• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

stifflacys8azb.gif
That's the entire game summed up in one gif.

Chrome's handling of gifs is becoming unacceptable.
Seriously. It's been so weird lately.

Bowser

Apparently Tom Gamble tanked his Jets interview:

After three interviews with the Jaguars, Falcons director of player personnel Dave Caldwell has yet to be hired as the General Manager in Jacksonville. Instead, he’ll interview a second time for the G.M. job with the Jets.

So what’s going on? Glad you asked. (Even if you didn’t.)

As we hear it, both teams want Caldwell. But one league source says that Caldwell and the Jaguars had a financial gap that couldn’t be bridged, which has prompted Caldwell to explore more seriously the opportunity in New York.

And the opportunity in New York has arisen for Caldwell in part because, as we hear it, Tom Gamble’s interview with the Jets didn’t go well.

For Caldwell, there’s a chance he overplays his hand and ends up staying at Oregon. I mean, Atlanta.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/08/money-could-drive-caldwell-from-jags-to-jets/

For the morning crew.
I think Worilds will be the short term guy for Harrison who likely has a year left at a reduced cost. I think McClendon is the assumed Hampton replacement.

unless someone in one of those positions falls to us ala DeCastro then I think they need to look at ILB.

my worry is that they'll reach for a WR on assumption that Wallace is gone.

Bowser

Tanked=Jets didn't like being told QB and head coach are the main problems

Eh, I dunno if I believe that. I'm sure pretty much every candidate has told the Jets that at least QB needs to be fixed. There are instances where people either don't interview well or have an off day.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wow Terrell Owens sucks. Listening to local radio and he was doing an interview and they asked him about the hall of fame. So he cuts the interview short because he just wants to talk about that diving reality show. Jeez.

@DallasStars: At least our #9 got the job done..... RT:" @DallasCowboys Similarly in the category of nobody-cares…the NHL is back!"

damn. Though I did enjoy betting against that flopper Modano vs the Devils

This is great.

Wow Terrell Owens sucks. Listening to local radio and he was doing an interview and they asked him about the hall of fame. So he cuts the interview short because he just wants to talk about that diving reality show. Jeez.

He called into an interview up here too and got hung up on because he just wanted to talk about diving.

TheFatOne said:
Any official word on RG3 injury?
Nothing official but the most sources agree the ACL and LCL are partially torn. No word on recovery time or anything as of yet. 9-12 months seems a safe assumption if he has to have surgery.

Ebenezer Samuel @ebenezersamuel

Looking like ACL and LCL for RG3, perESPN. Second of his career.

Last I read they were trying to determine if they could avoid full reconstruction of the knee via surgery considering its a partial tear only.

So did Justin Smith hurt his tricep from holding all of those linemen? Must be a lot of stress on those arms when you're grabbing big guys that are trying to legally break away from you.

Any Eagles fans remember whenever Lito Sheppard made a huge play, like a pick 6, they would play "Lido Shuffle" by Boz Skaggs and the crowd would do the "whooooooOOOOOOooooooOOOOoooooooo"?

I always liked that.

Listening to some AM radio here in Atlanta.
Someone on 790 just tried to rationalize calling this regular season for the Falcons "undefeated" because they won all the games that "mattered," despite the fact there is a "3" in the loss column and that ALL three losses came to divisional opponents.
What is this I dont even

Talon

Someone on 790 just tried to rationalize calling this regular season for the Falcons "undefeated" because they won all the games that "mattered," despite the fact there is a "3" in the loss column and that ALL three losses came to divisional opponents.
What is this I dont even
Atlanta media? Atlanta media.

eznark

Banned
What is this I dont even

Losers have no idea how to handle success.

Any Eagles fans remember whenever Lito Sheppard made a huge play, like a pick 6, they would play "Lido Shuffle" by Boz Skaggs and the crowd would do the "whooooooOOOOOOooooooOOOOoooooooo"?

I always liked that.

Yeah that was always really fun. He did have a lot of big plays in his career and then he just totally fell off. It is nuts how fast guys can go from good to horrible in the NFL.

G Cobb today aid that the Eagles never even got to offer a contract to Kelly because they couldnt get past the issue of who would have final say on players. Supposedly Kelly wanted final say and the Eagles wont give it up to anyone. I really wonder if sticking with Howie is going to cause them to settle for a C tier guy.

KingGondo

Banned
After watching last night's game I was very impressed with Dee Milliner.

He'd be a nice pick for the Browns to pair with Haden.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yeah that was always really fun. He did have a lot of big plays in his career and then he just totally fell off. It is nuts how fast guys can go from good to horrible in the NFL.

G Cobb today aid that the Eagles never even got to offer a contract to Kelly because they couldnt get past the issue of who would have final say on players. Supposedly Kelly wanted final say and the Eagles wont give it up to anyone. I really wonder if sticking with Howie is going to cause them to settle for a C tier guy.

There's no way you give personnel control to a career college guy with zero NFL experience. None.

There's no way you give personnel control to a career college guy with zero NFL experience. None.

It worked out well for the Cowboys with JJ, but I do get what you are saying. I really didnt even want Kelly I am just worried that other candidates might be put off by having to work with Howie.

Even more applicable.

What the hell are you talking about now. The Phillies, Flyers, and Siers have all won multiple chmpionships in their sports. Way more then the Hawks and Braves have won.

jakncoke

Banned
It worked out well for the Cowboys with JJ, but I do get what you are saying. I really didnt even want Kelly I am just worried that other candidates might be put off by having to work with Howie.

What the hell are you talking about now. The Phillies, Flyers, and Siers have all won multiple chmpionships in their sports. Way more then the Hawks and Braves have won.

Maybe someday those Eagles will do something for you people some day and stop being the Steelers lil sister of the east :)

Link

The Autumn Wind
Tanked=Jets didn't like being told QB and head coach are the main problems
I know it's not a popular opinion, but I don't believe Rex is the problem. He just needs an OC that's worth a damn.

Sanchez has to go, though.

Someday Phillies will pass the Pirates in WS as well

Definitely, at the rate they are going that wont even take very long. Its not like the Pirates are ever going to add another one. But at least they are the most profitable team in baseball, that must warm Pirates fans hearts.

Reposting from above, here's my summary of the Rex and Woody press conference:

- Woody apologizes for delay in media availability. Says they are right to be angry with the delay and he takes the blame for it.
- They have a "professional" process in place for their GM search. It's ongoing
- Rex says this is a new beginning and he's approaching the season as if he were a new head coach
- They are in search for a new offensive and defensive coordinator. Makes it pretty clear that Mike Pettine is moving on.
- "I want a physical, aggressive, attack style of football team," Rex Ryan says. Says he's done a poor job of implementing that.
- He wants an "all weather" offense. Ground and pound fit the teams identity before. Now he wants an "attack" team on offense. If that means running the pistol or whatever, he's fine with that. Everything is on the table and he wants "unpredictability".
- He wants to lean on the new GM and get this thoughts moving forward.
- Rex says "ink's not dry" on new DC. Sounds like an in-house candidate will get it. Dennis Thurman possibly?
- Asked if they can run that type of offense with Sanchez at QB? He says they need a GM and OC in place before answering player questions.
- Woody was asked if part of the GM search included the candidate being told that Rex must be the coach in moving forward? Woody said yes. He believes in Rex and GM must work with him.
- Rex "I'm sure I'll have the same agenda as the new GM. I look at this as a new beginning" (really sounds like Rex is not going anywhere any time soon)
- Rex "You're not going to want to play the NY Jets. I know the mentality this team will have"
- No decisions on players until the OC and GM are in place. Neither will say Sanchez is the QB moving forward or what will happen with Tebow.
- Rex asked if 2013 is a lame duck season for him. He says he doesn't look at that way and hes excited for this new beginning. "In many ways, I'm in a better position than 31 other guys. I have an owner that is committed to winning and loves this football team"
- Why after four years have you not imprinted you style on the offense, Rex? "That's a good question and I've failed in that regard. I've absolutely failed". Said the ground and pound view was what was best for the team at the time. Goes back to using the term unpredictable on offense.
- If you haven't been able to do it for four years - what makes you think you can do it now, Rex? "It HAS to get done. I've failed to this point but I have confidence in myself and that we will succeed"
- Woody doesn't want to go into what he's looking for in a GM. Wants someone to "guide us to the next level".
- If a new GM comes in and says "Mark Sanchez isn't the starting QB" what will you two say to that considering he's one of your highest paid players? Rex responds "I'd say yes. Money will have nothing to do with the evaluation of the player". Woody agrees. "We're looking for the best player." QB position is wide open.
- Woody "There's no mandate" for Ryan HAVING to make the playoffs to keep his job.
- Woody "I have ultimate confidence in Rex as a leader, motivator, and even playcaller if he has to do it"
- Rex asked "You said when Tony was hired that it was like looking at a mirror, did you miscalculate?" Rex responds "No, I don't think miscalculated. I think there will be personnel changes and what not but maybe I misjudged the whole ground and pound philosophy and I need to be more open minded. We have players capable of playing with that mentality."
- More coaching staff changes are not out of the question.
- Asked if the team has enough talent to go to the Super Bowl in 2014 (since its at Metlife). Rex was very reserved in his response saying "We have a lot of work to do to get there".
- Rex basically saying that losing Santonio and other key pieces on defense (Revis) affected the team.
- Says Pettine won't be back because he has other opportunities (uh huh).
- Rex was asked if he was concerned about getting fired. "Yes. I knew last season wasn't good enough. 6-10 wasn't close to Mr. Johnson's expectations were. Absolutely I was concerned"
- Woody asked about the cap. He thinks the flexibility with the cap is great and we can do things to get that down. We'll do everything we can to get this team on track.
- Rex asked about the tattoo "There's a question about whether its real or not, I'll keep you guessing". Jokes that if Sanchez doesn't play better that number is changing!

Top Bottom