• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bucs used a 2nd round pick to draft a Prince impersonator?

Florida_St_Media_Day_Footba.JPG

Ignore feature should use it if you don't like my opinions...
Nah, I just prefer to actually engage you on some kind of positive opinion you have of the Giants (being that you're a fan, right?) I'm sure there's one or two in there. Team been shit for three years so I get it but there are Browns fans that have better things to say about their franchise. That's a little scary.;)

hahahaha NEVER, Giants for Life, even if my opinion is hated my everyone i will rock my colors at 0-16..

See, there we go. A little hope dammit!

Striker

Mayock
71. New York Giants: Darian Thompson, S, Boise State
When the ball is in the air, he wants it. He struggles a bit in the tackle game. A safety has to tackle. He's your last line of defense. So, I love the ball skills, but want to see him tackle.

40. New York Giants: Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
He's only 5-foot-10, 194 pounds, but he is a competitor, especially in the slot. He also brings value in the returns game. He is one of the most feisty competitors in the entire draft.

A safety who can't tackle perfect Reese pick..
Haven't dug deep in Thompson yet but you gotta love the Shepard pick. Even if Cruz isn't back to his normal self, having someone who isn't a lazy fuck (Randle, enjoy Eagles-GAF!) complement Beckham is a blessing.

Euron

Haven't dug deep in Thompson yet but you gotta love the Shepard pick. Even if Cruz isn't back to his normal self, having someone who isn't a lazy fuck (Randle, enjoy Eagles-GAF!) complement Beckham is a blessing.
Regardless of where Thompson's particular skills may be, he's a major upgrade at a spot we needed.

Shepard is going to be looked back at as one of the biggest steals of the draft. He's an excellent combination of Odell and literally every single aspect Randle sucked at.

Now the Giants need a RT in round 4. Though maybe they can strike a deal with the Niners for their tackle that's up for trade.

Cook, Kessler and Hackenberg are all hacks.

The first time I saw Goff play, I said he would be the first QB picked in this draft after about 5mins. He is miles ahead of these chokers.

Out of the QBs left, Id take Cardale Jones.

Some good WRs left. Cajuste is probably my pick there.

Andrew Billings would be the best thats left IMO.

Cook, Kessler and Hackenberg are all hacks.

The first time I saw Goff play, I said he would be the first QB picked in this draft after about 5mins. He is miles ahead of these chokers.

Out of the QBs left, Id take Cardale Jones.

Some good WRs left. Cajuste is probably my pick there.

Andrew Billings would be the best thats left IMO.
How are you handling Ole Miss Chicko?

How are you handling Ole Miss Chicko?

fine.

“The university is aware of the reports from the NFL draft regarding Laremy Tunsil and potential NCAA violations during his time at Ole Miss. Like we do whenever an allegation is brought to our attention or a potential violation is self-discovered, we will aggressively investigate and fully cooperate with the NCAA and the SEC.”

Lets see if the NCAA finds anything first.

Cant wait to see this class of 2016 take the field.

Bill, please tell me why you hate me so much

I'm fucking done with the drafting of QBs this early. Dude would have been available 3 rounds later. Such a goddamn waste of a pick once again.

And then Valentine of whatever the fuck his name is. Dude is what a 7th rounder at best? And Bill says fuck it, time to throw away another pick on a player who will probably not even see the goddam roster.

I'm fucking done with the drafting of QBs this early. Dude would have been available 3 rounds later. Such a goddamn waste of a pick once again.

And then Valentine of whatever the fuck his name is. Dude is what a 7th rounder at best? And Bill says fuck it, time to throw away another pick on a player who will probably not even see the goddam roster.
Idk if Browns wouldn't have taken Jacoby over Kessler. Not sure who they actually liked more

Regardless of where Thompson's particular skills may be, he's a major upgrade at a spot we needed.

Shepard is going to be looked back at as one of the biggest steals of the draft. He's an excellent combination of Odell and literally every single aspect Randle sucked at.

Now the Giants need a RT in round 4. Though maybe they can strike a deal with the Niners for their tackle that's up for trade.
They seem really high on Hart for some reason. I think a guard is a bigger need.

Now you're getting it!

PFF worst picks of day 2
5. Steelers: Sean Davis, DB, Maryland
It may seem like we lean on our grades a lot at PFF when it comes to projecting players from college to the NFL, but it comes from a simple premise: If a player can’t produce at least at an above-average level against lesser college competition, what are the chances that he all of a sudden turns it around when every opponent is bigger, faster and stronger in the NFL? Davis may have freakish athletic traits, but that didn’t help him cover any better in college. The Maryland cornerback had a minus-6.7 coverage grade and allowed 50 of 81 targets to be completed, for 721 yards on the season, in only 12 games last year. That extrapolates to 961 yards over a 16-game season, and would have been the third worst total in the NFL last year.
blessed-gif-dance.gif

PFF worst picks of day 2

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-g6lN1pnst-Q/VuPgx4VHTrI/AAAAAAAAHGc/ppbrSLbb2bY/w320-h240/blessed-gif-dance.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Two of the five picks on that list are from NFC South teams not named the Panthers (yall can guess which ones)

And Getts took not one but TWO corners so everyone can shut the fuck up now about him not addressing needs.

#blessed

Damn calm down buddy. Everything's gonna be ok...

I AM CALM DAMNIT

PFF gave him the worst cb grade in the 3rd round...

I trust draft analysis on cornerbacks about as much as I trust Jed York to make good sound football decisions. Not much

Three draft profiles, one of these is Daryl Worley, the other two are
Richard Sherman and Justin Gilbert

A size prospect with some good intangibles that will help him mold into a contributing backup corner for a press-heavy team. However, he does not possess the natural coverage instincts, fluidity or burst to be considered a future starter. Is comfortable and capable in press man, using his size to disrupt receivers' releases off the line, but doesn't show enough make up speed to consistently recover when beaten. Awareness in zone and off-man are only adequate. Has average ball skills but some upside as a playmaker. Tough against the run but still developing from a technical standpoint. He is a Day 3 prospect.

Has excellent ball skills, but lacks the agility and hips to maintain his feel for receivers underneath. A move to a defense that employs more press and trail technique should benefit him and teams looking for range and instincts could try him at free safety. His traits make him worthy of a Day 3 draft selection, but his success may be tied to his scheme fit.

The most talented cover corner in this year's draft class, Has size, speed and flexibility to blanket receivers at the next level. Also brings impact ability as a kick returner. Is capable of stepping into the starting lineup from Day 1 and playing at a high level if he adheres to a professional approach to the craft. Could stand to improve in run support.

FTF

Yeah, not too thrilled with those picks either :/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Why the fuck is Baalke still drafting people recovering from torn ligaments? Has it worked out once?
Fuck you, Baalke. You're not a genius.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-3rd-round-pick-Will-Redmond-coming-off-7385089.php

“It’s part of the game,” Baalke said of ACL tears. “Frank Gore had three (actually two) of them in college, right? Guys come back. Some come back even better. Most come back. And every now and then, it doesn’t work. We’re confident in the procedure that was done and where he is in his rehab schedule now.”

lol

:(

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hoping Green Bay finds a receiver today that can get separation. Maybe another linebacker also.

Looking at the remaining picks however, basically Baltimore and Cleveland are going to take everyone anyone wanted though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom