• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2018 |OT| Can we average a page/commercial?

eclipze

Difference between Rodgers and Brady seem to be: when GB loses, Rodgers didn’t have enough help. When the Pats lose, Brady didn’t play well enough. Always. Meanwhile Pats change their receiving core every other year and Gronk gets hurt every other year as well.

There’s no question that Rodgers is probably the most gifted athlete to play QB and can make every throw, but he still doesn’t master the offense or handle the line of scrimmage like the lead-footed Brady. It’s amazing how well Brady moves in the pocket when you consider he moves like a 55 year old man. He shouldn’t be as good as he is, but somehow it all works.

That’s funny, because Rodgers pretty much runs the offense. The plays being radio’d in are just suggestions from the OC/McCarthy. He runs everything including all blocking assignments and is the best in the league at it. The whole 2nd half last night was no huddle with Aaron schematically destroying everything the Bears were throwing at him.

After the lions lose, 1st year coaches are 0-6 this week, with Gruden still to go.

While true, I think how Nagy's bears played and how Patricia's Lions played shows a stark difference regarding just where those first-year coaches are. If the Bears can find their footing, it'll be interesting to see if they can take over the "Kings of Defense" title from Seattle's corpse.

yeah, its only week 1, just thought the stat was interesting

also, 0-7 with raiders loss

Welp, the Rams did what they were supposed to do. I think the Rams can pull off this hodgepodge of talent and take themselves to the Super Bowl, barring injury to Gurley. We shall see.

That’s funny, because Rodgers pretty much runs the offense. The plays being radio’d in are just suggestions from the OC/McCarthy. He runs everything including all blocking assignments and is the best in the league at it. The whole 2nd half last night was no huddle with Aaron schematically destroying everything the Bears were throwing at him.

Brady does the same thing and he does it better against really good teams. They are always in the right play. Rodgers tends to get out of the pocket to make plays when there’s more pressure, but Brady can’t do that, so he just sits in the pocket the whole time.

Patricia has clearly made his mark in Detroit already. That defense looked a lot like the Patriots defense last year. Holes everywhere. I don’t know why they hired him.

natjjohn

NFL-2018-Regular-Season-Week-2-Schedule.jpg

Week 2 is upon us. Seems like tonight’s game could be a low scoring affair. Didn’t double check this but Bengals/Ravens doesn’t tend to light up the scoreboard. I like the Bengals tonight at home. Line is a pick em. Most folks will go Ravens due to their dominating performance last week I’d imagine.

Think week 1 will bring out some overreactions based on one game. Feeling a couple upset picks this week. As crazy as it sounds after their performance Monday night, I like the Lions to go into San Francisco and steal the win. They are six point underdogs so they are getting no love currently. I also like the Panthers to upset the Falcons. Atlanta has lost two key pieces of their defense for this game. Think the Panthers show up in this divisional matchup. Outside of these two games, think I like the favorites to win the rest of them.

bigedole

I'm pretty excited for Oakland and Denver. Denver not getting much respect this year, and Oakland getting too much lol.

Kacho

Gold Member
Ravens @ Bengals should be a good one. AFC North matchups usually deliver like NFC East.

Colts Skins and Viks Packs are my 👀 this week

Hopefully the Bucs can tap into that Fitzmagic and whoop up on the Eagles

bucyou

Tonight can be a boring game, hoping for some points as i got mixon on my fantasy team lol.

Bucs got some more tension this week, our 2016 1st round CB was just placed on IR, desean jackson doesnt look like he is going to play, our 1st round pick (vita vea) from last years draft is still out with much mystery surrounding his injury, and our 2nd round RB from 2018 draft will more than likely be inactive as well. If our veteran CB brent grimes is out again we got mostly rookies in the secondary

manfestival

Cant wait for the snoozefest that is tonights game.

As a bucs fan, I want my team to go perfect record. This will truly be a test of the bucs on Sunday. On the bright side, we can't go 0-16.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
im thinking the ravens this week. they are the superior defense. Mixons gonna get stuck running against them. historically Dalton doesnt do well during night games. hes got the better weapons, but not sure if he can perform under the pass rush of the ravens. dunno if ill watch all game, but im just happy to see football back on tv.

as a panthers fan, ill gladly take fitzmagic to fizzle out and bucs lose... really hoping Sarkisian hasnt figured out how to penetrate the red zone by sunday - hah!

Last edited:
im thinking the ravens this week. they are the superior defense. Mixons gonna get stuck running against them. historically Dalton doesnt do well during night games. hes got the better weapons, but not sure if he can perform under the pass rush of the ravens.

By the same token, I hope the Bengals line gets to Flacco and turns him back into 2016 Flacco. Collins might do well, though.

Last year, the disastrous o-line play killed the Bengals' offense--I'd venture over half of Mixon's yards were after contact, and Dalton had about a second shorter than most QBs in the league. They've tried to shore it up via trades and the draft, looks like it's at least had a positive effect.

maybe a new OL coach after 24 years might of helped as well

Eh, I'd attribute it to losing two excellent linemen (Whitworth, Zeitler) and replacing them with turnstiles (Ogbuehi being the prime example). That same coach has had great lines before, and they usually coincided with the Bengals best successes in the Lewis era. You may have a point, though.

bucyou

Week 2 Friday injury report

Dolphins at Jets

LS John Denney (shoulder), DE William Hayes (finger) and WR DeVante Parker (finger) are listed as questionable for the Dolphins.

Jets S Marcus Maye (foot) is set to miss his second straight game. LB Josh Martin(concussion) is definitely out and S Doug Middleton (finger) is deemed questionable to play in the AFC East clash.

Browns at Saints

DE Emmanuel Ogbah (ankle) will be out of the lineup for the Browns. LB Christian Kirksey (shoulder, ankle) is listed as questionable.

DT Tyeler Davison (foot) is the only Saints player with an injury designation. He has been ruled out.

Chargers at Bills

The Chargers ruled out T Joe Barksdale (knee), DE Joey Bosa (foot) and CB Craig Mager(hamstring). WR Travis Benjamin (foot) is considered questionable.

CB Taron Johnson (shoulder) and DE Shaq Lawson (hamstring) will miss the game for the Bills. WR Ray-Ray McCloud (knee) is listed as questionable.

Chiefs at Steelers

The Chiefs are set to play without S Eric Berry (heel) again this week after listing him as doubtful. LB Ben Niemann (hamstring) has been ruled out.

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) is listed as questionable after returning to practice on Friday. CB Artie Burns (toe), DT Cameron Heyward (knee) and TE Vance McDonald(foot) are also questionable for Pittsburgh. DE Tyson Alualu (shoulder), G David DeCastro(hand) and CB Joe Haden (hamstring) are likely out after being listed as doubtful.

Colts at Washington

The Colts ruled out Denico Autry (ankle), T Anthony Castonzo (hamstring), T Denzelle Good (knee, wrist) and CB Chris Milton (concussion). S Clayton Geathers (knee), RB Marlon Mack (hamstring) and DT Grover Stewart (shoulder) drew questionable tags.

Washington S Troy Apke (hamstring) is out this weekend. WR Maurice Harris (concussion), T Morgan Moses (knee) and WR Paul Richardson (shoulder) were listed as questionable.

Eagles at Buccaneers

Eagles RB Darren Sproles (hamstring) got hurt in practice this week and will miss the game. WR Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) and QB Carson Wentz (knee) remain out. WR Shelton Gibson (knee) is listed as questionable.

CB Brent Grimes (groin) and DT Vita Vea (calf) remain out for the Buccaneers. WR DeSean Jackson (shoulder, concussion) and DE Jason Pierre-Paul (knee) were listed as questionable after returning to practice for the final two days of the week.

Panthers at Falcons

The Panthers will take on their NFC South rivals without WR Damiere Byrd (knee), TE Greg Olsen (foot), WR Curtis Samuel (medical illness) and G Trai Turner (concussion).

The Falcons won’t have RB Devonta Freeman (knee), WR Russell Gage (knee) or G Ben Garland (calf). CB Isaiah Oliver (ankle) is listed as questionable.

Texans at Titans

CB Kayvon Webster (Achilles) is the only Texans player ruled out ahead of Sunday’s game. CB Johnson Bademosi (knee), LB Jadeveon Clowney (back, elbow), WR Sammie Coates(hamstring), WR Keke Coutee (hamstring), DE Christian Covington (thigh, knee), LB Duke Ejiofor (hamstring), WR Will Fuller (hamstring), and WR DeAndre Hopkins (foot) are all listed as questionable.

