• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

Dragon

Banned
What people want from games:

Easy to use

All of that other stuff is superfluous. the biggest knock on PC's has always been the configuring and tweaking. People don't want to bother with that shit. Steambox gives the advantages of Steam without bothering with all that other crap.

Linux support for Steam is dreadful. No reason to get that steam box at all currently.

Milchjon

17 points can do it.

s_nfl_23-17predic_080130_mezzn.vsmall.jpg

:-(

mr2xxx

Banned
All fits under easy to use. Keyboards are not.

Power doesn't mean shit to anybody but gaming nerds. It's nowhere near as important as people would have you believe.

Thats fine but when its the same price as a console its a problem. Might as well get a Wii U,or Oyaaa or whatever its called if you dont care about power, both seem a better fit for those people than a steam box. The thing is Steam caters more to the hardcore than the other services.

You see Dallas, when you fire coaches or coordinators like other teams do, you usually fire those impeding the team, and last I checked, the defense wasn't really the problem. Unless Jerry is just upset a crippled RGIII managed to somehow outrun their defenders (never mind the fact that Morris had more to do with that).

Ryan Longwell will kick game winning FG in OT over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship game sending the Seahawks to the SB.

Calling it now.

squicken

I know the Cowboys had to score a lot of points because the other guys scored a lot.

At some point, a team takes enough injuries to key players that it just can't overcome it. That Dallas game in Week 17, they were just outmanned. It's not like I love rob Ryan, but he did a far better of job keeping it together than Spags did in NOLA

So with the Joeckel news today, my Lions draft board of preference looks like:

1.) Jarvis Jones - OLB/Georgia

I am still sold that the Lions need help on the edges because they are getting torched right now by any team that runs a sweep to the outside ... as they were last year. Tulloch in the middle is fine, but the LB corps needs halp. This is where Jones comes in, offering some pass rushing abilities on the edge and hopefully a little bit more of a run stopping presence on the outside. I mean, any ability to stop the run on the edge would be welcome right about now.

2.) Luke Joeckel - OT/Texas A&M

If Joeckel slips past Philly, you have to take him. The Lions' philosophy has been BPA for some time now, and for once, I would agree that this is a great pick-up. No, it does not address the defensive issues ... but you don't pass on an OT like Joeckel when your O-Line is as old as Detroit's is. Especially when you needed Jeff Backus gone yesterday. Reiff and Joeckel on the edges would work wonders for Detroit's passing game ... and put the pressure solely on Staffykins to step up and perform.

3.) Damonte Moore - DE/Texas A&M

Let's face it: Detroit's Disassembly Line might very well be disassembled itself. KVB's age is showing and he'll likely be shown the door. Avril is going to want megabucks that the Lions should not give him because he did little of note this season. That means there's going to be two big openings at DE next year, and lining up Moore with Suh and Fairley could be the recipe for a defensive core that gives Jay Cutler bed-wetting nightmares for years to come.

4.) Jake Matthews - OT/Texas A&M

Three A&M guys in the top 4 for Detroit? Well, they have needs, and should Matthews come out and Joeckel not be available at #5, I can see the Lions possibly taking him. Since the Lions have such a pass-heavy attack and Linehan is still OC, we may was well do what we can to keep Stafford upright and protected. God knows nothing masks a shit back 7 like an offense that actually works.

5.) Bjoern Werner - DE/Florida State

Same thing as Moore. Lions will need some DE help with KVB and Avril likely gone. I expect Werner to be gone by now, but if he and Moore are still left, it'll be a tough call.

Off the board:

Manti Te'o - LB/Notre Dame: No way, no how. Not after the game he just played.
Dee Milliner - CB/Alabama: I'm impressed with him, but unless Detroit trades back, we do not want him at #5. Too high for the CB crop in this year's draft ... and I have this sinking feeling we will end up with Honey Badger in the later rounds because Martin Mayhew don't give a shit.

Team needs:

Offensive line, defensive end, cornerback, safety, outside linebacker

Top Bottom