• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Dragon

Banned
BAL @ DEN | GB @ SF | SEA @ ATL | HOU @ NE

There is an overwhelming chance that the Texans will lose..but if there's one thing that's been shown in sports over the past few years..when literally EVERYBODY says that you have no chance..grown men tend to respond. It's debateable if Kubiak is a man, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

24-23 Texans EAD America

350sw20sw8swsw.gif

tmdorsey

I'm interested to see how the officials call the game early. Browner and Sherman do more than hand fight as Packers fans can attest. At the same time, Juilo and especially Roddy like to be physical at the top of their routes. Our receivers and their corners are tailor-made for each other.

Frankly, I'm concerned about Mike Smith trying to prove a point with Turner with Clemons likely being out.

Me too. I'm worried that we are going to be on the wrong end of a couple of personal foul calls, cause if Browner tries that shit he did with Garcon with Julio or Roddy it's going to be end badly for somebody.

I'm not too concern with Smith. He knows there's small margin for error with this game. I think the plan is going to be do whatever it takes to get the win.

Talon

Me too. I'm worried that we are going to be on the wrong end of a couple of personal foul calls, cause if Browner tries that shit he did with Garcon with Julio or Roddy it's going to be end badly for somebody.

I'm not too concern with Smith. He knows there's small margin for error with this game. I think the plan is going to be do whatever it takes to get the win.
Between Roddy and Trollin' Sherman, there will be a Personal Foul. Julio is secretly 40-years-old and wouldn't pick a fight with anyone.

Greg

That's really the most surprising thing to me. The past two years he has "chipped" ends by brushing them and leaking out. The second half of this year he has been demolishing guys at the line before getting into his route. It's pretty incredible to see the turnaround. I guess Rodgers really is taking him out to dinner more! That plus always making a huge point to mention Finley in his radio show. Rodgers know what a little kid Finley is and has been stroking his ego. It's working!
#YOTTO

Yea the Hawks guys were giving our receivers shit. I'm pretty fucking sure that one of them injured Garcon also. Will be interesting to see how Julio and Roddy respond.

Having a good tight end is going to help LOADS though.

squicken

There is an overwhelming chance that the Texans will lose..but if there's one thing that's been shown in sports over the past few years..when literally EVERYBODY says that you have no chance..grown men tend to respond. It's debateable if Kubiak is a man, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. The Patriots do not have a better front 4 or overall defense than the Bengals. Schaub was not sacked once yesterday. If they get the same type of effort and by some miracle can score in the redzone they have a shot.

24-23 Texans EAD America

Sadly Schoob is not a man. All week everyone said he was a wussy, and he still played like one on Saturday

I can almost swear that I saw a slant in the last few weeks.

It was amazing.

I'm interested to see who gets work in the slot.

I'd go Jennings since Cobb looked a step slower last week and you could use Cobb in other ways. (Bubble screeeeeeeeeeenz).

eznark

Banned
Interesting opening lines in the NFC. Falcons only giving 2 and Frisco only giving 3. Essentially pushes. I hope the games live up to Vegas' expectations!

tmdorsey

Between Roddy and Trollin' Sherman, there will be a Personal Foul. Julio is secretly 40-years-old and wouldn't pick a fight with anyone.

I'm not so sure about Julio. I've seen instances where he's gotten pretty physical after making some of those tough catches.

Our squad set the NFL record this year for least penalized team ever.
Our guys are well-disciplined and well-coached, and as someone said earlier, this is essentially the Super Bowl for us. I would hope that they won't do anything stupid like that.

Also, didn't Julio, as a rookie, school Browner the last time we played them?

eznark

Banned
I'm not so sure about Julio. I've seen instances where he's gotten pretty physical after making some of those tough catches.

Against midget corner that the rest of the league employs. These guys are different. They shut down the wide out that squicken says is the best in the game.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I did love the play where Kuhn came onto the field and the whole stadium yelled his name before the play, then of course it's a handoff to Kuhn who gets tackled for a loss and we settle for a field goal.

Way to give the play away Green Bay fans!

I think the key for Houston will be controlling the tempo early and avoiding getting in a quick hole. Once NE gets out on you 14-0 or so it's extremely difficult to come back on them but if you can keep things close throughout the first quarter and a half or so and minimize the amount of time Brady is on the field you'll probably have a good shot to win it down the stretch. The nightmare scenario I envision for Houston is being down 14-0 early and forcing Schaub to take the game over. Foster has to have a big game for Houston to win and the only way that's going to happen is if they keep it close early.

Other than that it's going to come down to Houston's pass rush. They were nonexistent the first time these teams met and if that stays the same I don't think they have a chance.

Houston definitely has a shot, though. I look at the two games the Dolphins played against the Pats as evidence, the first game was 17-10 at the half and the Dolphins lost by 7 while the second was 21-0 at the half and the Dolphins lost 28-0. If the Dolphins can stay competitive with the Pats thanks to keeping it close early then surely the Texans can.

The whole "get pressure on Brady" thing is obvious and overplayed but it's also true. The Dolphins sacked him 4 times in their 7 point loss and only once in the 28-0 stomping.

Miguel

There is an overwhelming chance that the Texans will lose..but if there's one thing that's been shown in sports over the past few years..when literally EVERYBODY says that you have no chance..grown men tend to respond. It's debateable if Kubiak is a man, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. The Patriots do not have a better front 4 or overall defense than the Bengals. Schaub was not sacked once yesterday. If they get the same type of effort and by some miracle can score in the redzone they have a shot.

24-23 Texans EAD America
Wow, that's exactly the score prediction I was going to post.

Greg

I did love the play where Kuhn came onto the field and the whole stadium yelled his name before the play, then of course it's a handoff to Kuhn who gets tackled for a loss and we settle for a field goal.

Way to give the play away Green Bay fans!
And then Mike had that look on his face like it was a great call gone bad instead of a call involving Kuhn running the ball.

bionic77

Alex Smith played amazing in that game. I personally doubt that Kaepernick can do the same but maybe he can. Gore isn't fresh. Packers aren't looking forward to the more important divisional game against the Bears.

I don't know, game was in September. It's ages ago. These are very different teams. The Packers have a totally different offensive line. 49ers have a new QB.

End of the day though Rodgers got outplayed by Alex Smith. I don't see Kaepernick doing the same.

If Cheather Smith is out, Cheater Smith Jr. will be useless.
Your defense sucked balls enough to let Alex Smith play amazing. Kap can't do the dink and dunk stuff so your defense will have to stop the long ball to win this one. Your defense shutdown Mr. Webb but it remains to be seen how they will do against Kap.

And Harbs has shown us for 2 years now that he is a total dirtbag and a great coach. He is going to have his team and qb ready and they will be able to create stuff on offense, at least initially, through scheme.

I mean in the first game your team got pushed around. With the Niners having the bye I can see the same thing happening again. The Niners don't really put teams away so it should feel close, but when they are on they can make a 13 point lead feel like 30.

Against midget corner that the rest of the league employs. These guys are different. They shut down the wide out that squicken says is the best in the game.

I'm interested to see if teams start leaning towards drafting big corners. A skilled 5'10 guy is great and all, but it seems like guys flourish on scheme more than personal talent. Quarterbacks having nothing to lose by throwing balls high to a covered receiver just seems like too much of an advantage.

bionic77

I think the key for Houston will be controlling the tempo early and avoiding getting in a quick hole. Once NE gets out on you 14-0 or so it's extremely difficult to come back on them but if you can keep things close throughout the first quarter and a half or so and minimize the amount of time Brady is on the field you'll probably have a good shot to win it down the stretch. The nightmare scenario I envision for Houston is being down 14-0 early and forcing Schaub to take the game over. Foster has to have a big game for Houston to win and the only way that's going to happen is if they keep it close early.

Other than that it's going to come down to Houston's pass rush. They were nonexistent the first time these teams met and if that stays the same I don't think they have a chance.

Houston definitely has a shot, though. I look at the two games the Dolphins played against the Pats as evidence, the first game was 17-10 at the half and the Dolphins lost by 7 while the second was 21-0 at the half and the Dolphins lost 28-0. If the Dolphins can stay competitive with the Pats thanks to keeping it close early then surely the Texans can.

The whole "get pressure on Brady" thing is obvious and overplayed but it's also true. The Dolphins sacked him 4 times in their 7 point loss and only once in the 28-0 stomping.
Pressure on anyone works. The key on Brady is to dare him to beat you deep (hint he won't), and press and jam the fuck out of his receivers. Easier than it sounds, because they are crafty and used to it and if you whiff you are going to give up a big play. You still need some pressure, but the main thing is to take away his initial read. He likes to get the ball out quick and if you can take away the initial read and get some hits on him he will crumble.

On offense the Texans have to be super aggressive. That team is full of pussies and their coach is a retard so I don't see any of this happening.

Texans are going to get curb stomped.

Talon

I'm interested to see if teams start leaning towards drafting big corners. A skilled 5'10 guy is great and all, but it seems like guys flourish on scheme more than personal talent. Quarterbacks having nothing to lose by throwing balls high to a covered receiver just seems like too much of an advantage.
Big corners are more old school than anything - Mel Blount in his era, or even the Troy Vincent and [I totally forgot his name] duo in Philly in the late 90s, early 00s.

Teams have been talking about big corners for years but guys like Jimmy Williams show that it's rare to get guys that big that are able to run laterally.

Flacco is shit on the road.

Peyton owns us, and is 72-0 against us for his career.

But I still think we can win. Why? Because it IS possible. Unlikely, but possible. So who wants to avatar bet through the Superbowl? Godslay?

Ray's Last Dance (as they're marketing it in Baltimore) will go on.

