• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

ari

Banned
Man, if only Nintendo would make Mario more realistic. Imagine: He's a NYC Cop who has to save a reporter from the Kremlin Order of Political Altruism (K.O.O.P.A) who's secretly trying to take over the US. It would sell millions!
There is no way you just thought about that. Lol

DeaconKnowledge said:
Man, if only Nintendo would make Mario more realistic. Imagine: He's a NYC Cop who has to save a reporter from the Kremlin Order of Political Altruism (K.O.O.P.A) who's secretly trying to take over the US. It would sell millions!
Put Vaas from Far Cry 3 in a plumbers suit!

Far-cry-3-vaas.png

Super Mario Bros: The Pussy Trigger

Godslay

Banned
Yeah there's no way he's playing in that game. Moreno and Hillman are both doing fine right now so the best thing to do is let McGahee heal completely.

I agree, mix in Hester for short yardage and goal line and we're good.

McGahee is best on the bench at this point. Don't fix what isn't broken at this late in the game.

Buckethead said:
I meant I don't want the game to look half-assed like every console Pokemon game ever
I don't even like Pokemon.

That picture just looked odd. Like they super imposed a Pokemon character onto an Uncharted background.

ari

Banned
NCAA are greedy ass bitches. Bowl games as playoff spots? Dear lord. Why not a march madness type tourney with the top 16 teams?

brentech

I have never played a Pokemon game. Partially due to working at Best Buy back in 99 when it got crazy huge and that just annoyed the fuck out of me how insane parents were for it. Literally have no idea how the game plays out.

eznark

Banned
I have never played a Pokemon game. Partially due to working at Best Buy back in 99 when it got crazy huge and that just annoyed the fuck out of me how insane parents were for it. Literally have non idea how the game plays out.

Me either because I am an adult

mr2xxx said:
Also what is a reserves/future contract? Is a glorified version of calling dibs?
A more detailed breakdown if interested (from Football 101):

Basically, when a player is signed to “reserve/futures” contracts means they are being signed for the upcoming season even though that season does not officially begin until the official start of the league’s new year as outlined by the NFL. Only players who were not on any NFL team’s active roster when the previous season ended are eligible for these types of contracts. If they were under contract, then they would remain so until the league’s new year starts. Players who were on practice squads at the end of the season are eligible to sign with any team. Hence the reason that you see many practice squad players being signed by their current team for the upcoming year to a reserve/futures contract. That way the team can continue to work with a player they’re familiar with and hopefully get them ready for an eventual roster spot on game day.

Jags update:

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

Jags very likely to announce they are parting way with coach Mike Mularkey this week, with the GM search over. Still hear Greg Roman

ari

Banned
The bears interviewed 12 candidates so far. Most among the other teams looking for HCs. Sounds like emery has a plan to wing it out for mccoy, or, is actually interviewing candidates, which is a lost art now and days.

Dragon

Banned

If only Nintendo would make a new Mario instead of SMB3 over and over again.

Don't know how it happened, but all of a sudden the Steelers need talent at Wide Receiver. Wallace is probably gone. Miller will start the season on PUP at best, and unless Mendenhall comes back we don't have a #1 running back. Wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers went WR in the 1st or 2nd.

WEEK ONE
NINERS vs. PACKERS

Notes:
- Jarrett Bush started at CB.
- Both LB Erik Walden and DE Mike Neal were not eligible to play.
- This was RB Cedric Benson's first regular season game as a Packer.
- WR Greg Jennings was dealing with an injury.
- Notable Inactives: Daniels, House, Starks. (Niners: James).

Q1:
- SF LT Staley sure likes to hold.
- Brian Bulaga is getting beat on a consistent basis, poor run blocking to boot.
- Niners aren't getting to Rodgers but they are collapsing the pocket.
- Rodgers can't step up into pocket or scramble (see: above).
- Niners using Crabtree to exploit the middle.
- Lot of CB blitzes by SF, which are successfully pressuring Rodgers into dumb/quick throws.

Q2:
- Bush got beat on long gainer to Moss then gets PI on next drive.
- Packers D unable to stop the run. SF OL getting to second level.
- Nick Perry on Michael Crabtree. Yes that happened.
- Lots of communication errors in Packers secondary (Burnett, Jennings, Bush).
- Finley has dropped 2 balls up to this point in the game (8:24 left in 2nd).
- Cobb and Nelson are the only WRs that showed up.
- Tramon Williams playing soft all day. Doesn't matter who he's matched up with. Terrible.
- Kaepernick comes in and the Packers play prevent. Capers is a moron.
- Akers hits a 63-yarder. Oh how the tables have turned.

Q3:
- Still can't stop the run. Incidentally, they always seem to run at Perry.
- The middle of the field is still wide open. Jarrett Bush coverage, folks!
- Pass rush looks like shit.
- Packers defense looks defeated on the sidelines.
- Running game looks absolutely abysmal.
- Now 3 drops, Finley was wide open on a slant.
- Oh look, more Staley holds.
- Oh look, more terrible run defense.
- He gets held but Finley drops his 4th.

Q4:
- Holding on Staley cherry finally gets popped. They should overload blitz this guy in the rematch.
- Can't throw picks, Aaron. Silly bitch.
- I think a good strategy would be to fake Cobb out of the backfield, throw slant/post. 49ers cheated up a lot.
- Pocket looking a lot cleaner in the 2nd half. 49ers D-Line must've burned out.
- Rodgers didn't exactly bring his "A-game" for Week 1. A handful of weak/dumb/forced throws.
- Cobb is money. Hopefully he's 100% on Saturday. Same with Nelson. Both paid great in this game.
- Fat shit Lang gets beaten like a redheaded stepchild, Rodgers gets sacked, effectively ending the game.

Other Thoughts:
- The refs were terrible. I'm going to say they were more terrible for the Packers but that punt return obviously meant points.
- The Packers run game was non-existant in this game. The more developed run game will be a big help to them in the rematch.
- A lot of terrible coverage in this game so Shields/Hayward in the secondary will help big time.
- Not much no huddle from the Packers in this game. Look for that to change in the rematch.
- The Packers had 10 penalties in this game. Can't have those.
- I hope the Packers will play the Niners like they did the Eagles in 2010. Stop the run, force the QB to throw, LB spy Kaepernick.
Too bad we have slowass Hawk and motherfucker Jones and not Bishop.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Didn't the Jets give him a tryout like two months ago?

Yeah. Here's the article.

The Jets may not be Rugland's only hope of making the NFL. Husted said the Raiders, Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles have also contacted him for scouting reports. He said the "ideal situation" for the Norwegian may be to get picked up on the practice squad by one team and spend a year honing his skills - the same route taken by Australian punter Darren Bennett in the 1990s.

jakncoke

Banned
It was real. The Jets were genuinely interested — on the condition that Rugland spend some time with a kicking coach first to hone his skills. So the week after Thanksgiving, the Norwegian travelled to California to spend a few weeks with Michael Husted — a former NFL kicker who now runs a training camp in San Diego and had reached out to Rugland after seeing his video on a Facebook page.

woah Michael Husted, there a name I havent heard in awhile

Mrbob

Alex Smith needs to start and the Niners will win.

Kap is going to lose the game, and Worst Harbaugh will be feeling the heat all off season.

squicken

for the new page

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Robert Griffin expected to undergo surgery this week on torn LCL and at that time doctors will determine if any damage has been done to ACL.

Top Bottom