• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

squicken

Notre Dame getting destroyed, AJ McCarron's GF, LeBron getting trashed on Twitter for following AJ's GF, Darnell Dockett propositioning AJ's GF on Twitter...it's been a great night.

So bizarre to see that. Was that his actual phone number?

lol okay McCarron is staying at school? Who cares?

cdyhybrid

I need to see this

h6hNi.png

That was in 2006. The year following a biter year-long lockout. Most people didn't even have OLN back then.

ESPN wanted the rights to the NHL this year. They entered a bidding war with the NHL to reacquire the rights, and the NHL didn't give ESPN a chance to make a final offer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...-rights-in-bidding-war-vs-espn?urn=nhl,wp2944

NHL didn't want anything to do with ESPN because they were going to relegate them to ESPN3 along with paint drying finals 11 and the lawnmower games.

squicken

another strong black man roped in by the white devil!

I remember at the draft there was this big freakout that all the black guys had white wives or GFs. Not sure why it's anyone's business

edit: Lebron is married? I had no idea. Well then, yeah. Though surely no spouse of a high profile athlete thinks her husband is faithful. Favre's wife seemed to not care as long as she got on TV

cdyhybrid

What was this about? I checked out of the game

Lmao! it's gonna be akward when they're on the same team

They were going on different snap counts and Jones wasn't snapping the ball when McCarron wanted it, so McCarron had to call a time out and threw a hissy fit. He got in Jones' face and started jawing at him so Jones shoved him.

What was this about? I checked out of the game

Lmao! it's gonna be akward when they're on the same team

The center and quarterback were each calling different things out to the line and the miscommunication led to a delay of game. McCarron was upset and got in the face of the center, and then got punk'd by the much larger Barrett Jones.

I remember at the draft there was this big freakout that all the black guys had white wives or GFs. Not sure why it's anyone's business

120106115734_parker-espn106-594x334.jpg

Older blacks are really sensitive about interracial relationships.

During the draft this year watch for the black moms throwing daggers through their smile at the white girlfriends. Makes for a fun drinking game.

Marinelli may remain Bears' defensive coordinator.

A good chance exists the team will hire a new head coach but retain defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli, and possibly other key assistants, according to those with knowledge of the situation.

Marinelli and the other assistant coaches from Smith's staff remain under contract, and the Bears are not allowing them to interview for other coaching vacancies. The reason is there is a chance the Bears will want to retain them.

It will depend mostly on the desires of the new head coach. If the candidate the team settles on wants a different defensive coordinator, it is unlikely anyone will stand in his way.

But it is clear Marinelli is highly regarded by the organization.

Retaining Marinelli would enable the Bears to keep their defensive system intact, which could help the Bears stay competitive in the near future. It also might make the team more interested in retaining free-agent-to-be linebacker Brian Urlacher.

About Singletary...

Two more names popped up late Monday night. Former Bears linebacker and 49ers head coach Mike Singletary, currently a Vikings assistant, is expected to interview with Emery. It is believed Singletary's inclusion comes at the suggestion of the McCaskey family, led by Chairman George McCaskey. The other candidate also comes from the Vikings: well-regarded special teams coach Mike Priefer.

Singletary being a McCaskey idea doesn't surprise me in the least. I'm sure Emery will be nice and polite. I just hope Mike doesn't 't drop his pants when Emery tells him to get lost.

I do like the idea of keeping Hot Rod around. The defense was the only part of this team that worked. With all the veterans, and bringing Urlarcher back, it would ensure that side of the ball didn't drop off.

squicken

Holy shit. Please let this happen. He'll bring back Jimmy Raye! GLORIOUS TIMES ARE UPON YOU CHICAGO. Bears players: get ready to be mooned.

Twitter says the McCaskeys pushed Emery to do the interview as a courtesy to a Bears legend. Emery's press conference seemed to at least give the notion he wouldn't be so clueless as to hire Singletary.

But the Muschamp interview is just as stupid. He's done nothing other than act like an idiot. I've never thought any unit he has ever coached looked like it wasn't underachieving

edit : beaten

Dudes are going in on Skip Bayless right now on twitter.

@TCrabtree83
#ff RT @OwenBenjamin: @TCrabtree83 @realskipbayless skip Im so pumped to know that there's someone over 9 years old who calls himself "skip"

Drakeon

Twitter says the McCaskeys pushed Emery to do the interview as a courtesy to a Bears legend. Emery's press conference seemed to at least give the notion he wouldn't be so clueless as to hire Singletary.

But the Muschamp interview is just as stupid. He's done nothing other than act like an idiot. I've never thought any unit he has ever coached looked like it wasn't underachieving

edit : beaten

It would be such a hilarious train wreck with Cutler and Singletary screaming at each other on the sidelines. I realize it was the longest of shots, but it would have been incredible to watch for the one season he was HC.

I still, to this day, have a hard time thinking of a worse Head Coach than Singletary. He was bad at hiring assistants, he had no clue how to game plan, adjustments weren't a thing he believed in and he was a general embarrassment to the organization (the whole I smell a rat fiasco smacked of unprofessionalism).

squicken

So the Jets had the same record as TEN, and they had the same SoS. So the next tie breaker is head to head. Sanchez and his 4 INTs in that game moved the Jets up 6 spots

So, No doubt everybody who's team is out of the playoffs is looking at mocks and keeping their ear to the ground for who their team is expected to pick. Who's the top candidate for your team based on early speculation?

Right now the highest guy on Steelers mocks is Ezekiel Ansah. Steelers need a physical freak for a pass rusher. Guy has all the physical tools but is raw.

Drafts?! You talking about mock drafts?!!! shiiieeeet I just want a headcoach.
Edit: but I'd love to trade down if we can, I personally have many different scenarios I'd like. I want a pash rusher, unless we can trade down far enough and take one of the top two TE

squicken

So, No doubt everybody who's team is out of the playoffs is looking at mocks and keeping their ear to the ground for who their team is expected to pick. Who's the top candidate for your team based on early speculation?

Right now the highest guy on Steelers mocks is Ezekiel Ansah. Steelers need a physical freak for a pass rusher. Guy has all the physical tools but is raw.

Almost every STL mock has them going with Warmack. Lots of fans want Eifert. Everyone wants a big time WR but doesn't look like there is anyone who fits that need where they are drafting. Fisher's history is he never drafts OL in the first round, but will in 2nd and 3rd.

I've got a bad feeling he will draft a RB with one of his 1st. Wanted both TRich and Martin last year. Worried he'll overdraft to get his guy this year

Almost every STL mock has them going with Warmack. Lots of fans want Eifert. Everyone wants a big time WR but doesn't look like there is anyone who fits that need where they are drafting. Fisher's history is he never drafts OL in the first round, but will in 2nd and 3rd.

I've got a bad feeling he will draft a RB with one of his 1st. Wanted both TRich and Martin last year. Worried he'll overdraft to get his guy this year
You really think you guys will take a Rb in first? I thought you guys were really high on Daryl Richardson? You guys have Two first rounders to right? So theirs some flexibility, just don't blow one of the first rounders on a old Baseball player.

Drafts?! You talking about mock drafts?!!! shiiieeeet I just want a headcoach.
Edit: but I'd love to trade down if we can, I've personally have many different scenarios I'd like. I want a pash rusher, unless we can trade down far enough and take one of the top two TE

You need skill guys desperately. Are there any high rated TE's in the draft?

squicken

You really think you guys will take a Rb in first? I thought you guys were really high on Daryl Richardson? You guys have Two first rounders to right? So theirs some flexibility, just don't blow one of the first rounders on a old Baseball player.

Richardson was a nice little story but he can't pass block and aside from a couple of big runs really did nothing. They drafted Isiah Pead in the 2nd and he's probably going to wash out. RBs either have it or they don't, and he just doesn't.

A college guy I think will make a very interesting case as a 3rd down back is Trey Millard at OU. He's technically a FB, but he has decent rush skills, good pass catcher, and is a good blocker. Big enough to handle blitzers but also a decent threat out of the backfield. Not going to take anything 40 yards, but as a 3rd round pick would be solid.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Steelers have already filled their Ziggy quota.

Someone was nice enough to cut out some tape of him. Have a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiOSwicEkk

Top Bottom