• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

JABEE

Does he have a Scarface poster in it?
He has a McCabin

9SO8bv0.jpg

Bitanator

Watt was one of the league leaders in passes defended one year as a defensive lineman with 16, he is a first ballot player.

That's not the argument you were talking about though...
You’re saying the argument against watt is one thing then, longevity, which is something that doesn’t diminish his actual accomplishments.

So why can’t something else that doesn’t affect his on the field accomplishments also affect his elegibility in a positive way?

Slo

If we're going to call all these hits to the helmet/shoulder, then the WR shouldn't be allowed to turtle up like a bitch and make it impossible to not hit those areas.

JABEE

If we're going to call all these hits to the helmet/shoulder, then the WR shouldn't be allowed to turtle up like a bitch and make it impossible to not hit those areas.
Or a player is just down in that situation. Not sure how you would do it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Come on now what? They're both going down. I guess he just needed to two hand touch him down. Cant try and knock the ball out anymore.

Yes cause that Helmet crashing into the other Helmet at full force would've caused a fumble!

Velcro Fly

Hit a guy helmet to helmet in the back of the head when his head is about a foot off the ground and some people here can't understand the penalty.

You’re saying the argument against watt is one thing then, longevity, which is something that doesn’t diminish his actual accomplishments.

So why can’t something else that doesn’t affect his on the field accomplishments also affect his elegibility in a positive way?

There are many examples of players having to wait on the call or never getting it because their careers were cut short by injury. I don’t know of an example of what you suggested. A few voters have talked a little about the conversations that have taken place during these votes, and to my knowledge it hasn’t come up in that manner.

He seems like a great human being. AFAIK that isn’t going to come up in the voting.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Yes cause that Helmet crashing into the other Helmet at full force would've caused a fumble!
He lead with his shoulder. Their helmets are so fucking big its actually hard to not hit the helmet. If you think that was targeting I have a bridge to sell you.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
There's hard plays, hard hits to cause turnovers, that wasn't one of them

We're trying to stop those hits

Guy was going down, they way he's falling, he got the wind knocked out of him
Leading with your head should be a penalty, they're trying to remove that bullshit from the game

Top Bottom