• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Steelers have already filled their Ziggy quota.

Someone was nice enough to cut out some tape of him. Have a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiOSwicEkk

Watched the first video. Guy plays high. Has natural power but gets stood up by blockers easily. Commands attention, but has a hard time shedding on double teams, unless he decides to just bull them out of the way. Great hands.

Guy has issues, but I think most of them come from him playing at End in a 4:3. Stand him up at Linebacker and have him rush the edge and I think the guy could be something.

squicken

Yep. Need a replacement for Harrison. Need a replacement for Foote. Need a replacement for Hampton. In that order.

Those guys have been there forever. Have they not been addressing the position or have they been missing?

edit:
bluemax to accuse Reskins of being racists

Williams and Sherman started going at it from the game's first play, with Sherman allegedly taunting Redskins coach Mike Shanahan and the normally mild-mannered Morris, a rookie, coming off the field yelling profanities after Bryant supposedly tried to step on him following a play.

"There was a cheap shot — Red Bryant tried to step on him after a play and hit him in the head,'' Redskins fullback Darrel Young said Monday. "Alfred Morris is one of the nicest guys you'll meet.

"We'll see them again. When Alfred comes to the sideline cursing, you've got a problem because this is a kid who doesn't curse.''

Said linebacker Rob Jackson: "I definitely felt there was a lot of extra-curricular activity out there. I do know after the first play from scrimmage, Trent and Sherman got after it. I don't know if that carried over. It's hard to get Trent rattled.''

Williams blamed himself for losing his cool in the post-game scuffle.

"I let them get the best of me,'' Williams said after the game. "It's nobody's fault but mine.''

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/

facejilec.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Watched the first video. Guy plays high. Has natural power but gets stood up by blockers easily. Commands attention, but has a hard time shedding on double teams, unless he decides to just bull them out of the way. Great hands.

Guy has issues, but I think most of them come from him playing at End in a 4:3. Stand him up at Linebacker and have him rush the edge and I think the guy could be something.

While I agree with your assessment of the video, I'm unsure about having him play outside for the Steelers. LeBeau's schemes are tough to get and for a guy who will have to change positions and having played football for only three years, it's worrisome. Seems a bit of a project. Do you draft him for his physical status and hope you can develop him? If Pittsburgh takes him, he'll be glued to the bench for two years. Of course, you can say that about everyone the Steelers select on defense.

Those guys have been there forever. Have they not been addressing the position or have they been missing?

Worilds was selected fairly high to replace Harrison. He's coming along. See the paragraph above.

I don't know if there's ever been a true effort to get a middle linebacker. You might remember there was quite a bit of buzz in here about the Steelers taking Hightower in the draft last year. Probably would have if not for DeCastro dropping.

Steve McClendon does a good job subbing for Hampton. So it's not as urgent. DUI Ta'amu was selected last year in the 4th. He's currently a free agent because he was cut during the year, but I'm sure the Steelers will bring him back and try to get him playing.

While I agree with your assessment of the video, I'm unsure about having him play outside for the Steelers. LeBeau's schemes are tough to get and for a guy who will have to change positions and having played football for only three years, it's worrisome. Seems a bit of a project. Do you draft him for his physical status and hope you can develop him? If Pittsburgh takes him, he'll be glued to the bench for two years. Of course, you can say that about everyone the Steelers select on defense..

thing is I doubt the Steelers flat out cut Harrison without asking him to take a pay cut first. Even if they do Worilds will assuredly take his place. I agree Ansah would be a project, but if he works out he would dominate.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
thing is I doubt the Steelers flat out cut Harrison without asking him to take a pay cut first. Even if they do Worilds will assuredly take his place. I agree Ansah would be a project, but if he works out he would dominate.

Absolutely. He has the tools to be a beast. But we both know that the Steelers love to take the sure thing in the first round and then gamble in the second. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the Steelers took some chances in the first round, now and then.

Absolutely. He has the tools to be a beast. But we both know that the Steelers love to take the sure thing in the first round and then gamble in the second. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the Steelers took some chances in the first round, now and then.

True. Maybe Ansah is raw enough to fall to the 2nd.

So, No doubt everybody who's team is out of the playoffs is looking at mocks and keeping their ear to the ground for who their team is expected to pick. Who's the top candidate for your team based on early speculation?

Right now the highest guy on Steelers mocks is Ezekiel Ansah. Steelers need a physical freak for a pass rusher. Guy has all the physical tools but is raw.

For the morning crew.

Nori Chan

sabana daughter is fine too

But dockett being thirsty as fffuuuu was funny as shit

OMG this is glorious

@ddockett: @10AJMcCarron 😂😭😂😭😂 I made "OUR" girl famous tonight she had less than 5k followers now she over 80k! We all can go to wingstop! 😬

cashman

Banned
They were the only bowl eligible team with an undefeated record, they get a lot of undeserved love from old timey media types.

They also stole a game from a Stanford team that was clearly better than them. And I think they stole a game from UW as well. They also had to use triple OT to beat a shitty Pittsburgh team.

Way late on this reply, but Stanford also had Noonan playing QB that game. He was fucking awful.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fuck I forgot BCS game was in 3D

>_<

Replay time (Hopefully)

Ugh... College Basketball... Boo!

cajunator

Banned
A platform that's existed on the market for a month isn't getting enough content to satisfy people? You don't say?

Don't buy one?

You have only yourself to blame if you bought a Wii U expecting some massive shift in third party support or laughably spent $300 with the expectation of one day playing Crysis 3 on your Wii U gamepad. You'll get the occasional ZombiU's and Rayman's but outside of that, it's a Nintendo machine and I'm more than comfortable with that.

Why did the wiiU stuff come up again? Are people still hung up on this? Buy a second system if you arent happy with the wiiU only, people. If you cant afford multiple systems you probably shouldnt even be buying one.

brentech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76AbKncT2h4&t=10m54s

Surprising considering the team is lead by a douche who is insecure about his height. The tides in the NFCN will change very shortly.

Our d-line next year just has to make fun of Rodgers' height and give him a nervous breakdown.
Perceived slights keep him hungry. Unlike Fatford where he sees a baconator and gets hungry before a game, then shits himself during it.

And this video was dedicated to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFmv22ghzQw

squicken

@DallasStars: At least our #9 got the job done..... RT:" @DallasCowboys Similarly in the category of nobody-cares…the NHL is back!"

damn. Though I did enjoy betting against that flopper Modano vs the Devils

edit:

stifflacys8azb.gif

DeaconKnowledge said:
Right now the highest guy on Steelers mocks is Ezekiel Ansah
Ansah has been tied to the Giants on a few mocks I've seen as well. I posted one where Te'o dropped to the Giants as well but I don't see that happening (nor do I want him considering how he played last night). Every year they tie the Giants to a linebacker or offensive lineman and every year the Giants go in another direction. Defensive line or cornerback this year.

Here's a current list of the mocks out there and who they have the Giants taking:

CBSSports.com (Rob Rang) &#8211; Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert

CBSSports.com (Dane Brugler) &#8211; BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah

WalterFootball.com &#8211; BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah

ESPN.com &#8211; BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah

SB Nation &#8211; LSU DE Sam Montgomery

DraftCountdown.com &#8211; BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah

Bleacher Report &#8211; Texas S Kenny Vaccaro

DraftTek.com &#8211; LSU S Eric Reid ab

Top Bottom