselves here. Yesterday he was playing against a high school defense basically.

1. Putting McCain and Sims on Hopkins basically the entire game? Umm...ok?

2. Couldn't stop the run.

3. Texans need 3 yards for a first down? We better give a 5 yard cushion, just in case. Fucking infuriating.

SonnyBoy

I'm really worried about facing Washington today.

Chris Thompson looks scary. Their pass rush looks scary. They looked impressive against the Raiders and the Chiefs have looked less impressive each week.

It should be a good MNF game for once.

Don't fret, trust me on this lol.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 33s33 seconds ago

Mitchell Trubisky now will start his first NFL game one week from tonight vs. the Vikings.
0 replies 12 retweets 4 likes

Dishwalla

Banned
Looking forward to the Politically Incorrect Bowl tonight, hope the Washington Politically Incorrects beat the Kansas City Politically Incorrects.

Hindl

Going over the game again, and while Wentz' numbers aren't incredible, I think this was his best game of the season. He was in control the whole time, took care of the ball, checked into runs and adjusted coverage, and managed the game well. Now, that's easy when you're facing one of the worst run defenses in the NFL and just have to hand it off, but still. And Doug called a great game too. It was weird, the Chargers closed it to 2 points with 7 minutes left, but I wasn't really worried. That's the first time in forever where I was confident the team would finish the job, and they went out and did just that. Still, they won't be able to run over every team, but it's a good start

Also, this game showed why Fletcher Cox is so highly paid. The defense is completely different when he isn't playing. The defense did just enough, but that's two weeks in a row where they faltered in the 4th quarter. And that's with TOP giving them plenty of rest. It's concerning, hopefully Cox comes back completely healthy and Darby comes back good too

SonnyBoy

Going over the game again, and while Wentz' numbers aren't incredible, I think this was his best game of the season. He was in control the whole time, took care of the ball, checked into runs and adjusted coverage, and managed the game well. Now, that's easy when you're facing one of the worst run defenses in the NFL and just have to hand it off, but still. And Doug called a great game too. It was weird, the Chargers closed it to 2 points with 7 minutes left, but I wasn't really worried. That's the first time in forever where I was confident the team would finish the job, and they went out and did just that. Still, they won't be able to run over every team, but it's a good start

Wentz is very impressive.

Badosh

Mitchell Trubisky now will start his first NFL game one week from tonight vs. the Vikings.

I'm not sure if this is good or bad for my Vikes.

I didn't watch him at all in the preseason but he can't be worse than Glennon.

SonnyBoy

Well in that case, it will be interesting to see the reasons why the 4-0 Chiefs are still ranked at #2 in the power rankings. :p

I'm afraid that the Chiefs lateral speed will take the teeth out of the defense. The Skins have bigger CB's that matched up well against OAK, Hill is gonna be a problem.

Also, I don't trust the Skin's offense.

Striker

Tough task against a fantastic Vikings front. Is there a sadder group of WR's than the Bears right now? Victor Cruz couldn't even make the squad. :\

Jarnet87

it only took 4 weeks for John Fox to see what the rest of the world knew since preseason. Maybe olds can still learn new tricks

gutshot

Also, this game showed why Fletcher Cox is so highly paid. The defense is completely different when he isn't playing. The defense did just enough, but that's two weeks in a row where they faltered in the 4th quarter. And that's with TOP giving them plenty of rest. It's concerning, hopefully Cox comes back completely healthy and Darby comes back good too

Yeah, I thought Wentz looked sharp. Threw some great balls. The go route to Agholor, a couple up the seam to Ertz and Smith (although he dropped it). He also continues to be tough to take down back there. The one where he got away from one Charger and then thew almost a no-look pass back across the field to Blount was very impressive. He still missed on his one deep throw though. I really hope he can connect on those soon, I don't want it getting in his head that he can't hit the deep ball

Obviously, having a legit ground game has kept Wentz's numbers down the past 2weeks. But there is something to be said for just managing a game, making the throws when you need to and limiting sacks and turnovers. And he's done that the past couple games.

Jeff-DSA

I've never seen a Miami team with an offense this impotent and incompetent. With those receivers and Jay Ajayi in the backfield, there's absolutely no reason for them to be this bad. With those guys a team could almost run base sets all game and still do better. I don't get.

Yeah, I thought Wentz looked sharp. Threw some great balls. The go route to Agholor, a couple up the seam to Ertz and Smith (although he dropped it). He also continues to be tough to take down back there. The one where he got away from one Charger and then thew almost a no-look pass back across the field to Blount was very impressive. He still missed on his one deep throw though. I really hope he can connect on those soon, I don't want it getting in his head that he can't hit the deep ball

Obviously, having a legit ground game has kept Wentz's numbers down the past 2weeks. But there is something to be said for just managing a game, making the throws when you need to and limiting sacks and turnovers. And he's done that the past couple games.

His deep balls were much closer to being accurate this week than they had been previously. I think it's a chemistry thing and they're starting to sync up finally.

Hindl

I consider both the Agholor and Ertz throws deep balls since they travelled over 25 yards in the air, and those were on the money. The really deep throws are still a concern but as long as he can connect on the 25-30 yard throws that's plenty. And after 3 weeks of struggling he hit a few of those against the Chargers.

But yeah, he wasn't doing jaw-dropping plays, but it's good that he didn't have to do that. The rest of the offense was clicking and he didn't need to force anything. I'm fine with him not cracking 250 yards if that's what the offense looks like
Most of the panthers big plays came from miscommunication it seems
Yeah there was that one drive where 3 plays in a row they just left the receiver on the left side of the field completely uncovered. It was weird watching it

Top Bottom