• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

mr2xxx

Banned
for the new page

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Robert Griffin expected to undergo surgery this week on torn LCL and at that time doctors will determine if any damage has been done to ACL.

So no PCL damage, that's at least good news. Should be starting by week 1 as long as he goes to Germany.

squicken

off topic I know, but it's so great to Gabe say that the motion gaming stuff is pointless. i'm not rah rah PC gaming guy, but it's clear that they guys there actually understand games and don't just try and run with buzzwords. i don't actually think that anyone at microsoft or sony know crap about what people want from their hardware

jbug617

Banned
off topic I know, but it's so great to Gabe say that the motion gaming stuff is pointless. i'm not rah rah PC gaming guy, but it's clear that they guys there actually understand games and don't just try and run with buzzwords. i don't actually think that anyone at microsoft or sony know crap about what people want from their hardware

Gabe wants to sell to the hardcore. Microsoft and Sony wants to sell to everybody. Also I think that Nextbox spec rumors seem interesting.

mr2xxx

Banned
As someone without a PC, I would buy a Steambox in a second.

That looked horribly overpriced for what you get. Better of getting that Alienware X51 if you something small and powerful. I guess they could do streaming but wouldn't a $100 on live console be better.

squicken

As someone without a PC, I would buy a Steambox in a second.

What people want from games:

Sit on a couch
Controllers
Use their TVs and not monitors
Good hardware that is quiet and doesn't look Fisher Price

What holds back steam is that using a mouse and keyboard is lame, and even if you can use a controller and htpc, most people aren't going to do that

for the new page

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Robert Griffin expected to undergo surgery this week on torn LCL and at that time doctors will determine if any damage has been done to ACL.

what the fuck?

Is this normal in any way? I can't imagine you have to cut into a knee with todays technology to determine if a guy has a torn ACL.

SMH

Hope though...hope.

Sit on a couch
Controllers

What holds back steam is that using a mouse and keyboard is lame, and even if you can use a controller and htpc, most people aren't going to do that

Easy to use

All of that other stuff is superfluous. the biggest knock on PC's has always been the configuring and tweaking. People don't want to bother with that shit. Steambox gives the advantages of Steam without bothering with all that other crap.

DeaconKnowledge said:
You know it's gonna happen.
Possible. The odds say the threat of firing is just as likely to lead to another Lombardi though.:)

All of that other stuff is superfluous. the biggest knock on PC's has always been the configuring and tweaking. People don't want to bother with that shit. Steambox gives the advantages of Steam without bothering with all that other crap.
That supposed "knock" is more of an assumption people make than the reality. Steam on PC is about as no muss/no fuss as it gets. configs and tweaking purely optional.

squicken

Easy to use

You can put out the easiest to use gaming machine in the world, and if it needs a mouse and keyboard, it's done. couch and tv have to be part of it

mr2xxx

Banned

Sit on a couch
Controllers

Steams Big picture has a great interface that can be completely used with a controller. Don't see an issue if you directly boot into it. Valve has the right idea but the same price and weaker than next gen systems isn't the answer.

You can put out the easiest to use gaming machine in the world, and if it needs a mouse and keyboard, it's done. couch and tv have to be part of it

All fits under easy to use. Keyboards are not.

Steams Big picture has a great interface that can be completely used with a controller. Don't see an issue if you directly boot into it. Valve has the right idea but the same price and weaker than next gen systems isn't the answer.

Power doesn't mean shit to anybody but gaming nerds. It's nowhere near as important as people would have you believe.

eznark

Banned

They've been working on haptic feedback, eye tracking, mind controller and all kinds of wacky shit. Dude is just as into gimmicks as the console people.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Gabe wants to sell to the hardcore. Microsoft and Sony wants to sell to everybody. Also I think that Nextbox spec rumors seem interesting.

That looked horribly overpriced for what you get. Better of getting that Alienware X51 if you something small and powerful. I guess they could do streaming but wouldn't a $100 on live console be better.

WTF are you going on about? Gabe obviously wants to expand the business, he already owns the hardest of the hardcore gamers. And what's overpriced? There is no Steambox, let alone a price for it yet.

eznark

Banned
WTF are you going on about? Gabe obviously wants to expand the business, he already owns the hardest of the hardcore gamers. And what's overpriced? There is no Steambox, let alone a price for it yet.

That piston thing is a piece of shit that couldn't even get 250k on kickstarter last year. That better not be what they are slapping their logo on.

Incredibly off Topic, but I have to dump this somewhere and I'm too tired to make up a football analogy for what's happening in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPOgvzVOQig

Good night, everyone.

Love how the little sister starts laughing even before her sister hits the ground.

:jnc Roland McClain arrested again for a window tint violation. He gave the cop a false name.

My god, how does somebody that stupid get dressed in the morning.

Still holding out for the day Coughlin finally moves on, huh Bill?

I know another Bill who would probably love Coughlin to move on if he also takes that asshat Eli with him.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
That piston thing is a piece of shit that couldn't even get 250k on kickstarter last year. That better not be what they are slapping their logo on.

Yeah, but it's not the Steambox. It's a third party solution, much like that thing Nvidia trotted out the other day. That being said, if they slapped some serious parts into that piston and mass produced it to get the cost down, I'd love it. My own little game cube. But not an actual gamecube. A cube. That plays games.

verbum

Is it true the Texans only scored one TD in the last month? They may have to crank it up a bit Sunday. I doubt 10 or 13 points beats NE.

Mrbob

And steam already has a controller interface. And it figured out a way to handle typing better than any of the console guys. Valve is awesome.

Valve :bow

I hope they come out with some sort of interface which can recreate the keyboard/mouse on your sofa. Then I could play Tropico 4 on my Plasma.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, but it's not the Steambox. It's a third party solution, much like that thing Nvidia trotted out the other day. That being said, if they slapped some serious parts into that piston and mass produced it to get the cost down, I'd love it. My own little game cube. But not an actual gamecube. A cube. That plays games.

Where does the GPU go? I kickstarter the thing just because I am interested in their tech for modular computing but I have no idea their solution for a robust GPU.

I'd love to see the local wireless HDMI tech take off. That's how I want to steam box.

squicken

eznark

Banned
Valve :bow

I hope they come out with some sort of interface which can recreate the keyboard/mouse on your sofa. Then I could play Tropico 4 on my Plasma.

True PC Gaming Savior Brad Wardell will create just that with his GameStop money. When they are release ill buy you an Enchantress Pad.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Where does the GPU go? I kickstarter the thing just because I am interested in their tech for modular computing but I have no idea their solution for a robust GPU.

I'd love to see the local wireless HDMI tech take off. That's how I want to steam box.

That's why I think people believing that's an actual Steambox are so off base. The piston or whatever it is, was built for specificity in tasks. It needs to be a bit bigger to add more modules and then they need to get with Nvidia or AMD to actually mass produce the graphics portion. Or just slap a Tegra in, fuck it.

And wireless HDMI would give me a steambox right now. Yes, please.

Mrbob

True PC Gaming Savior Brad Wardell will create just that with his GameStop money. When they are release ill buy you an Enchantress Pad.

I'm down. I can't even say anything bad about Stardock after Fallen Enchantress. They got their mojo back. Plus the Steam version is full of Steam features which is awesome.

eznark

Banned
That's why I think people believing that's an actual Steambox are so off base. The piston or whatever it is, was built for specificity in tasks. It needs to be a bit bigger to add more modules and then they need to get with Nvidia or AMD to actually mass produce the graphics portion. Or just slap a Tegra in, fuck it.

And wireless HDMI would give me a steambox right now. Yes, please.

That's the one thing my wife boionicd me on. No PC tower in the living room.

Bowser

My guess he joins his brother in NY.

Don't think so:

There’s a chance that Rob Ryan will join the Jets’ coaching staff, but Rex didn’t hire Rob when he was available two years ago. Rex reportedly will be making Dennis Thurman the new defensive coordinator in New York.

@BrianCoz: Forget about a Ryan brother tandem. Thurman is the new Jets defensive coordinator

Top Bottom