• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Don Banks @DonBanks

Shanahan: "I thought we made the right decisions'' Sunday regarding Griffin.

Welp....

brentech said:
Yes, Shanahan should have pulled him, but this is professional ball and almost every single coach will do what he thinks gives his team the best chance to win
Then you agree that Cousins should have been in there after the first series RG3 played with the reinjured knee?

mr2xxx

Banned
I call players kids all the time, but to sit here and say that it wasn't RG3's decision to play as well is ludicrous. RG clearly thought himself invincible or he wouldn't have put himself bin the situation to re-aggravate or make it worse as he did.

Yes, Shanahan should have pulled him, but this is professional ball and almost every single coach will do what he thinks gives his team the best chance to win(a playoff game, and a non life threatening injury at that). It's not like the medical staff stopped him.

They even said in the pregame that Andrews wanted him to wear a full knee brace, but RG3 decided he wanted the thinner sleeve instead.

Hubris caught up with both him and Shanny

Shanny has final say, don't know how you could watch that as a coach and not pull out a guy that can't throw or run.

brentech

Welp....

Then you agree that Cousins should have been in there after the first series RG3 played with the reinjured knee?
I personally think that he shouldn't have even been dressed for the game knowing what we know from Andrews.

I bring all this up because in didn't see anyone here complaining until the kid started limping around. Get fucked, the kid was screwed and putting himself in harms way by not even wearing the suggested brace.

Pat Shurmer renamed Browns head coach.
Pat+Shurmur.png

Sanjuro

Some guy calling in saying he is glad RG3 finally got hurt, because he has no respect for black people like Tiger Woods and Obama.

:jnc

At least it wasn't something serious like a bruised arm.

Teehee =3

Seriously though, Ive had a torn rotator cuff and deep bruises in my arm and shoulder while playing football. Its not so much the pain but the inability to move or extend your arm.

I can say a lot about Ponder but I dont think I'd call him soft. If you cant throw a ball (wide open door with that) you cant play.

Kave_Man said:
Jumpingoffcliffintopitoflions.gif
No, it's gotta be the crying girl. It's seriously the one gif in this thread that gets a giggle out of me every time you post it.:) It so encapsulates the trials and tribulations of being a Browns fan...

eznark

Banned
I was kidding. He described it as his triceps "failing." I don't care how bad ass you are if you can't lift your arm over your shoulder there isn't a lot you can do to help your team win a football game. It didn't sound like pain, just like a complete inability to make his arm function in the manner he wanted it to.

I was kidding. He described it as his triceps "failing." I don't care how bad ass you are if you can't lift your arm over your shoulder there isn't a lot you can do to help your team win a football game. It didn't sound like pain, just like a complete inability to make his arm function in the manner he wanted it to.
So basically Joe Webb, then?

Dragon

Banned
Just read this on the OBR, "Mike Francesa WFAN stated He heard NFL Coaching shocker in next 48 hours." take it for what it's worth

"In a shocking turn of events, Mike Francesa, a radio personality on WFAN New York, has been named the new Cleveland Browns head coach. Francesa, best known for his inflammatory comments on Tim Tebow, falling asleep during his program numerous times and spitting while talking about Roger Clemens and Derek Jeter, is the first radio personality with no coaching experience to be hired as a coach of a professional sports team.

BlackGhost and Kave_Man were not available for comment. But sounds emanating from their respective homes seemed to emulate Michael Vick's treatment of dogs before his arrest."

I know you knew, I feel the need to explain because a lot of folks are giving him bullshit.

I cant even listen to the minnesota sports radio right now. Its asinine.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I know you knew, I feel the need to explain because a lot of folks are giving him bullshit.

I cant even listen to the minnesota sports radio right now. Its asinine.

The throwing arm is pretty much the one area that can't be injured on a quarterback so I won't be giving Ponder the Cutler treatment. Plus no one has ever claimed Ponder to be an elite quarterback unlike Cutler so I'm not annoyed with Ponder by default.

Knees are apparently optional since Phillip Rivers and now RG3 have played playoff games on one leg.

Which QB was it that played with a torn ACL in a playoff game? rivers?

I can see that being moderately reasonable if you are a pocket passer and you get a numbing injection.

I think a Packers lineman once went an entire season with two torn ACLs or something of that matter.

eznark

Banned
Ravens update:

Didn't they draft this kid high? He broke his skull or something if memory serves , no?

Second round. Broke his skull after being drafted but before signing. I don't know if he was ever even active. I remember a lot of Packers fans salivating over him.

He should have tried to run onto the field, held back only by his teammates and coach!

Thanks, he was cut last season and made it through the wire to end on their practice squad. If no team took a chance on him then, doubt he'll get much interest in the offseason.

Cagey

Banned
Just read this on the OBR, "Mike Francesa WFAN stated He heard NFL Coaching shocker in next 48 hours." take it for what it's worth

One of the two coaches in tonight's BCS Championship get the Godfather offer from a team looking for a HC.

Brian Kelly to the Browns, the lulz continue.

EDIT: dat Francesa gif rofl

cajunator

Banned
Shanahan would have been lambasted for not giving RGIII a chance in the game if he kept him out. Hindsight is really 20/20 with this sort of thing. Imagine if RGIII had won the game or at least played well enough to win it. Skins fans would have loved shanahan for giving him a shot and would be praising RGIII now for playing like a warrior.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Shanahan would have been lambasted for not giving RGIII a chance in the game if he kept him out. Hindsight is really 20/20 with this sort of thing. Imagine if RGIII had won the game or at least played well enough to win it. Skins fans would have loved shanahan for giving him a shot and would be praising RGIII now for playing like a warrior.
Cousins.
Won.
Games.
For.
Them.

bionic77

Shanny has final say, don't know how you could watch that as a coach and not pull out a guy that can't throw or run.
Happens every week at every position. Don't know why RG3 is getting so much attention for this. Probably because Shanahan is such a gigantic douchebag that everyone loves to pile on him, but this happens on every football team and guys play hurt and shitty every week.

That knee picture was horrible to see though. I remember when my knee the same thing when I tore my ACL like 12 years ago. That hurt like a bitch. I expect him to fully recover though and not lose any of his speed. Better to get an injury like this when you are young.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ravens update:

Didn't they draft this kid high? He broke his skull or something if memory serves , no?

Shame of what happened to him. His last game was the 2009 BCS NCG, and he was on fire that night. Should have had a great career (maybe he still can).

Top Bottom