• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

cashman

Banned
a6bde098e1f6645b9fb180cea7373afb_large

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Bwahaha, it all makes sense now, we are in an era of pussification of all sports.
Back in my day we gave some people a couple rags to wear and a sword and put them on the same field as hungry lions. Now we wear pads and helmets, and no longer have the wild animals.

Pussification.

KingKong

If the league cares about player safety then they need to find out who was responsible for letting RG3 play (Snahan or Andrews) and heavily penalize them

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
If the league cares about player safety then they need to find out who was responsible for letting RG3 play (Snahan or Andrews) and heavily penalize them
Don't forget that fucking field, which was responsible for getting Clemons and Hauschka injured. Not sure how big of a factor it played for RG3 but the Redskins organization cost us there.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If not this leg injury then it'll be the concussions, if not the concussions then the other leg, etc etc. Shame but I don't see him lasting long. He's the most talented rookie QB out there imo but it wont matter in 2 years
I told all the Redskins fans that Mike Shanahan would end RG3. They were all like "nuh-uh". Seriously, Shanahan needs to go. Use this injury as an excuse if you want, but if he's still there, he's going to continue to do stupid shit. Like run his qb. And send his qb out for passes. And play him with a gimpy leg.
Have any of the fans seen both Shanahan's and Griffen's statements on the injury. I have. When you read them you understand how playing with lagging injuries is normal in the NFL. It is normal in the NHL playoffs too. Rational thinking says this is a reality of physical sports. People plat hurt.
There's a difference between playing hurt and playing injured. I know it's cliche, but it's the absolute truth.

Sky Chief

Have any of the fans seen both Shanahan's and Griffen's statements on the injury. I have. When you read them you understand how playing with lagging injuries is normal in the NFL. It is normal in the NHL playoffs too. Rational thinking says this is a reality of physical sports. People plat hurt.

Who cares about playing hurt, he was completely ineffective. On the first two drives his QB Rating was 128. After the first injury his QB Rating was 8. Any intelligent coach would have realized there was something seriously wrong and pulled him because he was hurting the team's chances of winning.

cajunator

Banned

Jimmy Graham this year had a ton of drops but he played with a fucked up wrist. Hes supposed to have surgery on it. Have no idea how these guys play through that shit. It would have most people in agony.

That is SO FUCKING WRONG.
I did laugh though. Felt al ittle bad about it. I like RGIII.

cdyhybrid

John Boyle ‏@johnpboyle
Excellent RT @Curtis_Crabtree: Richard Sherman was mic'd up for yesterday's game and will be featured on SoundFX on NFLN Wed at 7:30 p.m.

*making a note on my calendar*

JCizzle

LOL it's normal to play a QB so badly hurt he can't even plant to throw a forward pass? The fuck outta here with that faux bravado bullshit.

In the post game conference shanny did say rg3 told him he guaranteed him he was hurt but not injured. I understand he's the coach but at that time he was also probably thinking about the defense, special teams, x's and o's, on top of a hundred other things. Looking back he made the wrong decision, but it wasn't so far fetched for him to believe in rg3.

Blaming him at this point doesn't help rg3 recover any faster. Also killing shanny kills all chemistry this redskins team do have when rg3 does comeback. Hell it might even piss rg3 off is shanny is his dude, and you have no clue how he would get along with a new coach.

I'm trying to strategically scroll to avoid looking at that picture but you guys are making it tough with the constant quoting. That stuff makes me queasy, haha.

I know Denver is good but it's surprising to see so many people everywhere not giving the Ravens any chance. I thought teams usually fare better in a playoff rematch?

Sanjuro

In the post game conference shanny did say rg3 told him he guaranteed him he was hurt but not injured. I understand he's the coach but at that time he was also probably thinking about the defense, special teams, x's and o's, on top of a hundred other things. Looking back he made the wrong decision, but it wasn't so far fetched for him to believe in rg3.

Blaming him at this point doesn't help rg3 recover any faster. Also killing shanny kills all chemistry this redskins team do have when rg3 does comeback. Hell it might even piss rg3 off is shanny is his dude, and you have no clue how he would get along with a new coach.

Pretty sure RG3 is infatuated with the Shannahans. No matter what happens, he isn't going to let anything happen to their positions.

cajunator

Banned
NFL fans are so heartless to this young kid just getting a bad injury. No wonder us Saints fans got slammed with all the bountygate jokes. This is a cruel world.
I still love all of you fuckers though.

Fantomex

i don't buy all of this falling on the coach. When you are set to make maybe $100 million in your NFL career which most people would tell you will last 10 years, I'm not going in the game if I think I might put my future at stake. Peeps gotta stop being so hypocritical. RG3 is not some 13 year old from a Disney movie saying put me in coach. Aint nobody making a grown man do something he is not sure of. They rolled the dice and lost, that's what happens. He just needs to heal up, and realize if they continue this will make the whole team stronger.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm shocked if people value RG3's opinion on the Shanahans. He's a 22 year old rookie QB not a 30+ year old veteran. Much older and more experienced people need to make the call on the fate of the coach.

The coaching and medical staff can't simply shrug and say "Well RG3 said he was fine!"

Sky Chief

I'm shocked if people value RG3's opinion on the Shanahans. He's a 22 year old rookie QB not a 30+ year old veteran. Much older and more experienced people need to make the call on the fate of the coach.

The coaching and medical staff can't simply shrug and say "Well RG3 said he was fine!"

He sure as hell did not look fine. The guy went from being one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL to spraying the ball all over the place because he could not plant on his right leg. It was obvious to everyone watching that he should have been pulled in the second quarter because of injury AND performance concerns.

Fantomex

but what about the Children man. The children!

These RGIII jokes are a bit much for me :/

too soon

If he comes back healthy then maybe... but the shit just happened yesterday. I think they are in bad taste.

inb4 "lolol shake is a pussy!!!!"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
i don't buy all of this falling on the coach. When you are set to make maybe $100 million in your NFL career which most people would tell you will last 10 years, I'm not going in the game if I think I might put my future at stake. Peeps gotta stop being so hypocritical. RG3 is not some 13 year old from a Disney movie saying put me in coach. Aint nobody making a grown man do something he is not sure of. They rolled the dice and lost, that's what happens. He just needs to heal up, and realize if they continue this will make the whole team stronger.

This is so ridiculous.

Football players do not do whats best for them, they do whats best for the team. They will shrug off concussions, they will shrug off injuries that they can play through because nobody wants to be the next Jay Cutler, a joke around the league.

It should have never been RG3's call. It shouldn't have been Shanahan's call either. You have a trained medical staff for the reason, if the stuff involving Andrews is true then Shanahan honestly has to be fired.

Sanjuro

If RG3 really said he was fine, he should be suspended for an entire season once he is done rehabbing. All the kids are going to try and be just like him.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
He sure as hell did not look fine. The guy went from being one of the most accurate QBs in the NFL to spraying the ball all over the place because he could not plant on his right leg. It was obvious to everyone watching that he should have been pulled in the second quarter because of injury AND performance concerns.
Like that hobbled run to the side.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
How quickly people forget that Cousins helped Washington get to the playoffs in the first place. Suddenly he becomes Joe Webb and RG3 had to sacrifice a leg for the team to have any chance.

cajunator

Banned
It was a no-win situation for shanahan. If he played the backups and lost its his fault. If he put RGIII in there its his fault. He couldnt win. but thats why he gets paid big bucks to coach an NFL team. He has to take the criticism even if it was unavoidable. Even if it isnt his fault RGIII got injured in the first place.

Sanjuro

How quickly people forget that Cousins helped Washington get to the playoffs in the first place. Suddenly he becomes Joe Webb and RG3 had to sacrifice a leg for the team to have any chance.

I think that's actually the biggest point about this. I don't give a single fuck about RGIII health, or what address to send the flowers to. I'd be pissed that you didn't start the perfectly healthy player who has proven he can win with your team.

Shannahan's job was safe, win or lose. That's for the other conversation going on.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Francesssa's been killing the people ripping Shanahan. He's saying that if they'd lost & RGIII said he could play, Shanny probably gets fired.

Kind of like the Natinals ran everyone out of town when they lost in the playoffs? Sure, people ripped them and begged them to play Strasburg, but they stuck to their guns. If you manage the team like a fan, you're soon to be a fan.

It was a no-win situation for shanahan. If he played the backups and lost its his fault. If he put RGIII in there its his fault. He couldnt win. but thats why he gets paid big bucks to coach an NFL team. He has to take the criticism even if it was unavoidable. Even if it isnt his fault RGIII got injured in the first place.

"We removed RG3 from the game after Dr. James Andrews said that there was a possibility of his weakened knee leading to more damage. We felt it was the prudent thing to do." I'm pretty sure everyone would have been fine with that.

Fantomex

This is so ridiculous.

Football players do not do whats best for them, they do whats best for the team. They will shrug off concussions, they will shrug off injuries that they can play through because nobody wants to be the next Jay Cutler, a joke around the league.

It should have never been RG3's call. It shouldn't have been Shanahan's call either. You have a trained medical staff for the reason, if the stuff involving Andrews is true then Shanahan honestly has to be fired.

Then be like me and play chess bro. I want to make sure you realize that I think the health of a player is the most important thing. And that if it was up to me no football player should ever play hurt. But man, you need to realize these players just like F1 drivers, possess a skill and face risks that allows them to make 100 times the monthly pay we make. Skill+Risk=$$$

A cop goes to work with different parameters then let's say a teacher or landscaper. Same with a football player, they took a risk bro. They both did. You can't change the playing hurt mentality that's been in the game for over 50 years overnight.

PBY

Banned
You don't coach to avoid criticism. You are paid to be a leader.

When you are young and dumb you think you are invincible. Just look back at your younger years and all the dumb shit you used to do. You dont have the common sense yet to know when to call it a day - add to that that he is a rookie in a "grown ass man tough mans league". The motivation for him to play hurt and win the approval of his teammates is high. He won't take himself out of the game cause it makes him look weak(fair or not). The coach needs to bite the bullet on this one and protect his franchises future.

Top Bottom