QB Marcus Mariota (right elbow) is questionable for the Titans and head coach Mike Vrabelsaid on Friday that he expects Mariota and Blaine Gabbert to play this weekend. T Jack Conklin (knee), T Taylor Lewan (concussion) and S Kendrick Lewis (foot) are definitely out. T Dennis Kelly (illness), LB Harold Landry (ankle), LB Derrick Morgan (knee) and TE Luke Stocker (calf) join Mariota with questionable tags.

Vikings at Packers

C Pat Elflein (ankle, shoulder) is out again for the Vikings, but they are otherwise healthy.

The Packers will wait to make a call on QB Aaron Rodgers (knee), who is listed as questionable along with WR Davante Adams (shoulder) and LB Oren Burks (shoulder). S Josh Jones (ankle) has been ruled out.

Cardinals at Rams

Cardinals DE Markus Golden (knee) may make his 2018 debut after being listed as questionable. DT Olsen Pierre (toe) and T Andre Smith (elbow) have been ruled out while TE Jermaine Gresham (Achilles) and LB Haason Reddick (ankle) are also listed as questionable.

The Rams ruled out WR Mike Thomas (hip) and listed LB Mark Barron (ankle) as doubtful to play.

Lions at 49ers

DE Ezekiel Ansah (shoulder) said Friday that he’s “optimistic” about his chances of playing after joining RB LeGarrette Blount (shoulder) in the questionable column for the Lions. T Andrew Donnal (knee) and G T.J. Lang (back) have been ruled out, however.

The 49ers will play without G Joshua Garnett (toe), WR Marquise Goodwin (quadricep) and C Erik Magnuson (hamstring). They’ll wait to make calls on S Adrian Colbert(hamstring), G Mike Person (foot) and LB Malcolm Smith (hamstring) after listing them as questionable.

Patriots at Jaguars

The Patriots listed four players — RB Rex Burkhead (concussion), T Marcus Cannon (calf), CB Keion Crossen (hamstring), RB Sony Michel (knee) — as questionable for their trip to Jacksonville.

The Jaguars have just one questionable player, but RB Leonard Fournette (hamstring) is an important one and he did not practice at all this week.

Raiders at Broncos

DT P.J. Hall (ankle) will be missing from the Raiders defensive line. WR Dwayne Harris(foot), G Gabe Jackson (pectoral) and RB DeAndre Washington (knee) are listed as questionable.

The Broncos have no players with injury designations this weekend.

Giants at Cowboys

LB Olivier Vernon (ankle) will miss a second straight Giants game. LB Tae Davis(hamstring) may play after being listed as questionable.

The Cowboys ruled out C Travis Frederick (illness), DT Datone Jones (knee) and S Xavier Woods (hamstring). DE Randy Gregory (concussion) is expected to miss the game after being listed as doubtful.

Looks like d-jax is playing at least

Kacho

Gold Member
I wonder if Jason Garrett will last the season. Sounds like it’s a mess in Dallas. All eyes on how they perform this week.

I wonder if Jason Garrett will last the season. Sounds like it’s a mess in Dallas. All eyes on how they perform this week.

As long as he does what Jerry tells him to do he will be the coach. If they haven’t fired him by now I don’t think they ever will. When was the last time someone said that Dallas overachieved or was coached well?

Also can’t believe they kept Romo on the bench when he got healthy. That team with was good enough to win it all.

Pagusas

Elden Member

There has to be a coach in the market worth switch to for that to happen. The only other way would be a string of blow outs. I remember when the Packers ended the last cowboy coaches career.

natjjohn

If week 1 is an indicator, think Garrett will be the fall guy if season is horrendous for the ‘boys. Fans will clamor hard enough for something the Jones family will make a move.

Rodgers playing today, but still feel good about a Vikings win. Apparently, he has no ligament damage per reports.

LAC 28
BUF 3

It's hilarious that the Bills have to play the Clippers, a basketball team, in order to lose by less than 40 points this week.

Bad joke I know.

Kacho

Gold Member
Just at a glance...

Rodgers appears to be doing his thing against the Vikings D. Cousins struggling.

Bucs need to hold against the Eagles in the second half.

Lol Saints Bills Jets and Steelers

Texans finally on the board but they seem much less impressive than they were last year with Watson.

Last edited:

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Just at a glance...

Rodgers appears to be doing his thing against the Vikings D. Cousins struggling.

Bucs need to hold against the Eagles in the second half.

Lol Saints Bills Jets and Steelers

Texans finally on the board but they seem much less impressive than they were last year with Watson.

Falcons need to keep it up against the panthers. Theyre looking pretty deadly

Top Bottom