• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Newest mock draft from Brugler and Rang. They really like Bortles it seems. Also, I notice that Greg Robinson is increasingly displacing Matthews as the top OT. Robinson is supposed to be as strong as Fluker but more nimble. As it stands now, he or Watkins are the guys I want the Rams to take at 2. Lots can change, obviously

ShaneB

Danny Kelly XLVIII @FieldGulls
Follow
Super Bowl XLVIII Tickets averaging over $4,000 per seat

Dang.

edit: bigger breakdown..

Super Bowl XLVIII will pit the NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks against Peyton Manning and their former AFC West rival Denver Broncos. For 12's that are hoping to go, here's a little bit of information on ticket pricing.

From Jesse Lawrence and the folks at TiqIQ:

- The current average list price is $4,049.17, up 17.41% since Jan 6th ($3,448.79)
- The average sales price is currently $3,466.17
- NY (23%), NJ (17%), and WA (15%) are the states that have been visiting our Super Bowl page the most
- The current get in price is $2,110
- The lowest priced in the Mezzanine is $2,930
- The lowest priced in the Lower Level is $2,890
- The most expensive seat currently listed is in the Lower Club 113 for $27,000+
- The most expensive suite currently listed is at $962,000+ with the cheapest available at $575,000+ (both 30 ticket suites)

BigAT

Oh god, Monte is coming back. Fuckin Jerry.

tmntpaswl.gif

I want Mosley or Nix in that order.

Wouldn't be mad if they get one of the TEs either.
Packers draft needs:

1) strength and conditioning coach
2) S
3) LB
4) DT
5) DL
6) OL
7) CB

So I'm saying I would be a-ok with trading up a few spots for Mosley or Nix... but more ok with stockpiling 2nd/3rd rounders and going to town

Newest mock draft from Brugler and Rang. They really like Bortles it seems. Also, I notice that Greg Robinson is increasingly displacing Matthews as the top OT. Robinson is supposed to be as strong as Fluker but more nimble. As it stands now, he or Watkins are the guys I want the Rams to take at 2. Lots can change, obviously
I think Robinsons stock is only going to increase as the combine and process goes one, I think people are worried about his pass blocking skills though because of auburns offense.
Time to start saving for my future superb owl tickets.

Or did you only catch the part where his passes were so perfect they were off target?

Oh, man, that was an amazing line. I re-watched the game late last night, and since I wasn't worried about the outcome, Simms commentary registered this time. I didn't realize he was such a Patriots fan.

JABEE

Gata, after one day, how does your new avatar feel? Does it feel right? Are you thinking about returning to who you really are? A Jaguars fan.

jakncoke

Banned

I would love Robinson but looks like he'll be out of Steelers range.

squicken

I think Robinsons stock is only going to increase as the combine and process goes one, I think people are worried about his pass blocking skills though because of auburns offense.

I think unless he is just a spaz in drills at the combine he will still go high. RBH's penis will regrow if he is still there at 6

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Packers draft needs:

2) S
3) LB
4) DT
5) DL
6) OL
7) CB

So I'm saying I would be a-ok with trading up a few spots for Mosley or Nix... but more ok with stockpiling 2nd/3rd rounders and going to town

In a way, Romo screwed us over by letting us get a good enough record to bring back Rodgers and make the playoffs.

Packers really need a "rebuild and retool" off-season before Rodgers gets too old...I mean, look at that list of needs. We need a whole team.

edit: Heck, we could make an argument for more receivers and tight ends as well. Only thing I feel good about are the running backs and the quarterback.

In a way, Romo screwed us over by letting us get a good enough record to bring back Rodgers and make the playoffs.

Packers really need a "rebuild and retool" off-season before Rodgers gets too old...I mean, look at that list of needs. We need a whole team.
That was last offseason.

I actually think we could be back in the game as soon as next year, but the injury thing has to get sorted out. It's fine to say it's luck, and obviously some percentage of the injuries are. But when you're running up record injury totals seemingly every year, somebody is fucking up. You only get 3 "first day" draft picks each year, hard to absorb 20 guys on IR and come out with a great team on the other side.

Eleuin

Packers draft needs:

2) S
3) LB
4) DT
5) DL
6) OL
7) CB

I laughed, feels bad man..

TE is so low on the priority that I bet TT will grab amaro or ebron if they get here :\

Packers draft needs:

2) S
3) LB
4) DT
5) DL
6) OL
7) CB
They need to hire that Stanford dude for S&C.

I disagree with Safety. They have Hyde and Richardson and possibly the FA market. A good pass rush covers up deficiencies in the secondary. DT/DL are the biggest need and ironically enough the hardest position to find to make an immediate impact.

squicken

edit: Heck, we could make an argument for more receivers and tight ends as well. Only thing I feel good about are the running backs and the quarterback.

It is glib, but for GB, they just need dudes that can tackle. Their coverage actually seems pretty good, and I never really felt they just got blown off the ball in the games I saw them, except for SF. And that happens to a lot of teams

But in lots of games it seems the tackling was bad. Bad angles and just not bringing guys down even after contact

Spinluck

JFF future!

Romeo Crennel is now in the division, Texans already won.

EDIT: Also good luck in the bowl mang. I like Sherm, Wuss, Pete, and Lynch. But I cannot root against my boy Pehton.

Oh, man, that was an amazing line. I re-watched the game late last night, and since I wasn't worried about the outcome, Simms commentary registered this time. I didn't realize he was such a Patriots fan.

Simms was awful. He probably rooted for the Pats in both SBs against the Giants.

You need Rb help.....

Then give us our pick back.

They need to hire that Stanford dude for S&C.

I disagree with Safety. They have Hyde and Richardson and possibly the FA market. A good pass rush covers up deficiencies in the secondary. DT/DL are the biggest need and ironically enough the hardest position to find to make an immediate impact.
If Hyde can play safety, that could solve that problem.

Not sure why I should be impressed with Richardson. I guess because he's big? Otherwise he's just as awful as MD Jennings.

It is glib, but for GB, they just need dudes that can tackle. Their coverage actually seems pretty good, and I never really felt they just got blown off the ball in the games I saw them, except for SF. And that happens to a lot of teams

But in lots of games it seems the tackling was bad. Bad angles and just not bringing guys down even after contact
Yeah, but that's why I say the S and (in particular) ILB spots. Bad players take bad angles.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
That was last offseason.

I actually think we could be back in the game as soon as next year, but the injury thing has to get sorted out. It's fine to say it's luck, and obviously some percentage of the injuries are. But when you're running up record injury totals seemingly every year, somebody is fucking up.

I really hope it's not just a case of the players not staying in shape during the off-season.

Something needs to change yesterday.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I blame Tramon Williams.

Dude has a pro bowl season and every season afterwards it's like he doesn't want to break a nail.

MechDX

Romeo Crennel is now in the division, Texans already won.

EDIT: Also good luck in the bowl mang. I like Sherm, Wuss, Pete, and Lynch. But I cannot root against my boy Pehton.

Simms was awful. He probably rooted for the Pats in both SBs against the Giants.

Then give us our pick back.

You damn right son. And that pick will be ours. Thanks!

I really hope it's not just a case of the players not staying in shape during the off-season.

Something needs to change yesterday.
The Stanford S&C article (New York Times I think) that Bucket's alluding to was really eye-opening, especially considering how healthy SF has been able to stay under Harbaugh.

Don't talk shit about Tramon. He headbutted Kaeperbitch and played well the 2nd half of the season.

If Hyde can play safety, that could solve that problem.

Not sure why I should be impressed with Richardson. I guess because he's big? Otherwise he's just as awful as MD Jennings.
If they bring back Shields (which I hope), CB is stacked.

Hyde would be converted out of necessity. You need him on the field and his flaws are immediately lessened by the move to Safety.

