• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godslay

Banned
Pats select DT Vincent Valentine.

Vincent-vincent-valentine-35735607-1920-1080.jpg

_woLf

shaun alexander is kinda making me uncomfortable

i don't really have an opinion on the vannett pick. what are peoples thoughts on him?

Furyous

Trade Cody to whatever team drafts Cardale. The fuck are we doing drafting Cody? This is another one of those head scratching QB selections along with Brandon Weeden over Russell Wilson that has me wondering what type of kush is passed around the Browns front office. What in thee blue fuck is up with this BS selection? USC grooms horrible NFL QBs for the most part. Everyone after Sanchez is horrible by QB standards.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST: This is hands down the worst pick of the third round.

cdyhybrid

shaun alexander is kinda making me uncomfortable

i don't really have an opinion on the vannett pick. what are peoples thoughts on him?

Radio saying he's a well-rounded TE. Can block, good route-running, good hands. Not gonna burn guys down the middle but he can get open underneath.

We needed a blocking TE, Jimmy's healthy is a question, and Luke Willson is an UFA next season, so I like it.

Hawks select OT Reese Odhiambo.

Wooooooo OL!

_woLf

Radio saying he's a well-rounded TE. Can block, good route-running, good hands. Not gonna burn guys down the middle but he can get open underneath.

We needed a blocking TE, Jimmy's healthy is a question, and Luke Willson is an UFA next season, so I like it.

Wooooooo OL!

yeah if he can block I really have no problem with it. that'll help the OL too.

i'm so fucking glad that the seahawks are finally addressing the OL issue. throw as many bodies at that line as you can, cable

Doorman

So, the Lions with Graham Glasgow. The theme of my reaction to every pick we've had so far is a slight shrug an a "well okay, I can live with that pick I guess," and this one's no exception. Not a lot of excitement to be had in any of this but a lot of shoring up the lines isn't something I can really complain about. I do wonder what this means for Travis Swanson, if he just becomes depth or if he may challenge Laken Tomlinson for one of the guard spots.

Nothing to complain about but I don't feel wowed, either. I wouldn't mind that if I felt we already had a more solid team.

Kessler is a head-scratcher with Cook still on the board. Must be some serious red flags about Cook as he continues to fall.

Don't know much about Cody, but the description they gave about him on ESPN wasn't too promising. Sounds like a total backup guy to keep for cheap if they grab a QB early next year.

Mortemis

Banned
So OL, DT, RB, TE, OL. A little defense lite but I'm happy.

Can't wait to see these guys and whoever comes next in camp and preseason.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions pick Center, Graham Glasgow, University of Michigan

Got a Buckeye and Wolverine to help fortify the line. I like the pick. Travis Swanson was essentially a rookie last year and played badly. He had to switch play books mid season and had a shoulder injury mid season that he played through (which required surgery).

I like the pick because just in case either Laken Tomlinson or Travis Swanson go down Graham provides that extra depth at either Center of Guard.

I was almost hoping we would go Connor Cook with this pick but he could be there and we have 6 draft picks from Rounds 4-7.

Connor Cook is IMO the best QB available and Bob Quinn has already said he's brining the Patriots philosophy of drafting a QB every year or so to Detroit.

We haven't drafted a QB since we took Stafford #1 in the 2009 draft so he essentially said we're taking a QB in this draft. Why not take a risk on a guy like Cook, let him develop/mature 3-4 years and see what you have.

He's probably already better than our current backup, Dan Orlowsky.

I'm venturing into the sewers tonight. Wish me luck.

Jolly Cooperation for the sewers!

cdyhybrid

I was under the assumption #RGCLEgend was gonna be starting this year anyway, even if they won't say it right now.

Kessler is probably a backup.

Cagey

Banned
Kessler is a head-scratcher with Cook still on the board. Must be some serious red flags about Cook as he continues to fall.

Don't know much about Cody, but the description they gave about him on ESPN wasn't too promising. Sounds like a total backup guy to keep for cheap if they grab a QB early next year.
The red flag is that he sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom