• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Divisional 2012 |OT| Schaubenfraud

squicken

I already have my second team, the Colts. I will always hate Cheatin' Pete and his band of chemical fiends. But until the Feds step in, they will be dominant

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What? When?

He went nuts over Schaub and Kubes even with the W against the Bengals. He gives the Texans no chance, keeps shitting on them and sports a Broncos avatar and is rooting for them.

If anyone does what you say here though... it would only be him.

(It slowly started during the Vikes game and his hate for those two exploded in the Colts game and has continued on)

He went nuts over Schaub and Kubes even with the W against the Bengals. He gives the Texans no chance, keeps shitting on them and sports a Broncos avatar and is rooting for them.

If anyone does what you say here though... it would only be him.

(It slowly started during the Vikes game and his hate for those two exploded in the Colts game and has continued on)

You sure that's not just an elaborate reverse jinxing?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
What kind of fucking sports fans are you guys?

I'm dying with my Schoob this Sunday.

Too many people here though having two favorite teams or a back up team. Makes me feel sick :(

"You sure that's not just an elaborate reverse jinxing? "

Might be, so he again would be the only one who goes crazy and talks shit if we beat the Pats.

Matrix

Everyone is going to shit talk whoever loses, except BAL, b/c they only have like 3 fans here

lol and a joke character who posts for Flacco

Vio-Lence

Banned
not sure cowboys fans should be excited over the kiffin hire. he's been awful at USC and out of the nfl for quite a while. life support lovie would have been a better d-coordinator hire. bears have been running more single safety and showing different blitz looks the past few seasons as well. by most statistical rankings, the bears defense has been the top d in the nfl the past few seasons.

squicken

I know. I like to think it was part of a bet. lol

Harbs has really been a disappointment this year. I think a lot of what we are seeing is what Fangio's problem was in Houston. With great players, sure, simple works. But now that they need some cleverness to compensate for some talent deficiencies, he is clueless. I think JSmith has a torn triceps and will be ineffective. If he is, then they are done.

Will need his offense to shootout GB, and that's just not going to happen

Mrbob

That Jimmy Johnson tweet is strange. Supposedly the Bears have 4 candidates they want to bring back for second interviews this weekend. Of course, Trestman denies even being contacted by the Bears after the interview.

Wonder if Jimmy is tweeting on behalf of the NFL? Supposedly the NFL Front Office is pissed at Emery for interviewing so many candidates. They are thinking he is interviewing for intel now versus trying a hire head coach.

Even if that tweet is true, he is hurting Trestman's chances at getting the job. Emery likes to have everything on lock down. That would be a trust issue right away if info got leaked behind his back.

JCizzle

Harbs has really been a disappointment this year. I think a lot of what we are seeing is what Fangio's problem was in Houston. With great players, sure, simple works. But now that they need some cleverness to compensate for some talent deficiencies, he is clueless. I think JSmith has a torn triceps and will be ineffective. If he is, then they are done.

Will need his offense to shootout GB, and that's just not going to happen

Disappointment? They're a 2 seed, it's not like they missed the playoffs. Just inconsistent like every team this year.

squicken

That Jimmy Johnson tweet is strange. Supposedly the Bears have 4 candidates they want to bring back for second interviews this weekend. Of course, Trestman denies even being contacted by the Bears after the interview.

Wonder if Jimmy is tweeting on behalf of the NFL? Supposedly the NFL Front Office is pissed at Emery for interviewing so many candidates. They are thinking he is interviewing for intel now versus trying a hire head coach.

McCaskeys just trying to find the cheapest guys. Drum up supply to lower the cost of the next HC

Mrbob

who do you think the 4 candidates are: Trestman, McCoy, Clements, Sullivan?

I had that partially wrong. Second interviews aren't this weekend. The finalist interviews are supposed to happen next week. He is supposed to interview the Texans OC (why?), Seattle OC tomorrow, and then the Colts OC on sunday. Then he'll compile his list and pick the final four for interviews next week.

I think Sullivan is a lock for a final interview. Supposedly the first interview went great, and twice as long as anticipated (6 hours). I hope not about Clements. He seems like a yes man.

McCaskeys just trying to find the cheapest guys. Drum up supply to lower the cost of the next HC

Too true. :(

Vio-Lence

Banned

People still talking about the McCaskey's being cheap are stuck 20 years in the past. The Bears have been spending money on Free Agency in the past decade. I won't say they've signed good players, but the players get paid.

Ænima;46326226 said:
You think a 10-6 season sucks?

My god Patriot fans are such spoiled little shits. How many of these "fans" (including Alligatorjandro) will bail out after Brady and Belichick leave?

They should have probably won 3 more games that year.When Welker got hurt,the season was done.

squicken

People still talking about the McCaskey's being cheap are stuck 20 years in the past. The Bears have been spending money on Free Agency in the past decade. I won't say they've signed good players, but the players get paid.

all teams spend on players. it's all the other stuff. facilities, coaches, assistant coaches. lots of team won't fire a coach b/c they don't want to eat his salary. or they won't pay good money for a coordinator. top flight OCs in college make a $1m/yr now. there's no cap on coaches, and it's pretty clear now what a good coach can mean for a team

Ænima

They should have probably won 3 more games that year.When Welker got hurt,the season was done.
I'm not saying it was a storybook season for the Patriots. Obviously any year that your team doesn't win the SB could be better.

My point is I don't think newer Pats fans will be able to handle being in the shame circle post-Brady/Belichick. There will be squickening en masse.

Vio-Lence

Banned
all teams spend on players. it's all the other stuff. facilities, coaches, assistant coaches. lots of team won't fire a coach b/c they don't want to eat his salary. or they won't pay good money for a coordinator. top flight OCs in college make a $1m/yr now. there's no cap on coaches, and it's pretty clear now what a good coach can mean for a team

Lovie Smith was the highest paid head coach in the NFL for a while at 5.5 or 6.0 million a season. They are eating his salary, and the rest of the staff most likely unless they keep hot rod marinera to be the DC. Bears ain't cheap.

Ænima;46326664 said:
I'm not saying it was a storybook season for the Patriots. Obviously any year that your team doesn't win the SB could be better.

My point is I don't think newer Pats fans will be able to handle being in the shame circle post-Brady/Belichick. There will be squickening en masse.

Maybe.

Ænima;46326664 said:

I'm cool with the bandwagoners leaving after Belichick and Brady leave.

Bowser

Darin Gantt ‏@daringantt
There you go. RT @AlbertBreer: Carolina requested permission to interview Hue Jackson about its OC opening, w/Chud gone.

Interesting

edit: Shurmer also a candidate, worked with Rivera in PHI. Would prefer Jackson though.

Top Bottom