• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Tammy you should be afraid of my friend. :'(
If you're talking about Belichick well there's nothing that can stop his dark magic. Even the almighty powers of Tim Tebow couldn't stop him.

Now if we're talking about Peyton then... well...

Oh god....

Really I'm just scared about our secondary.

Slo

I just downloaded the Charter mobile app on my kid's personal tablet so he could watch sports anywhere in the house. He's annoyed that he can't fast forward commercials.

Fucking brat.

More often then not, the mediocre team doesn't win the Superbowl. Last year and a couple of Giants teams don't buck the trend of better than mediocre teams winning the SB. Plus, you could argue that those teams had elite play from their QBs in the postseason.

A stout defense can carry you far, as in the case of the Jets, with good play from the QB. I don't think it will turnout many champions though. I'm saying this as I think Rex did a good job given the circumstances this year.

The Ravens have won two Super Bowls with two different mediocre QBs!

Although last year their QB got hot in the playoffs so that helped.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sorry BG, I don't think Gase is leaving. Still a chance but looking less likely.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/18/report-adam-gase-inclined-to-stay-with-broncos/

Sure. Source was his agent though, not 100% confirmed that he's staying but where there is smoke...

It's too bad really, they do have a solid core of players. Basically in the same spot the Texans were in. I wonder if the Browns aren't ponying up the money like the Texans did, or if they aren't giving the level of control they gave to O'Brien. They'll find somebody though. I hope it's someone good.

It's not like we don't have a head coach right now because people are turning down the job. We're just waiting to interview all the candidates they want. This is a big hire, the coach we get will lead the way with the Qb we draft this year. Mech and the media make it sound like people are turning Down the job left and right and it's just a dysfunctional mess, but that's just not the case.

We'll wait. They don't mind waiting a couple weeks, no need to change course now in the search.

I was reading through and just kept adding quotes as I went along.

Basically as BG said, I grain of salt it right now because it's Mary Kay being the only one claiming this. She is not right a lot of times.

And as he says as well, it's a big hire after letting Chud go after one year, they're not rushing into it but sure as a non fan of the Browns it's fun to believe nobody wants the job. It's not like this is the first time this season everyone has made an assumption of what's going on in Cleveland and been completely wrong.

Trading Trent Truck was us tanking the season everyone said. Joe Thomas/Joe Haden/Josh Gordon were all supposed to be traded soon afterwards as well yet they all appear to still be here. /shrugs

Godslay

Banned
The Ravens have won two Super Bowls with two different mediocre QBs!

Although last year their QB got hot in the playoffs so that helped.

Yeah, that's why I said they (Eli & Flacco) played at elite levels when they won. I wasn't referring to the first Raven championship. When the Ravens won the first time, they were a historically dominate defense. I don't think you will see a team like that again.

Eleuin

I just downloaded the Charter mobile app on my kid's personal tablet so he could watch sports anywhere in the house. He's annoyed that he can't fast forward commercials.

Fucking brat.
you messed up giving him a tablet in the first place!

rokkerkory

My body is so ready for the SB... I want Peyton to win it all. He deserves it and it'll stop all the nonsense talk of omg he only won 1 SB!!!11

RBH

Fucking brat.

You should've given him a VikeBike instead of a tablet.

MechDX

I was reading through and just kept adding quotes as I went along.

Basically as BG said, I grain of salt it right now because it's Mary Kay being the only one claiming this. She is not right a lot of times.

And as he says as well, it's a big hire after letting Chud go after one year, they're not rushing into it but sure as a non fan of the Browns it's fun to believe nobody wants the job. It's not like this is the first time this season everyone has made an assumption of what's going on in Cleveland and been completely wrong.

Trading Trent Truck was us tanking the season everyone said. Joe Thomas/Joe Haden/Josh Gordon were all supposed to be traded soon afterwards as well yet they all appear to still be here. /shrugs

Scratches kaves ears...good cat.

njean777

Fucking brat.

TBH I get annoyed to about commercials as well. I am so use to just renting tv shows or using amazon that I have stopped watching live TV altogether. The only thing I watch is football and the commercials are really annoying and just bother me to no end. Especially when they do the stupid kickoff and then go to commercial right after, shit is annoying. Luckily I just go to gaf during commercials or I would just DVR the game and then fast forward through them all.

Oh and lets go pats and 49ers. Fuck the hawks and Broncos.

Probably has something to do with it. Same with Ben but doesn't excuse the crime.
Agreed.

Though I am not sure about Ben. There is a chance he is just a bad human being!

Fucking brat.
Your son is a smart young man. Commercials are the #1 reason I stopped paying for cable/satellite TV. (#2 is that netflix now exists.)

MechDX

NFL defenses this season not including playoffs....look at the Texans all out there on their lonesome with a shitty Red Zone D

bbQdOfw.jpg

Slo

TBH I get annoyed to about commercials as well. I am so use to just renting tv shows or using amazon that I have stopped watching live TV altogether. The only thing I watch is football and the commercials are really annoying and just bother me to no end. Especially when they do the stupid kickoff and then go to commercial right after, shit is annoying. Luckily I just go to gaf during commercials or I would just DVR the game and then fast forward through them all.

Oh and lets go pats and 49ers. Fuck the hawks and Broncos.

Your son is a smart young man. Commercials are the #1 reason I stopped paying for cable/satellite TV. (#2 is that netflix now exists.)

I just gave him the ability to watch TV while taking a shit. That's an ability that he didn't have before. And he spit in my face. RIGHT IN MY FUCKING FACE!

squicken

T
Giants value DE, CB, and WR a lot in the draft, but at the same time their picks at LB and OL (except Beatty and Pugh) weren't any good.

Yeah shouldn't have just said first round on the WRs. "High round picks" would be more accurate I guess. As far as RBs I guess I was remembering Tiki and Wilson as guys taken in rounds 1/2

squicken

Seems like BG's boy Jimmy G is tearing up the Shrine game. He's at the Senior Bowl next week, which should provide better context with Carr and Fales there too

Norv and Zimmer. Gotta get the QB but it could be the end to the Packers auto-win in the NFCN
tbh, as long as the regular season rules are biased so heavily in favor of offenses, the Packers will be fine. Rodgers can consistently carry us >= 10-6. The defense needs to get better, but only in the context of the playoffs where football starts to look more like football.

Although it would suck if Minny was consistently good. Hopefully they screw it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom