• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

cajunator said:
Cousins played against a really good defense like the Seahawks?
How well did a one legged RG3 do again?

You give him a series or two to see what he has after he reinjured the knee (I completely understand that). After that I don't see how anyone can make the argument that gimpy RGIII gave them a better chance to win...

ActStriker said:
but did RG3 tear the same ACL that he did in college?
Looks like it, yes. Shannahan says the difficulty in determining the status of the knee is because of the prior injury sustained in college...

KaYotiX

Banned
Shanahan would have been lambasted for not giving RGIII a chance in the game if he kept him out. Hindsight is really 20/20 with this sort of thing. Imagine if RGIII had won the game or at least played well enough to win it. Skins fans would have loved shanahan for giving him a shot and would be praising RGIII now for playing like a warrior.

He was right to start him, but after they were up 14-0 and RGIII went to the locker room is where I would of pulled him. He came back and you could tell he was hurting and wasn't the same.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Cousins played against a really good defense like the Seahawks?
He's a competent backup. The entire reason you want a competent backup is to play when your starting QB is unable. It is indisputable that RG3 was unable for much of that game, and they should have had enough trust in their backup to pick up the slack.

He played the Browns didn't he? Yes he won and they have a decent D, but they're no Seahawks and it wasn't a playoff game.

Still he should have been playing yesterday, not gonna argue you on that one.
Oh, I'm not going to argue he's a stud or anything, just that he definitely wasn't Joe Webb and only needed to complete enough passes for Morris to run well.

Sky Chief

Don't know if I missed it already, but did RG3 tear the same ACL that he did in college?

Looks like it :(

In Shanahan's press conference he mentioned the ACL and LCL and said that it wasn't clear if they were seeing new or old injuries (he tore same ACL in college, sprained LCL against Baltimore). Various Twitter reports are saying PCL (which would potentially be devastating) and MCL but I doubt those can be given too much weight.

LegoArmo

Put Cousins in at 14-0 with the knowledge that even if he has a few duff drives, he has a cushion to fall back on, instead of insane pressure of having to produce a game winning drive in the last few minutes of a play-off game. He'd have felt his way into it, I think.

jakncoke

Banned
Nobody knows the trouble I've seen. Only Jack Daniels. He's the only one who understands me.

yeah me jack and captain are having a discussion this afternoon. he keep telling them im a worthless loser but they keep saying things are going to be alright. go figure hippies.

cajunator

Banned
He was right to start him, but after they were up 14-0 and RGIII went to the locker room is where I would of pulled him. He came back and you could tell he was hurting and wasn't the same.

Yeah Im not saying he shouldnt have PULLED him, just that allowing him to play was not the wrong decision. He should have pulled him after they had a lead and let andrews take a look at his knee. Remember during the game he went into that room and came right out again. Should have done some evaluations to make sure he was still ok. If he came back out gimpy, thats the time to pull him.

Shanahan would have been lambasted for not giving RGIII a chance in the game if he kept him out. Hindsight is really 20/20 with this sort of thing. Imagine if RGIII had won the game or at least played well enough to win it. Skins fans would have loved shanahan for giving him a shot and would be praising RGIII now for playing like a warrior.

But guess what, they didn't win the game. And why didn't they? Cause their QB was hobbled and after he got hurt, their offense put up a total of about 50 yards. I don't get all the talk from Shanny about how he asked the Dr. how he looked on the sideline. Hello, anybody watching the actual game where he looks like shit? His throws were off and he was no longer mobile, I'm not sure why you need a say so from a doctor on the sideline over what you are seeing on the field for yourself. Does it mean if Cousins come in they win? Of course not. But when a guy isn't getting it done, he isn't getting it done. Unless you're Mark Sanchez and you're the sex toy for the coach's wife, you should be taken out of the game.

I've seen this all too often before, when a coach is stuck to his starter no matter what. Cowher did it in his first year with O'Donnell. O'Donnell broke his leg in December and was expected to be out 6 weeks. Cowher threw him back into the lineup just 4 weeks later in the first playoff game against the Bills and they scored a total of 3 points. He threw for a total of 160 yards and 2 picks.

Cowher did it several times with rushing Ben back from injury, so has Tomlin. Tomlin did it again this year while watching a grimacing Lefty unable to throw the ball over 15 yards from cracked ribs, yet he stuck with him.

Somebody mentioned Rivers, yeah, that was great and all, but their offense stunk and they lost. It's great that they all talk to these guys and they were all "warriors" and wanted to play. But the results are usually always the same, a big L.

eznark said:
Does his cap number still count if he is on the PUP?
I believe that it does if he's on the "active" PUP list. Teams can designate players as "active" or "reserve".

Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) – At the beginning of Training Camp, teams can place players on either of the two (2) PUP lists. A player may not be added to either PUP list once Training Camp has commenced.

There are two (2) PUP lists – “active” and “reserve”. The “active” PUP list is for players who may, or will, be activated during Training Camp. A player on “reserve” PUP cannot be activated during Training Camp and must sit out at least the first six (6) games of the season.

A player on “active” PUP does count toward the applicable preseason roster limit (90 or below, depending on the limit at that time). A player on “reserve” PUP does not count toward the 53-man roster limit during the season.

A player on either PUP list is prohibited from practicing with the team. During Training Camp, a player can be removed from “active” PUP at any time. If a player remains on PUP once the season starts, he must be moved to the “reserve” PUP list, but he does not count toward the 53-man roster. He cannot practice with the team for the first 6 weeks and cannot be removed from PUP until after week 6 (other than to go on Injured Reserve (IR)). Once week 6 has passed, the player can practice with the team for up to 3 weeks and then must either be added to the 53-man roster or put on IR for the rest of the year, thereby ending his season.

Slo

yeah me jack and captain are having a discussion this afternoon. he keep telling them im a worthless loser but they keep saying things are going to be alright. go figure hippies.

Listen to them. They're aged in oak barrels. Are you aged in oak barrels? Exactly.

eznark

Banned
Dish girlfriend.

dem deets.

ibkvW21PNihR0g.gif

darkside31337 said:
The actual article doesn't mention the 14-18 months anywhere, guess they edited it
Yeah, it looks like they edited it out of the article. They also removed any mention of the PCL (i.e. they updated the whole thing to reflect what Shanny said in the presser). The question is though, was the original source correct?

I think we're going to find the injury will indeed be pretty severe when all is said and done. Whether that time table holds up is a big X factor. Like I said, take it with a a grain of salt until we have something more official. Still, 12 months for an ACL alone isn't out of the question. Add in the PCL along with it?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I wonder how Ninja Scooter is dealing with this RGIII stuff. Won't be pretty to read what he writes once he's unbanned.

brentech

ESPN was reporting that initial looks at the knee were hard to distinguish anything significant over his previous ACL tear, almost sounding like it might not really be major at all.

jakncoke

Banned
Listen to them. They're aged in oak barrels. Are you aged in oak barrels? Exactly.

Good point.

Any who I work at a station called flattening which I flatten the certain gasket pieces before its riveted together(i work in a gasket factory that makes head gaskets and other gaskets for cars, mostly high performance). Ran through all my work, went to another station I knew was there for a little, forman came over and told me to train on riveting(i tried this b4, i was like woah learning the correct way for thousands of gaskets not something that falls under my want to do for 8.50) So i was like ugh, he was like what you hate it, i was like yeah. its pointsless for me to do im not going to be here long term, then he like well then go back. later he pulled pulled me in said i wasnt following orders and i had attitude problems, basically i think he was butt hurt over me not wanting to stay long term. so sorry that i think it'd be nice to make 20 a hour at some point in my life lol

edit; in retrospect i should of went over and not said a word and fucked shit up on purpose making sure he never put me there again.

Top Bottom