• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Could we expect another AP type comeback? I was at the game yesterday right at the 50 and he should NOT have been playing. Was gimping around on the sidelines, but continued to play. The crowd in my section were unanimously shouting expletives toward Kyle Shanahan/Mike. Kyle Shanahan looked toward the crowd and shook his head. Disgusted if this news is true.
Doubtful.

AD has always been built like a brick shithouse and RG3 has always been a gangly Buckwheat looking motherfucker.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Doubtful.

AD has always been built like a brick shithouse and RG3 has always been a gangly Buckwheat looking motherfucker.

Is more doubtful because of the circumstances. They sent their franchise out there with a weak knee and let him blow it out. They just can't risk it, pr wise if nothing else.

What are Pats fans gonna do when Brady retires and they go back to the doldrums?

Mallett will show us what a real elite QB looks like! Although in all seriousness, they might try and trade Cassell next year, don't think he will be with the team after his rookie deal. Brady probably has 2-3 years left and they draft a younger guy to replace him then. The real question is if Bill stays, but only the future will tell.

Easy ass schedule, and Belichick knew how to hide Cassels weaknesses. Pats still had a lot of talent on the team as well.

The defense was great that year, Moss was still in full 'fuck-everybody' mode and the schedule was fairly easy. Just had some bad luck that both the Dolphins and Jets had good Qbs that year otherwise we would have made the playoffs again and there you always have a chance.

cdyhybrid

I know no one seems to care, but how are the Niners looking, not healthy?

I glad GB won, they are better match up against a strong throwing team. Do we have a hope? But if they do win they might have to play Seattle again? :(

It all depends on Justin Smith. If he's healthy, you'll be fine. If not, you're in trouble.

Goodamn at the memes. I feel dirty for almost busting a gut in the office.

hZpGK.jpg

:jnc :jnc :jnc

Early news on RG3 is not good. Shannahan is going to address the media at 3PM but some unsubstantiated rumors are going around that his ACL, MCL, and PCL are all torn.:(

This is absolutely terrible. He is a whole lot of fun to watch and play and seems like a really likable guy. I fear for his future where he will have 5/6 great games where he is still healthy and where the rest of the season will stumble and crash away with all the wasted potential :(.

I can't laugh at the memes, I feel legitimately horrible for the dude. He seems like a real class act. Hopefully this injury won't plague him throughout his career.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
It all depends on Justin Smith. If he's healthy, you'll be fine. If not, you're in trouble.

He might have an arm brace like Ray Lewis? I hope he is ok to play and make a difference (moral even).

I can't laugh at the memes, I feel legitimately horrible for the dude. He seems like a real class act. Hopefully this injury won't plague him throughout his career.

If not this leg injury then it'll be the concussions, if not the concussions then the other leg, etc etc. Shame but I don't see him lasting long. He's the most talented rookie QB out there imo but it wont matter in 2 years

Will Muschamp, coach of the Florida Gators, is the latest to interview for the Bears job. This would make the 13th reported guy Phil Emery has met with, which includes a host of offensive coordinators, special teams coaches and even someone from the CFL. I don't follow college football, so I have no clue about this guy. But I am pleased he seems to be looking under every rock for candidates.

I'm so glad NFL-GAF isn't truly heartless yet. Seriously, I feel so bad for the guy and Washington fans in general. Shanahan better hire security after the press conference if it really is as bad as him missing 2013-2014.
I'm still curious if Ralph Wilson asked to interview Joe Paterno.
... nevermind.

cdyhybrid

I'm so glad NFL-GAF isn't truly heartless yet. Seriously, I feel so bad for the guy and Washington fans in general. Shanahan better hire security after the press conference if it really is as bad as him missing 2013-2014.

... nevermind.

Yeah, I was actually screaming at the TV for them to put in Cousins because it was just painful to watch him limp around on that bum knee.

JCizzle

The closest report I can find is a twitter saying it's an ACL/PCL. Jesus Christ what a horrible person Shannahan is.

cajunator

Banned
THe way his knee just flat out buckled looks very bad. Like every tendon supporting it failed at once, which is possibly what happened. On the upside, McGahee blew his knee to smithereens and still played at a very high level and RGIII is still a QB and doesnt have to run ALL the time.

If this RG3 news is really serious the skins franchise is really fucked, they don't have a first rounder until 2015 draft ? Not sure

I wasn't rooting for Washington to win the SB (because I don't need an influx of Redskins lifelongs in my life) but that was a terrible way to end their season. Feel bad for RG3, hopefully he can come back stronger and at the end of the day this injury is just a blip on a long, successful career.

Fantomex

Early news on RG3 is not good. Shannahan is going to address the media at 3PM but some unsubstantiated rumors are going around that his ACL, MCL, and PCL are all torn.:(

That would be a shame if true, but thankfully theres the Adrian Peterson hope train he can hop on.

cdyhybrid

THe way his knee just flat out buckled looks very bad. Like every tendon supporting it failed at once, which is possibly what happened. On the upside, McGahee blew his knee to smithereens and still played at a very high level and RGIII is still a QB and doesnt have to run ALL the time.

Yeah, even if he turns into someone who only runs it 5-6 times per game on broken plays when everyone is covered ala Rodgers or something, he'll still be very good.

carson-palmer-sad.jpg

Even Brady doesn't seem the same after his injury (but I'm not sure how the injury has to do with it and not just him getting older).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yeah, even if he turns into someone who only runs it 5-6 times per game on broken plays when everyone is covered ala Rodgers or something, he'll still be very good.

Which may benefit his career in the long run since there's a tendency for coaches to make QBs like RG3 into Vick clones. He's a great pocket passer as well and they need to play that up.

Hunter S.

Have any of the fans seen both Shanahan's and Griffen's statements on the injury. I have. When you read them you understand how playing with lagging injuries is normal in the NFL. It is normal in the NHL playoffs too. Rational thinking says this is a reality of physical sports. People plat hurt.

Top Bottom