Greg

Your defense sucked balls enough to let Alex Smith play amazing. Kap can't do the dink and dunk stuff so your defense will have to stop the long ball to win this one. Your defense shutdown Mr. Webb but it remains to be seen how they will do against Kap.

And Harbs has shown us for 2 years now that he is a total dirtbag and a great coach. He is going to have his team and qb ready and they will be able to create stuff on offense, at least initially, through scheme.

I mean in the first game your team got pushed around. With the Niners having the bye I can see the same thing happening again. The Niners don't really put teams away so it should feel close, but when they are on they can make a 13 point lead feel like 30.
I don't think there's much to take away from that first game - and that goes for both teams.

I'd love to see the Texans pull it off, but realistically, I don't see it. The problem is coaching....I don't see Kubes out witting Satan. Beating a playoff also-ran like Marvin Lewis is one thing, but going into the pit of hell to face the dark lord himself is something else entirely.

Do you guys really have a run game?

I said it before, but the Viking were playing high to keep Rodgers from getting deep on them and as a result gave up the runs and short routes. Niners corners are much better than the Vikings. They won't have to sell out as much to shut the Pack down.

If nothing else the Packers are running the ball more. They had 9 attempts in week 1!

Yes. They have a run game in the sense that it's a concerted part of their plan now. If youre playing against a Cover 2 you should be able to have decent success running so that at least on certain downs the D is considering it. Of course not a single team will try to gameplan to stop anything but Rodgers . But our team is much more balanced any way you slice it, even if you dont consider them a good running team

bionic77

I'd love to see the Texans pull it off, but realistically, I don't see it. The problem is coaching....I don't see Kubes out witting Satan. Beating a playoff also-ran like Marvin Lewis is one thing, but going into the pit of hell to face the dark lord himself is something else entirely.
Texans problem is total lack of testicles from coaches and qb.

Don't see that being fixed by this weekend.

Pressure on anyone works. The key on Brady is to dare him to beat you deep (hint he won't), and press and jam the fuck out of his receivers. Easier than it sounds, because they are crafty and used to it and if you whiff you are going to give up a big play. You still need some pressure, but the main thing is to take away his initial read. He likes to get the ball out quick and if you can take away the initial read and get some hits on him he will crumble.

On offense the Texans have to be super aggressive. That team is full of pussies and their coach is a retard so I don't see any of this happening.

Texans are going to get curb stomped.
I agree with everything you said about the key to stopping Brady but I don't think the Texans have to be super aggressive to win. If their coverage is good enough to press and jam his receivers (most importantly in the middle of the field with Gronk and Welker I'd say) and they keep the Pats from scoring a lot early they should be able to mix it up on offense with a lot of Foster and short passing routes plus the occasional PA deep route.

If the Texans get in a situation where they have to be super aggressive they have already lost. Will their defense be good enough to keep this from happening? Who knows. It's not likely, especially based on the last time the teams met, but it's possible. Even in the best of cases they'll need some help though, like Welker dropping a few key third down passes or something.

eznark

Banned
Yes. They have a run game in the sense that it's a concerted part of their plan now. If youre playing against a Cover 2 you should be able to have decent success running so that at least on certain downs the D is considering it. Of course not a single team will try to gameplan to stop anything but Rodgers . But our team is much more balanced any way you slice it, even if you dont consider them a good running team

I was pretty amazed to see DaJuan Harris so involved in the passing game. That could be massive and tells me the kid is making huge strides learning protections and adjustments. That's a great thing. His running is icing.

xnipx

Flacco is shit on the road.

Peyton owns us, and is 72-0 against us for his career.

But I still think we can win. Why? Because it IS possible. Unlikely, but possible. So who wants to avatar bet through the Superbowl? Godslay?

Ray's Last Dance (as they're marketing it in Baltimore) will go on.

Why do people keep saying this? Flacco is great on the road in the playoffs he hasn't lost us any of those games the past 5 years.

I was pretty amazed to see DaJuan Harris so involved in the passing game. That could be massive and tells me the kid is making huge strides learning protections and adjustments. That's a great thing. His running is icing.
I love his fatness.

He got pinballed a couple times the other night, held onto the ball, and kept running.

Oh yeaaaaahhhhh.

jmdajr

Matt isn't a man? Look at these moves!

i5WleUN8MBssx.gif

So serious Question.

who was better? 2010 Jets or 2012 Texans?

From what I saw 2010 Jets had higher ranked D, but lower ranked offense.

Jets Ranked 3rd D, 11th Offense.

Texans are 7th D, 7th Offense.

cajunator

Banned
Matt isn't a man? Look at these moves!

i5WleUN8MBssx.gif

So serious Question.

who was better? 2010 Jets or 2012 Texans?

From what I saw 2010 Jets had higher ranked D, but lower ranked offense.

Jets Ranked 3rd D, 11th Offense.

Texans are 7th D, 7th Offense.

:jnc Jets offense

Top Bottom