• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Over the past week, there have only been two types of NFL coaching news: teams announcing their new coaches, and coaches announcing that they no longer wish to be considered for the Browns coaching job.

Good stuff on the coaching hire season

What could possibly be wrong with the Browns job? It’s not like everyone who has a closed-door meeting with Jimmy Haslam is immediately subpoenaed. Yet. Joe Banner and Michael Lombardi may go all Fight Club in the parking garage over every decision, but there are worse fates than dealing with a roster assembled by uneasy détente between a salary cap expert and an ex-television guy. Probably. And it’s not like the last head coach was saddled with a terrible starting quarterback, ordered to switch to an executive’s preferred starting quarterback, saw that second starter get injured, lost his terrible starting running back in a futures trade, got summarily fired after one year in a combination power struggle/impatience tantrum, is currently out of work and not getting quality offers, and may be letting any applicant who bothers to call him exactly what goes on in Cleveland headquarters.

Oh wait, yes. That may be the problem.

Fantomex

But dude, Hartline is so dreamy.

hartline.jpg

Dang son, my kitchen looks better than that!

MechDX

You left out the best part:

It’s like a game of musical chairs, except that the Browns are the chair that little Tommy threw up on after eating too many sweets before winter break, and all the other kindergartners remember.

JCizzle

I love Frank Gore. He just says the same shit in like every interview. I'm fairly sure the niners have to pay someone just to coach him on what to say. VD is the same way it's hilarious when VD tries to wax poetic about putting the team first and preparation. He's been saying the same thing for like the last 3 years. I actually respect Cam Newton because he can actually deliver in an interview with some nonsense (but funny) analogies.

It's hilarious but go back to Frank Gore as a high schooler on you tube. I'm fairly sure he played at Miami and was maybe illiterate like Fantasia.

Re: Frank, I believe he has a learning disability of some sort.

People think Richard Sherman is a douchebag? How? He's clearly an asshole, but that's different. Now Kaepernick, that dude's a douchebag.

I love Sherman and think he's favorite active player after ever Raven (except Flacco)

I love when I read stuff like, "the Dolphins will have big holes at LT/RT because McKinnie and Clabo are both free agents." No, the Dolphins will have big holes at LT/RT because McKinnie and Clabo suck. I wouldn't care if they were in year two of a ten year contract, they've got to go!

I love when I read stuff like, "the Dolphins will have big holes at LT/RT because McKinnie and Clabo are both free agents." No, the Dolphins will have big holes at LT/RT because McKinnie and Clabo suck. I wouldn't care if they were in year two of a ten year contract, they've got to go!

As far as I'm concerned Miami only has a center and need to acquire guards and tackles, there is no reason we should have left overs from this season, start nothing but rookies and Pouncey next year for all I care. Also fuck Jim Turner and his continued employment.

see5harp

Re: Frank, I believe he has a learning disability of some sort.

Yea I would consider not being able to read a disability.

EDIT: this is a joke. I went to 2 games this season and love the niners even though one of the games was the Colts blowout.

MechDX

As far as I'm concerned Miami only has a center and need to acquire guards and tackles, there is no reason we should have left overs from this season, start nothing but rookies and Pouncey next year for all I care. Also fuck Jim Turner and his continued employment.

You guys are angry.

jakncoke

Banned
Now that i re-read my statement, I think thats a poor use of the word progression, Because you people went quite the opposite way.

bionic77

People think Richard Sherman is a douchebag? How? He's clearly an asshole, but that's different. Now Kaepernick, that dude's a douchebag.

I love Sherman and think he's favorite active player after ever Raven (except Flacco)
When Sherman bitchslapped Tom Brady I became a fan for life.

I really don't care who wins between the two NFC teams. I just want a good game.

Broncos all the way in the AFC though.

I really don't care who wins between the two NFC teams. I just want a good game.

I feel the same way about Sherman. This is my personal buttfumble gif, the GOAT football image of the last decade, easy.

11707427-mmmain.jpg

Also, when he smacked Harbaugh on the butt after they won in Seattle.....so good.

Dragon

Banned

Hey guys bionic stated for the 80th time since Sunday that he wants to Broncos to beat the Pats. How many before kickoff do you think?

I feel the same way about Sherman. This is my personal buttfumble gif, the GOAT football image of the last decade, easy.

11707427-mmmain.jpg

A decade in which Joe Flacco channeled his inner Joe Montana and won a SB and you're posting a regular season game between teams that aren't the Ravens. :blarry

MechDX

You people are assholes for hating the Patriots for no real apparent reason. respect what they have done and appreciate the greatness!

jakncoke

Banned
Interesting stat, teams that Brian Schottenheimer was OC for only 1 offense finished in the top 15 in offense, the 2010 Jets. Could call it lack of talent or just perhaps him. Idk enough about him to make that judgement. All i know is that jets-age says he will slant you death on offense and kill drives

bionic77

11707427-mmmain.jpg

Also, when he smacked Harbaugh on the butt after they won in Seattle.....so good.
If you weren't a Ravens fan we could have been best bros man. We seem to agree on everything else!

You people are assholes for hating the Patriots for no real apparent reason. respect what they have done and appreciate the greatness!
Texans fans the next time things go horribly wrong now you know who is to blame!

Dragon to you and all other Pats out there, known and unknown, may you all choke on a extra large bag of dicks.

ShaneB

This stat perfectly sums up how different these 2 games could be this weekend.

"Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick combined for 1,063 rushing yards this season. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning combined for -13 rushing yards this season."

As well as..

"The 49ers led the NFL, rushing on 52.5 percent of their plays, while the Seahawks were right behind at 52.3 percent."

squicken

Interesting stat, teams that Brian Schottenheimer was OC for only 1 offense finished in the top 15 in offense, the 2010 Jets. Could call it lack of talent or just perhaps him. Idk enough about him to make that judgement. All i know is that jets-age says he will slant you death on offense and kill drives

You be respectful when talking about future Vanderbilt head coach Brian Schottenheimer!

Also, the local paper had something that said the offense was better than their 30th overall ranking would indicate. STL is just really one of the lamest media places in the country.

"Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick combined for 1,063 rushing yards this season. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning combined for -13 rushing yards this season."

As well as..

"The 49ers led the NFL, rushing on 52.5 percent of their plays, while the Seahawks were right behind at 52.3 percent."

Manning does have a rushing TD though, he's finally going to let loose and run it all over the pats.

As well as..

I think we know the winner of the NFC Championship is going to win the superbowl. Broncos and pats are too soft to handle these great defenses.

See his interview with Bayless. It takes a giant doucher to make Bayless seem like a non doucher but dick Sherman did it. I don't have a problem with him but he is a giant douche. Then again so are you blarry and you're still my boy!

jakncoke

Banned
Peyton own 21 papa johns why wouldnt he want to use his marketing skills and clearly they worked.

Before Peyton purchased the locations, several restaurants reported sales of $3,000-$4,000 on any given game day -- and that number has jumped up to roughly $5,000-$6,000/day ... which equals about 60 pizzas an hour.

One location reported a 25% increase in total sales since last year.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/16/peyton-manning-papa-johns-franchises

As a man that worked in the pizza business, I can confirm 5k-6k dollars in sales in a day is a fuck ton.

bionic77

Nothing is certain in this league, brother!!
That is the truth but this year appears to be an anomaly in that the strong regular season teams appear to be taking care of business in the playoffs.

Who the fuck knows though. I would still favor the shittier team in the SB based on recent history but nothing lasts forever and the higher seeds might start winning again and this might be the year it happens.

Crisco

Banned
Peyton name dropping Bud Light during his post-game presser was fucking hilarious. I have no problem with his work as a pitchman, he doesn't take himself seriously at all. Of course neither does anyone who values winning in the playoffs.

cdyhybrid

Grantland dropping truth bombs on squicken and Co.

You can hate Richard Sherman, you can hate the 12th Man and the stupid noise meter that shows up on every Seahawks broadcast, you can say they’re all on PEDs, and you can say they get away with more pass interference than anyone in football.

If you’ve rooted against the Seahawks the past two years, chances are you’ve made all these arguments. But nobody can really argue with what’s happened on the field.

And as dominant as the Seahawks have been, we’ve never taken the time to explain exactly how outrageous this defense really is. So I spent Wednesday afternoon getting lost in a YouTube wormhole of Seahawks interviews and highlight videos from this year. To help get you ready for this weekend, and to explain why anyone complaining about this defense is missing the point. There’s nothing from the NFL this year that’s been more awesome than the defense in Seattle.

Let’s explain.

squicken

How does an article that says SEA are VERY effective cheaters prove me wrong?

That is the truth but this year appears to be an anomaly in that the strong regular season teams appear to be taking care of business in the playoffs.

Who the fuck knows though. I would still favor the shittier team in the SB based on recent history but nothing lasts forever and the higher seeds might start winning again and this might be the year it happens.

lol your theory is dead. These are the 4 teams with the best preseason odds of winning the SB. San Fran was the wild card but were the favorite vs CAR. These are the best teams in each conference. For the first time in a long time we will have a deserving SB champ

lol your theory is dead. These are the 4 teams with the best preseason odds of winning the SB. San Fran was the wild card but were the favorite vs CAR. These are the best teams in each conference. For the first time in a long time we will have a deserving SB champ
Oh come on.

You be respectful when talking about future Vanderbilt head coach Brian Schottenheimer!

Also, the local paper had something that said the offense was better than their 30th overall ranking would indicate. STL is just really one of the lamest media places in the country.

Highest scoring rams team in 7 years. Progress!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I don't even get what the hell people mean when they say this shit.

How does a team not deserve to be SB champ? I think the only justification in saying a team isn't a real SB champ is if they're a bunch of cheaters.

Article makes no sense. It's like if I know a douchbag guy who says hey fmt I've banged like 30 chicks this month and I say wow that's a lot how'd you do it? And he says well I used roofies on them or got them drunk and took advantage. Then I say Uhhh that's kind of illegal and a dirtbag thing to do and he says be that as it may you can't deny I've banged 30 chicks this month!

jakncoke

Banned
I don't even get what the hell people mean when they say this shit.

How does a team not deserve to be SB champ? I think the only justification in saying a team isn't a real SB champ is if they're a bunch of cheaters.

The same shit people say when a #1 seed doesnt win March Madness, Its almost as if people dont want a playoffs and just want to crown the regular season champ. Hell lets go a step further, why even play a regular season. Lets crown who we think is best on paper. We'll save thousands of people from cte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom