• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

Rvaan

Banned
Plot twist?

DLYzj1aXkAgOe4D.jpg

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/915976275356999680

DLY0DrgUMAIfxrP.jpg

DLY07oqVYAADl3u.jpg

(and no, that doesn't justify Cam's stupid-ass comment)

Time to milkshake duck less than 24 hours.

Zeke

Cowboys are two point favorites over the packers. I don't understand how that's possible given the way this team has played so far this season. Charles Tapped is on IR so there goes another defensive body.

Bitanator

Cowboys are two point favorites over the packers. I don't understand how that's possible given the way this team has played so far this season. Charles Tapped is on IR so there goes another defensive body.

Give us more snaps with Taco and his patented slow motion spin move

Bronx-Man

Banned
Green Bay’s probably the one team in the NFC with a worse defense than us.

Rvaan

Banned
Over/under hours until she gets fired?

I don't know why people don't scrub their social media.

My guess is she doesn't get fired. A suspension is more likely given this whole situation. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen if they fire her.

Edit: You and me should go into business together. We'll start a company that scrubs people's social media accounts when they start new jobs.

jmizzal

I think what Cam said was stupid, but its not like he was telling he shes a women and she doesnt know anything about football and stuff like that.

Its true you dont hear females talk about routes and stuff, how many female coaches are there in the NFL or college football.

Also coming up there were not that many females reporters in football, there were very few.

I dont think its this big deal that needs to blow up, I didnt think she needed to put out some statement afterwards.

Greg

I think what Cam said was stupid, but its not like he was telling he shes a women and she doesnt know anything about football and stuff like that.

Its true you dont hear females talk about routes and stuff, how many female coaches are there in the NFL or college football.

Also coming up there were not that many females reporters in football, there were very few.

I dont think its this big deal that needs to blow up, I didnt think she needed to put out some statement afterwards.
hi Cam

bruh

Hindl

Let's ignore that plenty of women watch football. This is a Panthers beat reporter that's been covering them for a year and personally introduced herself to Cam when she started the job a year ago. It's completely unacceptable

Rvaan

Banned

14fm1ck5pr3siht51vojw9zh2_320x240x53_by_menaria-d9r5set.gif

jmizzal

Let's ignore that plenty of women watch football. This is a Panthers beat reporter that's been covering them for a year and personally introduced herself to Cam when she started the job a year ago. It's completely unacceptable

Did I say anything about women dont watch Football? I say again how many female coaches are there? How many female football reporters where there back in the 90's?

I said the comment was dumb, i'm looking at it from Cam's prospective on not hearing females talk about routes and stuff like that.

My point is he didnt say females are dumb and shouldnt talk about Football.

Maybe Cam was being a jerk, but lets not pretend there wasnt a time where most men thought like just what Cam said, and Cam was wrong for that but thats just how its been

Doomsayer

Football beat writer doesn't understand Football.

Stop it.

Hindl

Did I say anything about women dont watch Football? I say again how many female coaches are there? How many female football reporters where there back in the 90's?

I said the comment was dumb, i'm looking at it from Cam's prospective on not hearing females talk about routes and stuff like that.

My point is he didnt say females are dumb and shouldnt talk about Football.
This doesn't change the fact that this specific reporter has been covering the Panthers for a year and personally introduced herself to him. And let's change the scenario a bit.

Cam's car breaks down, he takes it to an auto repair shop. There's a female mechanic there who explains what's wrong with his suspension. Do you think it wouldn't be a big deal if he said "It's funny to hear a female talk about car suspensions" just because there aren't a lot of female mechanics?

You agree that's it's bad, but ultimately think it's not a big deal. But these "small things" add up in society. If we want to progress as a society, yes, we need to blow up seemingly small things like this and make sure people understand it's not ok to think or say these things. If there's no backlash, what's to stop someone else from doing it? Or Cam himself doing it again?

jmizzal

Football beat writer doesn't understand Football.

Stop it.

Yup that exactly what I wrote

This doesn't change the fact that this specific reporter has been covering the Panthers for a year and personally introduced herself to him. And let's change the scenario a bit.

Cam's car breaks down, he takes it to an auto repair shop. There's a female mechanic there who explains what's wrong with his suspension. Do you think it wouldn't be a big deal if he said "It's funny to hear a female talk about car suspensions"?

You agree that's it's bad, but ultimately think it's not a big deal. But these "small things" add up in society. If we want to progress as a society, yes, we need to blow up seemingly small things like this and make sure people understand it's not ok to think or say these things. If there's no backlash, what's to stop someone else from doing it? Or Cam himself doing it again?

If you want to blow it up blow it, but that doesnt mean I have to think it needs to blow up

Hindl

Yup that exactly what I wrote

If you want to blow it up blow it, but that doesnt mean I have to think it needs to blow up
Why not? That's essentially saying you're alright with this behavior continuing if you don't think there should be consequences.

Or I guess a better question. Do you think this behavior is acceptable? And if not, what should we do to make sure it doesn't happen again?

jmizzal

Why not? That's essentially saying you're alright with this behavior continuing if you don't think there should be consequences

I dont even like Cam Newton, and I dont know if he was just being a jerk to her specifically or just ignorant to what he said.

Hindl

I dont even like Cam Newton, and I dont know if he was just being a jerk to her specifically or just ignorant to what he said.

Here's the clip, you can see the context here:
https://twitter.com/CarlinReeseWIP/status/915690633041457152

I'm not trying to gang on you here, but you initially brushed this off and I want you to understand why people are upset. And put Cam aside for a second. Just pretend this is a faceless athlete and faceless female reporter. Or any case where a man patronizes a woman trying to do her job in a male-dominated field. Now, seeing what he said in context, do you think it was acceptable? If you agree that it's not, then just saying "Eh what he said was dumb but whatever" doesn't really solve the problem right?

In the grand scheme of things, yes, this was a throwaway comment made by an ignorant idiot. But if we want to get to the point where this doesn't happen anymore, we need to attack these cases that don't seem like a big deal in a vacuum. Because it's not just Cam, I can guarantee throughout her entire career she's heard similar lines countless times. Blowing this up isn't just about this specific case, it's about the underlying attitudes and biases that lead to these things being seen as "not a big deal" or "boys will be boys"

Jarnet87

Keith Tandy and TJ Ward doubtful, Chris Conte and rookie Justin Evans going to start at safety.

Tom Baby could throw for a thousand yards and 10 touchdowns tonight

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Packers are like 90% injured at this point. It's Aaron Rodgers and some fans they picked off the streets in Green Bay. The game will be the football version of a homerun derby.

Andrew Siciliano ✔@AndrewSiciliano
Ron Rivera: “I think Cam made a mistake.”

How many times must he have said this from even just the SB on

Top Bottom