• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

boiled goose

good with gravy
Can someone tell me why Andy Reid went for it on 4th down before ? His defense is playing good, and a field goal would've made a touchdown give you the lead.

Other than Andy Reid being terrible at game management

The steelers offense is running well. They might not have time to go all the way down.

(Now they got a big td so w.e)

I would love to see how the hell the Packers win the division with almost no defense, and Hundley under center.

Their schedule isn’t particularly difficult. They still have 4 divisional games and they have games against the Bucs, Ravens, and Browns. That’s at the very least 7 “winnable” games.

#DoingIt

PFT said:
It’s not known precisely when the Browns will be making changes to the football operations, but changes to the football operations seem to be coming.

Per a league source with knowledge of the situation, the 0-6 Browns (1-21 since the start of last season) have begun reaching out to candidates to potentially join the organization’s front office. The Browns currently are targeting football executives, and for good reason.

Currently, the front office is run by executive V.P. of football operations Sashi Brown, a lawyer who has never worked as a scout. Former baseball executive Paul DePodesta serves as the team’s chiefs strategy officer. The team has no General Manager.

The Browns have two more games before a bye, with the eighth game of the season coming in London. It’s unclear whether changes would be made during the season, or whether it would be an addition or an addition and one or more subtractions.

Alex Smith finally does something.

Romo sees and has mentioned the O-Line with backups is crap about 20 times. It's partly sticking up for how hard a QBs job is but still true.
On the Smith 1st down scramble but Holding 3 KC OL guys blocked 1 guy so 1 guy was free and clear to Smith.

Instro

Amazing that this game hangs on:

A. A safety from a snap that went through the end zone
B. A field goal not taken and/or uncalled TD catch.

As I understand it if he crosses the goal line with the ball that's a TD right? Play over, nothing that happens after should matter?
Right but the ball was loose just short. It probably should have stayed a TD but I don't know the exact rule. If the ball is loose and we don't know the exact moment he gained control( in or out of bounds) does that go above and beyond any " not conclusive evidence"?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The argument is that he didnt have possession when he hit the pylon.

Ball doesn't have to hit the ground to be a fumble. You just have to lose possession. Bad snaps, dropped backwards passes, balls popping up and getting catched. Has nothing to do with hitting the ground.

Now in that play he recovered ball at some point when is question.

Something unclear is where burden lies.

Ruled touchdown on field so need to have evidence to overturn

Evidence that ball was ripped out. Yes.
Evidence ball recovered before pylon. No.

So do you need evidence to overturn the touchdown? (Ball not recovered before pylon)

Or

After seeing ball come out, do you need evidence of recovery before pylon?

Hm, I guess the reason it doesn't make sense to me is that it was ruled a TD on the field. I don't think there's enough "definitive evidence" that he lost it before the pylon. :/

Top Bottom