• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2015 |OT| With the First Pick in the 2015 NFL Draft…

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

@MaryKayCabot
#Browns do not want to surrender their first-rounder in 2016 to land Marcus Mariota.

Browns out of the Mariota sweepstakes?

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
All this talk about Philly selling the farm to get Mariotta...could they get Kaepernick for cheaper? I'd take Kaep (who came from a spread system) way before the totally unproven Mariotta.

All this talk about Philly selling the farm to get Mariotta...could they get Kaepernick for cheaper? I'd take Kaep (who came from a spread system) way before the totally unproven Mariotta.

EhBZhst.jpg

As much as I think Kaep is overrated... I think that would be the better option for Philly. I highly doubt SF would be willing to trade Kaep at this point.

gutshot

We check and see if gutshot is okay.

That would be the worst. But I don't see it happening.

That was discussed a month or so ago, when it was rumored that Kaepernick might be available. But nothing really came of it. Personally, I think Chip would prefer Mariota over Kaepernick unless they could get Kaep for a song.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
How are they at all similar other than the fact that they're both black?

Potential head case. Vince young would have been fine if he wasn't a head case. Jameis can be fine but he has some head case tendencies.

And the blatantly obvious fact that I was talking about the Titans taking him, and they previously took Vince young.

offtopic

That would be the worst. But I don't see it happening.

That was discussed a month or so ago, when it was rumored that Kaepernick might be available. But nothing really came of it. Personally, I think Chip would prefer Mariota over Kaepernick unless they could get Kaep for a song.

Kaep was never available except maybe in the dreams of some bay area media who want him gone really badly because he doesn't smile during his interviews.

Chip would be a fool to want Mariotta over Kaep but I understand they have a history.

jmood88

Potential head case. Vince young would have been fine if he wasn't a head case. Jameis can be fine but he has some head case tendencies.

And the blatantly obvious fact that I was talking about the Titans taking him, and they previously took Vince young.
Vince Young didn't appear to have any problems before the draft and Jameis's problems haven't looked like anything that happened with Vince. As for your second part, do you also say that any running back they draft would be Eddie George 2.0? Why couldn't Jameis be a second Steve McNair?

This is the time of year people make the laziest comparisons possible.

jfoul

Jameis Winston reminds me of Byron Leftwich when it comes to size, mobility and slow release. I would be super nervous picking this guy #1 overall, but sometimes teams need to take a chance and roll the dice.

Jarnet87

So what happens in the totally unlikely, yet completely predictable, scenario that the Bucs fuck up and pick Mariota over Winston?

idnuTZ6wuwNHR.gif

The silver lining is that in 2 years when Mariota is benched I can revel in the bitter sweet victory of saying I told you so to Bucs fans who wanted him over the Pirate King Jameis.

@ jfoul he's working on his release time and form, should be quicker with practice. it was much quicker at the combine, saw a breakdown on some pro football focus show.

Worth noting that the Eagles have been relatively successful with QBs who are either below Kaep on that list (Foles) or don't even appear (Sanchez). If you had to pick between Kaep and Mariotta, contracts aside, Kaep is obviously the better choice. When the contract comes into it, who knows.

There are still a lot of questions as to whether MAriotta can play in the NFL, and while Kaepernick has flaws (glaring ones now that defenses have adjusted to him), he's proven that he can cut it in the NFL.

So what happens in the totally unlikely, yet completely predictable, scenario that the Bucs fuck up and pick Mariota over Winston?

Not happening. If the Bucs have the #1 pick, they're drafting Winston.

offtopic

Worth noting that the Eagles have been relatively successful with QBs who are either below Kaep on that list (Foles) or don't even appear (Sanchez). If you had to pick between Kaep and Mariotta, contracts aside, Kaep is obviously the better choice. When the contract comes into it, who knows.

There are still a lot of questions as to whether MAriotta can play in the NFL, and while Kaepernick has flaws (glaring ones now that defenses have adjusted to him), he's proven that he can cut it in the NFL.

Kaep's only glaring flaws were an offensive line that didn't allow him to ever get his feet set, receivers that couldn't get any separation and an offensive system that aimed to move football back 50 years. My guess is that there is no way the 49ers were open to dealing him under 'any' circumstances.

eznark

Banned
A shame that you can't in that case.

I thought you wanted a thread to talk football, seems like more football talk going on here than the offseason thread.

I wanted the football thread to talk about football, but apparently it is so far gone that to talk football we need a new thread!

gutshot

I wanted the football thread to talk about football, but apparently it is so far gone that to talk football we need a new thread!

NFL-GAF needs its own OT forum where they can post about anime, video games and comic book movies to their heart's content.

What are you saying here? RGIII is ranked 2 on that list lmao

He throws a ton of screens.

His problem really is holding the ball. On plays where he is asked to be an NFL QB he fails. On passing situations vs pass coverage he sucks. Doesn't see where to go with the ball.

The sacks taken after 3 seconds, the fumbles, the interceptions.
Remember lord of the trolls Skip Bayless' Andrew Luck INT turrets when 2.9% of his passes were to the other team? RGIII was 2.8% in 2014.

effzee

Who is this Benjamin Albright fella? He keeps mentioning that besides the Eagles no team has real interest in MM. That most have a late first round grade on him.

Seems to be the one going against what others are reporting.

Credible guy?

jmood88

Funny how black QBs are only compared to black QBs...

It's so damn hilarious and sad. People are always limiting their comparisons to guys of the same race, as if there aren't a bunch of other quarterbacks that guy could be compared to (if you have to do a comparison at all). Every white quarterback who can run gets compared to Fran Tarkenton, every short white receiver is the next Wes Welker, and every black quarterback gets at least one guy comparing them to Michael Vick no matter what.

To be fair, complaining seems much more natural for ez than not. So I gotta side with him on this one, Dutch. Show your evidence, Phoenix Wright style, please.

Eznark was banned during last years draft.

So there is not a single complaint on record from last year.

Case closed.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Jameis is obviously hoping to be a Rofflescheeseburger v2.

Jamarcus was a lazy pants and Jameis isn't.

Byron Leftwich had a run in with the mob as a teenager and never managed to get the concrete off his legs. Jameis can take off of necessary and do a good job at shifting on the pocket to buy a little time.

Vince young turned out to be a head case, and Jameis has that potential in my opinion. I still think that comparison had nothing top do with race.

andycapps

Funny how black QBs are only compared to black QBs...

Okay, with my comparison with white QB's let's go with Manziel. Both made boneheaded mistakes in college. Manziel has kept making them, and I wouldn't be shocked if Winston continued as well. My comparison to Russell was because Winston already has a gut, wouldn't shock me if he shows up out of shape to camp. Also, Russell had unbelievable athletic skills (unlike Manziel) but had horrible attitude and dedication.

You guys got me, I sure am a racist. NFL threads always this touchy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom