• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

linkboy

I can't believe the 49ers are reduced to the Browns level after having all that talent few years back.

Trent Baalke did a downright shit job drafting. He's the biggest reason they're in the mess they are.

With that said, Bowman doesn't have it anymore. He doesn't have the speed that he used to after the knee and Achilles injuries.

It sucks, but I get why SF released him.

Trent Baalke did a downright shit job drafting. He's the biggest reason they're in the mess they are.

With that said, Bowman doesn't have it anymore. He doesn't have the speed that he used to after the knee and Achilles injuries.

It sucks, but I get why SF released him.

Yeah FMT said the same thing about Baalke, when there was rumors about Baalke joining the Broncos front office.

Doomsayer

You guys are crazy... Bowman's injuries have nearly negated all his speed. He is not a starting linebacker anymore. Couple that with that him openly shitting on the coaching staff I understand it. Not to mention his huge cap hold.

I'm sad he's no longer and 49er, but I get it.

All 9er fans knew Trent Baalke was trash.

You guys are crazy... Bowman's injuries have nearly negated all his speed. He is not a starting linebacker anymore. Couple that with that him openly shitting on the coaching staff I understand it. Not to mention his huge cap hold.

Take a look at the Raiders linebackers and tell me he wouldn't start

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
49ers back to being a dumpster fire organization, couldn't even get a late round draft pick for Navvorro Bowman

Nah, he's too much of an injury risk for a trade. Teams were better off waiting til he was either released or hit FA.

A lot of SF fans on here seem to be getting more and more reactionary in recent years.

Then again, it just used to be FMT, Nameless, method, Corran, you, and me for the longest time. The post Mariucci/pre-Harbaugh years honed our cynical edge.

Tom Nook

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 32s32 seconds ago
More
The #49ers are releasing LB NaVorro Bowman, according to GM John Lynch

:(

I noticed Bowman was slow and not effective on the field in the last few games.

Comeback Foster.

Best Bowman moment
jFe9yFI.gif

foppy79

Here's a question: Does Shanahan survive 2+ seasons at this current rate? I doubt Jed York would be the type to commit to a front office ala the Cleve has tried to do, although it hasn't been pretty.
Alshon is the reason Agholor and Ertz are doing so well
Alshon is in this weird space where he exists to be a body. A good enough talent to be a no. 1 WR and draw away the elite corners, but not do too much himself.
tbf, that's how I play Madden.
When it comes to doing actual receiving, alshon has disappointed, but he's done his job opening up the middle of the field. If he is still on the eagles after this season, it might not be for long before we find someone better, or defenses catch up.

Here's a question: Does Shanahan survive 2+ seasons at this current rate? I doubt Jed York would be the type to commit to a front office ala the Cleve has tried to do, although it hasn't been pretty.

Alshon is in this weird space where he exists to be a body. A good enough talent to be a no. 1 WR and draw away the elite corners, but not do too much himself.
When it comes to doing actual receiving, alshon has disappointed, but he's done his job opening up the middle of the field. If he is still on the eagles after this season, it might not be for long before we find someone better, or defenses catch up.

Wtf kind of question is this?

They’re in year 1 of an expected 5 year rebuild. They’ve been competitive in their games. They cut some dead overpriced veteran weight and now it’s all doom and gloom lol.

Doomsayer

This is a throwaway year, I believe that's why both Lynch and Shanahan got 6 year contracts. If they look this bad next year, who knows? This team is miles ahead of last year's team (and the year before that). So I think Shanahan is going to be a good coach.

Hindl

Eh he hasn't had the best start and has lost more 50/50 balls than I'd like, but some of his lack of production is on Wentz too. It takes time for a QB to get chemistry with his receivers. Last night he was 4 for 71 and if he didn't have that no call DPI he would've been 5 for over 100. And he doesn't have volume, but he's made plenty of clutch catches for the Eagles. And if defenses stop cheating towards him and start defending the middle of the field more, I'd expect him to have bigger games

Pepiope

Eh he hasn't had the best start and has lost more 50/50 balls than I'd like, but some of his lack of production is on Wentz too. It takes time for a QB to get chemistry with his receivers. Last night he was 4 for 71 and if he didn't have that no call DPI he would've been 5 for over 100. And he doesn't have volume, but he's made plenty of clutch catches for the Eagles. And if defenses stop cheating towards him and start defending the middle of the field more, I'd expect him to have bigger games
Yeah. He's reliable. He's also drawn like 2-3 DPIs that would all be TDs. So that takes away production too

Hindl

Yeah. He's reliable. He's also drawn like 2-3 DPIs that would all be TDs. So that takes away production too

I'll agree that he's not gonna get Dez/Julio money, but if the eagles could get something like 4 years $40-45M with an extra $10M in incentives I'd take that

foppy79

Oh hey that was a nice discussion

I didn't know what alshon was when he got hired, and assumed he'd be a dez type. I hope his real contract isn't ridiculous, but no matter what it will be to yh

As for Shanahan, the immediate fire of chip threw me through a loop, and I just associated that all with Jed York being a baby. Not that he isn't, but I'm afraid his short patience would turn San Francisco into a more expensive Cleve, hopefully Shanahan is a talented enough coach to stop this from happening
I decided I’m bandwagoning the Bengals.
Bandwagoning the team you've been a fan of...then pretending to jump ship, but still be a fan afterwords, avoiding all the ridicule...

Genius.

Hindl

Oh hey that was a nice discussion

I didn't know what alshon was when he got hired, and assumed he'd be a dez type. I hope his real contract isn't ridiculous, but no matter what it will be to yh

As for Shanahan, the immediate fire of chip threw me through a loop, and I just associated that all with Jed York being a baby. Not that he isn't, but I'm afraid his short patience would turn San Francisco into a more expensive Cleve, hopefully Shanahan is a talented enough coach to stop this from happening

Bandwagoning the team you've been a fan of...then pretending to jump ship, but still be a fan afterwords, avoiding all the ridicule...

Genius.
Alshon is a Dez type. Big receiver that goes up and gets the ball. He hasn't done that yet, but he and Wentz are getting more connections every week. He's worth keeping around. Not top WR money, but not too far off. Plus, still 10 games left in the season

foppy79

Alshon is a Dez type. Big receiver that goes up and gets the ball. He hasn't done that yet, but he and Wentz are getting more connections every week. He's worth keeping around. Not top WR money, but not too far off. Plus, still 10 games left in the season
He'll be interesting to watch, but he will have to start producing sooner than later

In the meantime, please enjoy this death stare by 18 year old Carson "Can't Miss" Wentz

49ers now have only 17 players on the active roster that made the 53 out of camp last year

They have around $120mil in cap space next year too. So there's so much more change to look forward to.

Basically if you're still somehow a fan, don't get attached enough to anyone to buy jerseys for a couple years

Top Bottom