Richardson is small but he isn't the worst in cover and he will hit dudes.

Thought Tramon rediscovered his balls when Capers made him play inside during the middle part of the season. It was like he realized that yes, tackling kinda hurts, but it is part of the job description.
If they bring back Shields (which I hope), CB is stacked.

Hyde would be converted out of necessity. You need him on the field and his flaws are immediately lessened by the move to Safety.

Richardson is small but he isn't the worst cover and he will hit dudes.
Richardson is 6'2, which is excellent, and he can cover ground and hit dudes, which is also excellent. So that's already +2 over the other clowns we have. But he's also out of position half the time, which means it's pointless

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Don't talk shit about Tramon. He headbutted Kaeperbitch and played well the 2nd half of the season.

Thought Tramon rediscovered his balls when Capers made him play inside during the middle part of the season. It was like he realized that yes, tackling kinda hurts, but it is part of the job description.

No you guys are right....I just hate the Packers so much that I forget to remember that we can improve in some areas. Most days I'm lost and confused because we have a running game!

Richardson is 6'2, which is excellent, and he can cover ground and hit dudes, which is also excellent. So that's already +2 over the other clowns we have. But he's also out of position half the time, which means it's pointless
Give him experience and he will grow.

He's a real football player. Not in the Brad Jones "hide in the bushes behind your defensive coordinator's house and tape him trying on women's dresses to exhort him into playing you" sense of the phrase but in the traditional "hits hard, does his best, good athlete" sense.

bionic77

Packers draft needs:

2) S
3) LB
4) DT
5) DL
6) OL
7) CB

Steelers needs

1. Head Coach
2. OLB
3. ILB
4. DT
5. Free safety
6. 2 corners
7. Nose tackle
8. Depth on OL
9. RZ receiver
10. Tight end

That's it!

Nameless

the good thing is our core players are signed for the next couple of years.

BUT, we might lose a player or two...and the Cards and Rams are improving, fast. But thank god they still have Palmer and who ever the Rams get...I don't think they will be able to jell in time come playoff time...so more stressful games going late into next season.

I just want a new OC... I hate that we don't try to comfortably put teams away..we just try to be conservative till the very end...and when you do that, officiating mistakes and a player brain fart could be your undoing.

not that this approach would've worked against the Seahawks yesturday, but for some reason we came out in the same formations we've tried in previous games against them.....and trying to run from there, when it obviously doesn't work..sure you'll get one break out run maybe..but come on. If you watched the Cardinals vs Seahawks game. The Saints used what seemed like the exact same running formations and had much better success that what we've tried in the past.

now Roman looks bad again, and no NFL team will give him a job. I can only hope some college team comes into play.

Yeah I'm optimistic going forward. We're set in the trenches with our O-Line and Front Seven. Plus Culliver, Dial, Lattimore and Carradine coming off IR will hopefully be a boost in and of itself. The Baalke/Harbs team has done a great job drafting and we may end up with 5 picks in the first 3 rounds depending how the comp. picks shake out.

Our secondary needs work. I like Reid and I like Brock. Wouldn't mind Brown back for the right price, but Whitner has to go. I'd also like to add some more depth on the o-line. And I hate to say it, since he's one of my all time favs, but it might be time to move away from Gore as our feature back. Look at the talent of our blockers and just imagine what they could accomplish with a talented tailback in his prime.

On Roman, I'm conflicted. You can't deny his success the last three years, and for Kaep's development the fewer changes the better. Hell, I actually think the biggest coaching blunder yesterday was Fangio playing lax prevent D on that 3rd and 22. That was 10x more boneheaded than anything Roman did . The main thing about Roman is he's just as likely to out think his self as he is the opposing team. I'd be fine if he leaves or returns.

But yeah, the NFC Best is on an up swing despite already being the top division in football. Gonna be a dog fight for sure.

Bread

Banned
damn gata a whole year? what were you thinking when you made that bet.

did you make the bet before or after aaron was framed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom