• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

cashman

Banned
Darin Gantt ‏@daringantt
There you go. RT @AlbertBreer: Carolina requested permission to interview Hue Jackson about its OC opening, w/Chud gone.

They're also saying Shurmur might be a possibility.

Bowser

tocrying.gif

Mrbob

I wonder if any restrictions for who a head coach can hire may be hindering the Bears hiring process? Don't know if it'll happen, but rumors suggest the Bears want to keep Rod Marinara as defensive coordinator and a bunch of defensive assistants. So perhaps the new head coach can't get "their guy" on defense. I would probably be Ok with this. The defense is getting older, but still productive. Number one in the Aikman ratings. The defensive players do not want to be involved in a total shake up. Besides, It's the offense which needs to be fixed.

Sucks for Lovie, though. He can't guarantee he can bring his defensive assistants at his new job.

Shurmur possibly to CAR. It's like once you are in the league you can never wash out for abject stupidity

Yup. It's a coaching carousel which constantly revolves.

It's covering his ass. If they win, he'll talk all sorts of shit NOBODY GAVE US A CHANCE WE DA BEST. If they lose, he gets to say I told you so.

Agreed.

Texans fans setting themselves up to be really hated in the offseason.

Texans win: "I told you fuckers!! None of you assholes believed!! BULLSONPARADE

Texans lose: I knew it all along. Texans are trash. Never had faith in this shit team.

Bowser

I read your post. But Hue will take his time and see where others land. Lots of coaches would love him as an OC, and can offer more job security. Or if Gruden gets a job he slides up to OC in Cincy

You're forgetting the Cam factor - gotta think he'd rather coach up Cam than Dalton. Also, Jackson, if the offense does well but the defense shits the bed, could get a HC interview in Carolina after next season as well.

squicken

You're forgetting the Cam factor - gotta think he'd rather coach up Cam than Dalton. Also, Jackson, if the offense does well but the defense shits the bed, could get a HC interview in Carolina after next season as well.

True. But there are still lots of openings. If Lovie, Horton or Zimmer land jobs they'll all need an OC. Good point on Cam, though. But I imagine once Rivera is gone candidates will be lining up for that job.

I'm not trying to beat this dying horse, but a lame duck HC hurts. They really needed to fire him. It's the same issue with the Jets, though of course they are far worse off

True. But there are still lots of openings. If Lovie, Horton or Zimmer land jobs they'll all need an OC. Good point on Cam, though. But I imagine once Rivera is gone candidates will be lining up for that job.

I'm not trying to beat this dying horse, but a lame duck HC hurts. They really needed to fire him. It's the same issue with the Jets, though of course they are far worse off

Not if the Jets MAKE REX GM

Striker

Chud loves TE's. Watson is getting older so unless he loves Cameron they'll be in line for another in FA or the draft.

CB, WR, and OLB early.

Bowser

Chud loves TE's. Watson is getting older so unless he loves Cameron they'll be in line for another in FA or the draft.

CB, WR, and OLB early.

Maybe he'll bring Shockey back to the league (Panthers and UM connection). He played really well in 2011 and I think it was pretty obvious, at least early in the season, that the team missed his swagger.

Smokey

Texans fans setting themselves up to be really hated in the offseason.

Texans win: "I told you fuckers!! None of you assholes believed!! BULLSONPARADE

Texans lose: I knew it all along. Texans are trash. Never had faith in this shit team.

and what exactly is wrong with this? thats all thats been talked about all week. literally nobody in america believes they will win save for texans fans. if they win it will be a huge miracle and upset.

Striker

Maybe he'll bring Shockey back to the league (Panthers and UM connection). He played really well in 2011 and I think it was pretty obvious, at least early in the season, that the team missed his swagger.
Kellen Winslow also if he has anything left.

and what exactly is wrong with this? thats all thats been talked about all week. literally nobody in america believes they will win save for texans fans. if they win it will be a huge miracle and upset.
I'm not worried about the smack talking so this isn't really related to that but I'm curious, do you think the Texans will win this weekend? Are there any Texans fans here who think they will? It'd be cool to see at least one or two with some confidence in the team.

Smokey

I'm not worried about the smack talking so this isn't really related to that but I'm curious, do you think the Texans will win this weekend? Are there any Texans fans here who think they will? It'd be cool to see at least one or two with some confidence in the team.

Yes

or

this is where they are used to being..the underdogs..they weren't used to being the top dog this season. maybe next season..but they have no choice but to play loose this game. plus hearing people say you suck as a grown man tends to want to make you prove people wrong...and the fact that they were embrassased last time.

Miguel

I am more and more thinking it'll be a career defining game for Schaub. I was a bit exaggerated with my last prediction but not by much. 31 to 24. Schaub 3 td and 300+

Smokey

I am more and more thinking it'll be a career defining game for Schaub. I was a bit exaggerated with my last prediction but not by much. 31 to 24. Schaub 3 td and 300+

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollooolol

schaub 2 td 1 int 230 yds more realistic

even 2 td is pushing it

all that matters is we believe brother

Narag

I can see him rising to the occasion in this game, the most important of his career.

bionic77

Schaub is no Flacco. He doesn't have the balls to hand off to a star running back or throw for gamin winning PI flags the way Flacco does.

I hope I am wrong though and we see a repeat of what the Ravens did when they destroyed the Pats, except this time I won't feel bad about seeing a team of murderers and thugs winning!

ari

Banned
all teams spend on players. it's all the other stuff. facilities, coaches, assistant coaches. lots of team won't fire a coach b/c they don't want to eat his salary. or they won't pay good money for a coordinator. top flight OCs in college make a $1m/yr now. there's no cap on coaches, and it's pretty clear now what a good coach can mean for a team
The bears are eating lovies reminding contract because Emery said money ain't an issue.

Not sure why people think the bears still got this cheap attitude when they have some of the highest paid coaches and players in the league.

Bowser

Mary Kay Cabot @MaryKayCabot
Chud will decide if he or OC will call plays. Will have shared final say on 53-man roster w/ others.
Like I said. Not sure why Norv would head there if he won't be calling plays. What's the point?

Top Bottom