• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

Tim McManus, Eagles beat reporter: "Two 1sts, future 2nd round, Cox, Kendricks, and Vinny Curry is the latest package to be in the deal."

#MariotaOrBust

If I'm Tennessee I do that in a heartbeat. If I'm the Eagles I try to put in Boykin and try to hold on to Cox.

Would a deal like this return our 2016 2nd round pick from the Rams?

I wonder how far La'el Collins will fall. Seems like a deliberate bullshit leak to ruin his stock to me...

According to the police he's not a suspect. Depending on what his draft stock/consensus is now I'd love for the Lions to take him in the second or third round...

effzee

I wonder how far La'el Collins will fall. Seems like a deliberate bullshit leak to ruin his stock to me...

According to the police he's not a suspect. Depending on what his draft stock/consensus is now I'd love for the Lions to take him in the second or third round...

I've heard Schefter say this morning he might go undrafted. Teams are scared he might be more involved due to lack of information right now.

I'd take the risk on him if he is there in the 4th-5th round.

I've heard Schefter say this morning he might go undrafted. Teams are scared he might be more involved due to lack of information right now.

I'd take the risk on him if he is there in the 4th-5th round.

Damn I didn't know that...

In that case yea, I'd take him in the fou- oh wait, we don't have a fourth round pick. Thanks Mayhew. 5th round.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I hope we take Amari Cooper. We desperately need a #1 receiver and nobody seemed to really want to step into the roll.

Go Jags!

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Damn I didn't know that...

In that case yea, I'd take him in the fou- oh wait, we don't have a fourth round pick. Thanks Mayhew. 5th round.
I'm sure there's a punter we need more in those rounds than a first round caliber lineman. Don't worry. You can never have enough depth at punter.

effzee

Chris Mortensen " Eagles are not getting MM"

Says Bradford won't go along with it. Doesn't want to play for Cleveland.

Chris Mortensen " Eagles are not getting MM"

Says Bradford won't go along with it. Doesn't want to play for Cleveland.
I'm happy Bradford doesn't like wonderful cities like the Cleve.

Serious though He is playing for a contract, he'd be able to do good here. But probably wouldn't put up the numbers he would want. So not the Most ideal situation
Edit: and pretty sure the Browns would ask for more then just Bradford

effzee

I'm happy Bradford doesn't like wonderful cities like the Cleve.

Serious though He is playing for a contract, he'd be able to do good here. But probably wouldn't put up the numbers he would want. So not the Most ideal situation
Edit: and pretty sure the Browns would ask for more then just Bradford

Browns previously offered a first round pick to the Rams. Rams preferred Eagles deal cause it included Foles.

Browns then offered #19 to Eagles for Bradford. I think they are willing to part with one of their #1 picks to get Bradford.

Tim McManus, Eagles beat reporter: "Two 1sts, future 2nd round, Cox, Kendricks, and Vinny Curry is the latest package to be in the deal."

#MariotaOrBust

Hmmm I'm not so sure about that. It's a lot to give up. Those guys are some of our best defensemen.

effzee

Hmmm I'm not so sure about that. It's a lot to give up. Those guys are some of our best defensemen.

True but Curry is a rotational guy. Kendricks would be replaced by Alonso.

Cox would be the real loss here and someone they would need to replace in this draft. But again at the end of the day a franchise QB who Chip thinks is P.Manning like is worth so much more than Cox.

I like this deal only cause if we lose the first round pick (#20) and possibly lose a chance to pick up a starting CB (Byron Jones), we still have this year's 2nd round pick plus we retain Boykin who is a starter if moved into the lineup.

Starting CBs would then be Maxwell and Boykin with Thurmond/Caroll/ and last year's draft pick Watkins (Sammy Watkins 's brother) to round up the nickel backs.

Eagles could still then pick up a starting OL, S, WR at pick 52.

BigAT

At this point I'm pretty sure Eagles fans and reporters are just reaching into a bingo hopper to come up with speculation for what a trade would look like.

"My sources are saying the Eagles are set to acquire the #2 overall pick in exchange for...

bingo_ball_color_winner_md_wm.gif

a first round pick...

Fletcher Cox...

a sniff of Mark Sanchez's fingers...

a second round pick...

and a night with Chip Kelly's girlfriend. You heard it here first folks."

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
As a fan of not the Eagles, I'm excited by the prospect of them trading their team/future for Mariota. I don't know if any QB prospect in recent memory, outside of Luck, would be worth some of the reported offers.

effzee

At this point I'm pretty sure Eagles fans and reporters are just reaching into a bingo hopper to come up with speculation for what a trade would look like.

"My sources are saying the Eagles are set to acquire the #2 overall pick in exchange for...

bingo_ball_color_winner_md_wm.gif

a first round pick...

Fletcher Cox...

a sniff of Mark Sanchez's fingers...

a second round pick...

and a night with Chip Kelly's girlfriend. You heard it here first folks."

While I don't think it's happening I do see how all these rumors are credible.

