• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

Clockwork5

I've never seen a Miami team with an offense this impotent and incompetent. With those receivers and Jay Ajayi in the backfield, there's absolutely no reason for them to be this bad. With those guys a team could almost run base sets all game and still do better. I don't get.

Jay Cutler

Fox318

I played NBA 2k on the switch.

I need to pick that game up. Yeah 60 FPS would be nice but the game looks good enough especially since I can play it on my couch.

Fox318

I've never seen a Miami team with an offense this impotent and incompetent. With those receivers and Jay Ajayi in the backfield, there's absolutely no reason for them to be this bad. With those guys a team could almost run base sets all game and still do better. I don't get.
They should make the call.

kapcap.jpg

Cutler has proven to not be a NFL qb with the last two performances.

JABEE

The Eagles are in a really good spot. I wonder how much they will get out of Sidney Jones and Ronald Darby to end the season.

Sephzilla

I'm in a spot where, for once, I don't really feel that worried about the Packers. Their defense seems decent enough and I think that everyone is going to get healthy at the right time and the team will be fresh come playoff time.

The team does need to make some kind of a deal for another RB though. Montgomery is not going to last the season

Cutler has proven to not be a NFL qb with the last two performances.

I think Cutler has proven to not be an NFL QB with his last two seasons

Hindl

The Eagles are in a really good spot. I wonder how much they will get out of Sidney Jones and Ronald Darby to end the season.
Yeah the secondary is the only weakness of the team really. Everywhere else there's at least solid starters. If Darby comes back and Jones could contribute this looks like one of the most well balanced teams in the league. But of course that means no other injuries or regression from how they're playing now
Aren't they saying Darby will be back in another 2-3 weeks? Hopefully we see him back before the first half of the season is over.
Darby should be back for the second Washington game

Camwi

I'm not sure if this is good or bad for my Vikes.

I didn't watch him at all in the preseason but he can't be worse than Glennon.

He looked FAR better than Glennon in the preseason.

Then again, that was the preseason, so who knows how well he'll do starting his first regular NFL game against a monster defense like the Vikings.

effzee

To me, Wentz only really had 2 bad throws and both were when he forced the ball to Alshon. Could have been picked. Otherwise solid, mistake-free game.

Duxxy3

Most of the panthers big plays came from miscommunication it seems

Because Gilmore is talented but ultimately worthless in that defense. Same as Ealy. Same as a lot of other players.

They were better with Logan Ryan because he communicated better than Gilmore.

Honestly they might be better with Gilmore on the bench doing nothing. I don't know if it's something that can be fixed. He's a veteran. That's just the way he is.

JABEE

To me, Wentz only really had 2 bad throws and both were when he forced the ball to Alshon. Could have been picked. Otherwise solid, mistake-free game.

And I feel both were balls that he threw up for Jeffery to make a play on against a shorter corner.

Why bring Jones back at all this year? I thought all the talk when he was drafted was that he would need a season to recover. I would hate for them to rush him back this year when they are not really ready to seriously compete. Hopefully get him ready for next year when they should be a much better team.

Because Gilmore is talented but ultimately worthless in that defense. Same as Ealy. Same as a lot of other players.

They were better with Logan Ryan because he communicated better than Gilmore.

Honestly they might be better with Gilmore on the bench doing nothing. I don't know if it's something that can be fixed. He's a veteran. That's just the way he is.
If they lose this game idk what can be done

Vikings confirm torn ACL for Cook.

I had that sinking feeling in my stomach the moment it happened.

Fuck.

Cook was really starting his rookie season off amazingly well. A legitimate offensive threat that had a huge chip on his shoulder after falling to the second round of the draft.

Well... guess time to see if Murray is worth the dollars MN dropped on him. *sigh*

Why bring Jones back at all this year? I thought all the talk when he was drafted was that he would need a season to recover. I would hate for them to rush him back this year when they are not really ready to seriously compete. Hopefully get him ready for next year when they should be a much better team.

If he's fully recovered why not bring him back? It's not like they have extreme depth at that positions and they've got so many people on IR that they may have roster space. May as well get him a few snaps here and there in games to get some experience.

JABEE

One of his old college teammates was saying he would be back this season.

I wouldn't be upset if they held him out until next season, but it's an option.

It depends on if he's 100% ready.

Darby coming back soon will hopefully make the decision easier.

I'm pissed about the Patriots defense for two main reasons:

1) They're terrible
2) It can be used to justify years of bad defensive AI in Madden

Watching defensive breakdowns in yesterday's Patriots game is like watching a Madden defensive breakdown video, where guys run to the opposite part of the field that they're supposed to cover, or stay 10 yards away from the nearest receiver while playing zones.

Hindl

Until the Patriots are out of the playoffs I refuse to believe the sky is falling in Foxborough

He was always slated to be healthy around late October-early November. The question was if they'd activate him or shut him down, because CBs take a while to adjust to the NFL anyway and he missed all of training camp, OTAs, and half the season. Plus, if they shut him down, then 4 years from now he's a Restricted FA instead of a full FA.

On the other hand though, if he's fully healthy and ready then there's no reason to hold him out. And I'm not saying the Eagles are destined for a deep playoff run, but a lot of teams around the league are looking shaky. I think they'll try to activate him for the Cowboys game since they have the bye before that and that gives him an extra week to get caught up. If they're in a good spot by then and he's ready, start him. If the Eagles are floating around .500 though they can probably keep him out for the season

Bread

Banned
We won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls and were a hair away from being in a 3rd but them being 2-2 is an outrage and cannot stand!
The fact that we haven’t won 3 Super Bowls in a row is disgusting and we should fire Belichick and get those sons of bitches off the field.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 33s33 seconds ago

Mitchell Trubisky now will start his first NFL game one week from tonight vs. the Vikings.
0 replies 12 retweets 4 likes

If anything says #safe it's debuting on primetime against a team that just had 6 sacks

jesus

Ian Rapoport ✔@RapSheet
The symptoms for #Seahawks OL Rees Odhiambo — heart contusion, sternum injury — mimic that of a car accident. Scary stuff.

he bruised his heart

Mitchell Trubisky now will start his first NFL game one week from tonight vs. the Vikings.

That poor bastard. Vikings offense is now dead in the water, but the defense will feast on him.

Sephzilla

Because the Bears had to find a way to screw this up even more.

Top Bottom