• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

boiled goose

good with gravy
So I just watched a replay of that "fumble" that cost the Jets a TD. I have a question.

How is it a "fumble" if the ball didn't hit the ground? Or didn't fall into the arms of the opposing team in mid-air? Like, a player can run down the field with the ball, casually tossing it from hand to hand like he just doesn't care, and that ain't a fumble. How is "slightly loose for a moment" a fumble?

The argument is that he didnt have possession when he hit the pylon.

Ball doesn't have to hit the ground to be a fumble. You just have to lose possession. Bad snaps, dropped backwards passes, balls popping up and getting catched. Has nothing to do with hitting the ground.

Now in that play he recovered ball at some point when is question.

Something unclear is where burden lies.

Ruled touchdown on field so need to have evidence to overturn

Evidence that ball was ripped out. Yes.
Evidence ball recovered before pylon. No.

So do you need evidence to overturn the touchdown? (Ball not recovered before pylon)

Or

After seeing ball come out, do you need evidence of recovery before pylon?

Friends, it's over. We're free

s2xq8trjy1sz.jpg

Tom Brady arrested Gata

We're finally free

squicken

Patterson is such a physical freak. How do the Chargers give that up? He has zero receiving skills. If he is on the field it’s likely a run

Fitts

Good thing the Chargers suck. Because every time Patterson is on the field you know it’s going to him.

Predictable shit, but good shit from Patterson.

Minnesota’s playing with their third string QB and the Lions have looked very far from good so far this year.

It’s still entirely possible the Packers win this division at 8-8/9-7

I would love to see how the hell the Packers win the division with almost no defense, and Hundley under center.

duxstar

Can someone tell me why Andy Reid went for it on 4th down before ? His defense is playing good, and a field goal would've made a touchdown give you the lead.

Other than Andy Reid being terrible at game management

Top Bottom