Chip loves MM. Eagles have question marks all over at QB. Chip has already shown willingness to trade players for less than expected. Kendricks has been rumored to be on the trading block ever since it was revealed Eagles don't seem to be negotiating a new contract with him.

effzee

I doubt the Eagles are stupid enough to trade up for Mariota.

Why would it be stupid if they truly believe he is that guy who can lead them to a SB?

Cox and Kendricks are terrific young players but this D was atrocious even with them. They have some depth at LB and DL so they can afford to part with them in order to get a franchise QB. If they can somehow do this deal without including Cox it would be even better!

More over in these scenarios they don't trade away all their draft picks. They essentially lose this year's #1 only and a future 2nd round pick. Oh and by trading away Bradford they also get back from the Rams a 2016 2nd round pick.

gutshot

My prediction:

The Eagles trade Cox, Curry, no. 20, no. 52, and their 2016 1st to get up to 2 and select Marcus Mariota.

They trade Sam Bradford for no. 19 and select Byron Jones.

They trade Mychal Kendricks and a late-round pick for a 2nd round pick and select Stephone Anthony.

Kriken

#MariotaOrBust

I'm not sure I would've felt comfortable trading that for Andrew Luck, much less Mariota. The Titans must be giddy though with the prospect of that #2 pick, although i'd laugh if the Bucs took Mariota instead of Winston

Mike Mayock's mock draft:

32. NE - Randy Gregory, DE/OLB

How the fuck does this happen?

effzee

"We didn't bring Sam in here to be a chip. I'm the only 'chip' here."

I doubt that statement prevents him from moving up if they get a deal in place.

What will prevent it is Bradford's conditions about noor extending with the Browns. Bradford believes his best chance to revive his career is playing for the Eagles under Chip Kelly and Pat Shurmur.

Don't blame him. I'm 99% sure he is here to stay. Just hope he restructures and extends with a cap friendly deal. If he stays healthy Chip will put him in a position to be successful.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I'm not sure I would've felt comfortable trading that for Andrew Luck, much less Mariota. The Titans must be giddy though with the prospect of that #2 pick, although i'd laugh if the Bucs took Mariota instead of Winston

How the fuck does this happen?

Gregory is falling, failed test for mj and reports saying he has on the field issues to (could be people leaking bs to hope he falls further).

Why would it be stupid if they truly believe he is that guy who can lead them to a SB?

Cox and Kendricks are terrific young players but this D was atrocious even with them. They have some depth at LB and DL so they can afford to part with them in order to get a franchise QB. If they can somehow do this deal without including Cox it would be even better!

More over in these scenarios they don't trade away all their draft picks. They essentially lose this year's #1 only and a future 2nd round pick. Oh and by trading away Bradford they also get back from the Rams a 2016 2nd round pick.

The Eagles front 7 is very good. The only problem with the defense was the secondary. I would rather see the Eagles draft Byron Jones. I also don't think they get the conditional pick back from the Rams.

effzee

The Eagles front 7 is very good. The only problem with the defense was the secondary. I would rather see the Eagles draft Byron Jones. I also don't think they get the conditional pick back from the Rams.

They already shook the secondary up. Starters Maxwell and Boykin are already an improvement over Fletcher and Cox.

And if they trade players away and keep some of their picks, they can still add CBs in the 2nd or 3rd.

My prediction:

The Eagles trade Cox, Curry, no. 20, no. 52, and their 2016 1st to get up to 2 and select Marcus Mariota.

They trade Sam Bradford for no. 19 and select Byron Jones.

They trade Mychal Kendricks and a late-round pick for a 2nd round pick and select Stephone Anthony.

This would be amazing. We still could get a quality OL (Collins?) later on.

gutshot

They already shook the secondary up. Starters Maxwell and Boykin are already an improvement over Fletcher and Cox.

And if they trade players away and keep some of their picks, they can still add CBs in the 2nd or 3rd.

This would be amazing. We still could get a quality OL (Collins?) later on.

Yeah, I suspect they would add OL and DL depth in the later rounds and probably snag a high-upside WR like Chris Conley. They may also trade Boykin for even more picks.

I think the Titans are almost guaranteed to move out of the #2 spot. I can see them swapping with the Jets or Rams and taking Kevin White.

If the Raiders pass on Amari Cooper, someone needs to lose their job.

Everyone here in Atlanta is talking about a pass rusher, but I want to see what they'll do at #8 if the top three pass rushers are gone. I don't think they'll have the balls to take Gurley or another wide receiver when they have nothing on defense.

I hope we take Amari Cooper. We desperately need a #1 receiver and nobody seemed to really want to step into the roll.

Go Jags!

But we have Robinson, Lee and even Hurns has been pretty damn good. Now with our new star TE in the fold I don't think we go WR. We need DE, LB, OL help.

But we have Robinson, Lee and even Hurns has been pretty damn good. Now with our new star TE in the fold I don't think we go WR. We need DE, LB, OL help.

Just because you pay him a large amount of money doesn't mean he's a star TE. He's more an average, glorified receiver who was lucky to play with Peyton in an extremely pass happy/record whoring offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom