• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

I'm annoyed by that 49ers fleece job. Cost me 160 points on my draft board despite nailing both teams' picks. <sticks out tongue>

We have to have to have to HAVE TO have a cornerback.
Doesn't seem like any of the highly-coveted CBs are slipping this year.

Browns again?!!!
ronswanson-drunk.gif

Doorman

Who though? Do any of these remaining offensive lineman or defensive lineman separate themselves from 2nd, 3rd or 4th round offensive lineman or defensive lineman?

I know I'm probably the only LionsGAF member who thinks this but I honestly wouldn't mind Jaelan Strong at the #23 pick. We can add depth to the offensive and defensive lines in the later rounds. You can never have to many offensive, impact play makers.

I really wanted Melvin Gordon.
5Q2j5gS.png

I will admit, I don't entirely know how all of the linemen really grade out as far as how good they might be and how they compare to later potential picks, but I do know that, to me, neither of the first round running backs really wowed me enough to feel comfortable that they'd be true difference-makers running behind our line as it's currently constructed. I suppose the chance of things working or not working either way was probably about the same, I just feel like I'd rather put more of an investment into the middle on either side of the line than any skill positions.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
1 - Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston, qb, FSU
2 - Tennessee - Marcus Mariota, qb, OU
3 - Jacksonville - Dante Fowler Jr, de, UF
4 - Oakland - Amari Cooper, wr, Ala
5 - Washington - Brandon Scherff, ot, Iowa
6 - NY Jets - Leonard Williams, de, USC
7 - Chicago - Kevin White, wr, WVU
8 - Atlanta - Vic Beasley, olb, Clem
9 - NY Giants - Ereck Flowers, ot, UM
10 - St. Louis - Todd Gurley, rb, UGA
11 - VikeBike - Trae Waynes, cb, MSU
12 - Cleveland - Danny Shelton, dt, UW
13 - New Orleans - Andrus Peat, ot, Stan
14 - Miami - DeVante Parker, wr, Lou
15 - San Diego* - Melvin Gordon, rb, Wisc
16 - Houston - Kevin Johnson, cb, WF
17 - San Francisco* - Arik Armstead, dt, OU
18 - Kansas City - Marcus Peters, cb, UW

I don't know much about the college prospects this year, but I approve of the armstead pick. justin smith is probably going to retire and if we want to have a chance in this division we need to maintain a strong front 7

cdyhybrid

I figured the Chiefs might go CB, and I'm good with this pick. Emmitt Thomas can coach up almost anybody.
Marcus has had to do a lot of growing up in the last few months, he's a fiery dude and really competitive. If they can get through to him at all he could be really good.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions reporters bringing up Perriman. My god if we draft a fucking WR...

Please not Perriman. Perriman has no hands and DHB worries me in a number of way.

Fuck it, the best player available is Jaelen Strong. 6'4, 205 lb runs a 4.4 40 yard time. If he's available at #23 let's take him.

a1ff4bb0-678d-11e4-a62f-ed66940f0146_JalenStrong1.gif

Marcus has had to do a lot of growing up in the last few months, he's a fiery dude and really competitive. If they can get through to him at all he could be really good.
Yep, he's who I wanted if we don't get a top pass rush but with Dupree, Gregory and Ray still on the board I'll survive

I don't know much about the college prospects this year, but I approve of the armstead pick. justin smith is probably going to retire and if we want to have a chance in this division we need to maintain a strong front 7

kentwan balmer 2.0 i fucking guarantee it. baalke sucks at drafting first rounders for the most part. at least we picked up a couple picks to move down. armstead will not be a niner in 3 years

SonnyBoy

I'm starting to warm up on the pick too. As a USC fan I really wanted Williams, but OL was definitely a need. If Scherff ends up being good to great, nobody will remember that he might have been a reach.

Well, according to Gruden Iowa runs a traditional offense. So it was very easy to discern what to expect from him at the NFL level. Hopefully that nasty-streak of his is contagious.

kentwan balmer 2.0 i fucking guarantee it. baalke sucks at drafting first rounders for the most part. at least we picked up a couple picks to move down. armstead will not be a niner in 3 years

Who would you like to have picked instead? a WR? I feel like we still need a guard or a center but who would be worth it at 17? Maybe a CB too but who's left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom