• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

DeaconKnowledge said:
Question for you guys. Which organization would you say drafts the best in the whole league?
Giants
Packers
Ravens
Steelers

Even with some misses in their last two drafts, I'd still put the Steelers on that list. They've been one of the examples of draft consistency over the years, IMO.

Giants
Packers
Ravens
Steelers

Even with some misses in their last two drafts, I'd still put the Steelers on that list. They've been one of the examples of draft consistency over the years, IMO.

Actualy last year's draft Turned out pretty well. Gilbert has a head full of rocks but both Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown look to have a future here, and Cam Heyward IMO is our best defensive end talent wise. Only reason he hasn't seen the field much is because he's sitting behind Keisel.

I would agree that those are the 4 teams that are the best in the league, though it makes sense since they all have similar philosophies.

Gotta be Packers or Seahawks. GB has longer history

btw Earl Thomas is in his 3rd year and is 23. Younger than both Russell and Bruce Irvin

Seahawks have drafted well recently, but I can't say they've done a great job consistently. Also it's easy to draft well when you get high draft picks every year. Packers, Steelers, Giants, and Ravens consistently draft from the bottom of the first round.

Bowser

Seems like Kiffin to Dallas is a done deal from the sounds of this:

Lacewell, the former Cowboys scouting director who remains a member of Jerry’s unofficial advisory committee, readily admits that he has a “man crush” on the 72-year-old Kiffin. The Cowboys met with Kiffin at Valley Ranch on Thursday, and Lacewell assumes his old friend will officially become Rob Ryan’s replacement soon.

“Frankly, I think it’s the best hire the Cowboys have ever made,” Lacewell told ESPNDallas.com on Friday morning. “Well, other than Jimmy [Johnson].”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4704666/larry-lacewell-on-monte-kiffin-best-hire-cowboys-ever-made?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Talon

I don't follow.
Adderall-Side-Effects-Drug.jpg

DeaconKnowledge said:
Actualy last year's draft Turned out pretty well. Gilbert has a head full of rocks but both Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown look to have a future here, and Cam Heyward IMO is our best defensive end talent wise. Only reason he hasn't seen the field much is because he's sitting behind Keisel.
It's difficult to have a topic of "best" in this regard because it really comes down to how you view draft success? Is it about getting a high impact "star" at every turn or supplementing your roster and building depth? Does having two-three good drafts in a row but a recent history of poor drafting mean you're the best (Seahawks for instance)? All four of the teams I listed have had misses and better drafts than others but I feel like they've each done a good job in doing both of the above mentioned on a consistent basis for an extended amount of time.

It's difficult to have a topic of "best" in this regard because it really comes down to how you view draft success? Is it about getting a high impact "star" at every turn or supplementing your roster and building depth? All four of the teams I listed have had misses and better drafts than others but I feel like they've each done a good job in doing both on a consistent basis for an extended amount of time.

The draft is a lottery. Nobody has any idea whether a guy will be a bust or a hall of famer based on their college performance. Because of that I think philosophy is important. Draft players that fit your system and play to your standards rather than looking to get physical freaks every year.

I wonder how many football players say that every year?

Also, it was probably for the best that the Niners didn't draft Rodgers. Doubt he would have been the same QB there.

No time to learn behind the great QB Brett Favre and without all the weapons he has in Packerland. He's just a system QB anyways.

Talon

Hopefully you guys are right and it doesnt work out. I wonder if he will do the old Tampa 2, since the Boys DL isnt close to the DL he had with the Bucs.
You can't trot out a Tampa 2 in this league anymore when everybody and their brother is utilizing a big TE or slot guy to blow the top off the defense down the seam.

Even the Bears under emphasized that look this season.

oneHeero

Hopefully you guys are right and it doesnt work out. I wonder if he will do the old Tampa 2, since the Boys DL isnt close to the DL he had with the Bucs.

I'd assume we'd be drafting DL and OL this coming draft lol. Obviously need some peeps on D for depth @ LB and just dline in general and oline of course.

You can't trot out a Tampa 2 in this league anymore when everybody and their brother is utilizing a big TE or slot guy to blow the top off the defense down the seam.

Even the Bears under emphasized that look this season.

Isn't that mostly because of their slow middle though? Cowboys have a speedier set of linebackers than the Bears do.

Bowser said:
Ed Werder says Boys will be moving to a 4-3 alignment
That goes without saying with Kiffin being their hire. It'll be interesting to say the least. Very curious to see what they do with Ware. He'll likely still play as a linebacker but I'm curious to see if Kiffin puts his hand on the ground as a 4-3 end.

Boys have a good group of linebackers and they've upgraded their corners. They need defensive line and safety help though. Not to mention offensive line help...

squicken

Seahawks have drafted well recently, but I can't say they've done a great job consistently. Also it's easy to draft well when you get high draft picks every year. Packers, Steelers, Giants, and Ravens consistently draft from the bottom of the first round.

Pete's had three drafts, and only one year was with high picks

2010: Okung(6), Earl Thomas(14), Tate, Chancellor

2011: Carpenter(22), Moffit, Wright, Sherman

2012: Irvin(15), Wagner, Wilson, Turbin

That shits right down the throat of anyone else's three year draft

Top 5 OT, best safety and best CB in football, core of OL, franchise QB, DROY LB, good not great pass rusher

They will be a dynasty if they hit on some WRs in the coming draft

bluemax

Banned

He was historically awful at USC. The players were under coached, constantly out of position and missed enormous amounts of tackles.

If he has those kinds of results with elite high school talent just imagine him in the NFL!

squicken

nobody is familiar with the nfcw b/c they are never the featured game on TV. SEA especially b/c they are in south alaska

after they win the SB and you guys realize how many elite, young, and cheap players they have under their control for years to come, you will see

Miguel

nobody is familiar with the nfcw b/c they are never the featured game on TV. SEA especially b/c they are in south alaska

after they win the SB and you guys realize how many elite, young, and cheap players they have under their control for years to come, you will see
Posturing for future squickening

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Texans fans setting themselves up to be really hated in the offseason.

Texans win: "I told you fuckers!! None of you assholes believed!! BULLSONPARADE

Texans lose: I knew it all along. Texans are trash. Never had faith in this shit team.

LOL who the heck here would do that? and mech jumped ship.

They are not going to win the SB. We already saw that Seattle is to small a market to get calls in a game like the SB. If they play the Pats or Broncos their DBs will get flagged like crazy.

Top Bottom