• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

KingKong

ponderarm.0_standard_500.0.png

That looks painful

maybe he's into some kinky shit in bed

TheFatOne

Matt isn't a man? Look at these moves!

i5WleUN8MBssx.gif

So serious Question.

who was better? 2010 Jets or 2012 Texans?

From what I saw 2010 Jets had higher ranked D, but lower ranked offense.

Jets Ranked 3rd D, 11th Offense.

Texans are 7th D, 7th Offense.

Jets simply because of the corners. Revis and Cromartie shut down the Pats receivers that game, but the game plan was great too.Coaching overall was better because of Rex. You can't really do the same thing anymore though because the Pats have a running game now. Jets basically dared the Pats to run on them, but the Pats refused. If HOU does the same thing they will get run on.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
more than likely. Saying he could miss the entire 2013-2014 season

Washington superstars -

Stephen Strasburg - Team is protective. Perhaps overly protective.
RG3 - Team doesn't give a fuck.

Interesting dichotomy. If I'm a 'Skins fan, I'm livid. As an NFL fan, I'm pissed.

jmdajr

I think we have a really good chance against Denver or Baltimore. Just have to get passed the pats first which I think we just might be able to do.

Texans have beat every AFC team in the playoffs or eliminated in the playoffs....
Except the Pats! Heck only the Ravens beat em. That's it.

Early news on RG3 is not good. Shannahan is going to address the media at 3PM but some unsubstantiated rumors are going around that his ACL, MCL, and PCL are all torn.:(

Bowser

Horrible day, our baby didn't pass the 1st trimester. Nature didnt fit for it to continue. It amazes me how fragile life is.

Damn man, sorry to hear that :( Hope both you and your wife make it through ok.

Early Reports are saying RG3 has an ACL/PCL tear.

Source?

Early news on RG3 is not good. Shannahan is going to address the media at 3PM but some unsubstantiated rumors are going around that his ACL, MCL, and PCL are all torn.:(

Same, where are you guys seeing this? Also, wasn't this the same ACL he tore in college? Sucks if true.

cdyhybrid

Tony G scares me. White and Jones might make a few plays here and there, but they won't torch us. Gonzales could. When we played the Cowboys earlier this year Witten could have had 200 yards but he couldn't actually catch the ball.

Other than that I'm pretty confident. Bruce Irvin stepping up would be huge. The first quarter of the Skins game was a microcosm of the negative aspects of our season: zero pass rush, bad play calling, giving up plays they shouldn't be. They probably won't be able to start like that again and win.

Washington superstars -

Stephen Strasburg - Team is protective. Perhaps overly protective.
RG3 - Team doesn't give a fuck.

Interesting dichotomy. If I'm a 'Skins fan, I'm livid. As an NFL fan, I'm pissed.

Yeah i was talking to my buddy from DC yesterday and he was livid. Every single person watching the game knew he needed to be taken out(especially considering that field - that shit would blow up perfectly healthy knees)

I could maybe see a case for keeping him in if its the NFCCG or something like that but not a wildcard game.

TheFatOne

If this is true Shannahan is going to get annihilated by the press, and rightly so. Guy is a fucking moron for letting RG3 continue to play.

This RGIII stuff is tragic. Deep down inside we all knew eznark's IRGIII name would end up being accurate but it still hurts to see it playing out before me eyes.

Shanny is not just irresponsible but strategically retarded letting RG3 play.

Also RG3 is completely delusional thinking he is the #1 best option given the injury. Doesn't bode well for the shape of his brain.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm glad Jay Cutler is a coward.

RG3's attitude was absolutely correct for a football player in this regard. A starting quarterback should have to be physically restrained on the sidelines from entering the game. If that USA Today article is true, then the coach (and to some extent the medical staff) is to blame for this one.

DBs seem harder to project. Has Eric Berry lived up to the hype? Thomas definitely has

Berry isn't yet the mythical being he was projected to be, but I think part of it has been how he's been used. His first year, he lined up in his normal SS position when in nickel/dime, and was great in run support, and between poor-average in pass coverage, but still made plays.

This past season, he seemingly played 80% of his snaps within 7-8 yards of the line of scrimmage, and early on, was absolute dogshit in coverage and hesistant in run support. I guess you could blame it on recovering from his ACL tear, but he looked more confused than anything. But around the midway point, he started coming around and started to return to form, including locking down Reggie Wayne a few weeks ago.

Basically, he hasn't quite lived up to the hype, but I can see him getting there.

TDK Rises

Could we expect another AP type comeback? I was at the game yesterday right at the 50 and he should NOT have been playing. Was gimping around on the sidelines, but continued to play. The crowd in my section were unanimously shouting expletives toward Kyle Shanahan/Mike. Kyle Shanahan looked toward the crowd and shook his head. Disgusted if this news is true.

TheFatOne

Didn't Andrews not clear RG3 to play? If that is true Shannahan should be fired. Just a really stupid mistake by Shannahan.
75% chance he throws Dr. James Andrews under the bus.

He has too because if Andrews is telling the truth he is fucked. NFL should really look into this.

RG3's attitude was absolutely correct for a football player in this regard. A starting quarterback should have to be physically restrained on the sidelines from entering the game. If that USA Today article is true, then the coach (and to some extent the medical staff) is to blame for this one.

Shanny has no balls. Wonder what the locker room opinion of the guy is now. How can you respect a guy that is too scared to protect the franchise QB? Guess everyone is disposable to him - WIN NOW!!!

tmdorsey

Yeah, of course RGIII was going to say he could play if he's wasn't injury. It was on Shanahan to make the decision to pull him, especially after the way he looked on the plays after he injured the knee. It's all on him IMO.

Didn't Andrews not clear RG3 to play? If that is true Shannahan should be fired. Just a really stupid mistake by Shannahan.

He has too because if Andrews is telling the truth he is fucked. NFL should really look into this.
So you're saying he's a candidate for the Browns coaching job?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So the Texans are using Shaugnessy article as motivation. Foster put it up as his twitter icon.

Good. It worked for the Stros and Rockets back in the day. About time they used something as motivation even if it was written by a complete tool and idiot, cause it seems Kubes words have fallen on deaf ears in that locker room for big games.

Of course Schaub was on the radio and said they don't pay attention to stuff like that, Kubes molded pussy QB leading the way.

beast786 said:
Horrible day, our baby didn't pass the 1st trimester. Nature didnt fit for it to continue. It amazes me how fragile life is.
Sorry to hear that man.:( My wife and I had an ectopic years ago when we were trying to have our first. Terrible feeling.

TheFrankman said:
WHERE ARE DA SAUCES??
francesagiffery.gif

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I know no one seems to care, but how are the Niners looking, not healthy?

I glad GB won, they are better match up against a strong throwing team. Do we have a hope? But if they do win they might have to play Seattle again? :(

Top Bottom