• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which coverage of the NFL draft are you watching?

ESPN or NFL network?

I wanted to watch it on NFL Network, but my dad and brother prefer ESPN since that's where we started to watch the Draft coverage so I'm willing to watch it on ESPN...but recording the NFL Network coverage for later viewing :)

LJ11

If my Jags take fucking Leonard Floyd, I'll fucking be livid ! Guy doesn't belong anyone in the 1st round. Hope the Cowshits and Jerry Jones don't take Jalen Ramsey, that's who we need.

As a freshman Floyd jumped off the screen, I'm not sure I really noticed him as much after his Freshman year. Played MLB that year if memory serves. I think worse case scenario is Manny Lawson type, which isn't terrible but not what you want in the top 10. He is long and may be able to cover, Lawson turned himself into a decent cover guy, just never had the pass rush skills.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Around Jacksonville media the buzz is that they love Bosa and he might be the pick even if Ramsey is available, also sounds like Myles Jack is not in consideration any longer.

Jack and Smith getting hurt screwed us up badly, they should be no brainers for the Jags.

If they take Bosa over Ramsey, Dave/Gus need to pack up and get the hell out of JAX.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
As a freshman Floyd jumped off the screen, I'm not sure I really noticed him as much after his Freshman year. Played MLB that year if memory serves. I think worse case scenario is Manny Lawson type, which isn't terrible but not what you want in the top 10. His long and may be able to cover, Lawson turned himself into a decent cover guy, just never had the pass rush skills.

Dude is already going to be 24 when the season starts. If the guy even makes it to a second contract (highly doubt), he'll be 28 years old ! Jarvis Jones 2.0.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Around Jacksonville media the buzz is that they love Bosa and he might be the pick even if Ramsey is available, also sounds like Myles Jack is not in consideration any longer.

Jack and Smith getting hurt screwed us up badly, they should be no brainers for the Jags.

Welcome to lying about the draft week. :p Won't believe Myles Jack is off the board until they pass on him.

If they take Bosa over Ramsey, Dave/Gus need to pack up and get the hell out of JAX.

Bosa over Ramsey is probably the right call for Gus' career. Getting a pass rush will improve the defence more than getting a DB - with the pressure we get right now, no corner can save us. For the long term good of the team, Ramsey seems like the better option, obviously.

Fantomex

I have a lot of respect for whoever drafts Jack. IF you want to take a gamble, that's exactly the type of player you take one on.

I have a lot of respect for whoever drafts Jack. IF you want to take a gamble, that's exactly the type of player you take one on.

I've gotten to the point where I would be more than okay with the Vikes even potentially trading up a couple spots if he drops into the teens.

LJ11

Dude is already going to be 24 when the season starts. If the guy even makes it to a second contract (highly doubt), he'll be 28 years old ! Jarvis Jones 2.0.

He'll actually be closer to 30, especially if you count a Tag year. I don't see that as a bad thing to be honest. I get to eat cost controlled years, and never have to give the player a big pay day since he's going to be over the hill at 30. That's actually good for the team, bad for the player. If he's a good player, team gets to eat.

Lies?

Oh, I see. You think he's called Cheaty McCheatface because he cheats! Not at all, obviously. He's called Cheaty McCheatface because... um... he's lost a lot of weight recently.

I'm in direct contact with a mod I'm paying hefty amounts of money (Not my countryman Kabouter, I swear), to take actions against the defamation of my good name.

He'll actually be closer to 30, especially if you count a Tag year. I don't see that as a bad thing to be honest. I get to eat cost controlled years, and never have to give the player a big pay day since he's going to be over the hill at 30. That's actually good for the team, bad for the player. If he's a good player, team gets to eat.
I definitely sit on the side of seeing Floyd as a big question mark but I'm not as down on him as some seem to be. I feel like his effectiveness is going to be defined by how much he can mold his body in an NFL strength and conditioning program as I said earlier. His weight isn't much of a concern if his frame wasn't so lanky and on tape, he does lack power. Put that up against NFL tackles with his hand in the dirt which is one way the Giants would likely use him (as well as stood up as a WILL in our defense more than likely) and there's cause for concern there. He bulked up to 244 for the combine and was still stupid fast and showed off his athleticism which is what has teams enticed and is the reason for his rise up the draft boards, IMO. He doesn't shed blocks well and he doesn't have an explosive "get off" that want to see from a "tweener" type player who is likely going to be use in pass rush situations coming right in from the draft (and not a full 3 down backer).

The problem is how do you project him if he drops back to 230-235? How "finished" is his body at 24 is the greater concern with his age FOR ME. Moreso then how long he'll play contract wise. Maybe it shouldn't be. Maybe I'm way off on that front. I LIKE that he has coverage skill. I LIKE that he's played a variety if positions for Georgia so there's versatility there that the Giants covet and Spags can move him around. Super clean kid off the field and a good teammate from all sources as well.

Linebackers are tough in today's NFL. At least in so far as projecting who's going to really work out but it can be so dependent on scheme in some cases (which I think is very much the case with Floyd).

If my Jags take fucking Leonard Floyd, I'll fucking be livid ! Guy doesn't belong anyone in the 1st round. Hope the Cowshits and Jerry Jones don't take Jalen Ramsey, that's who we need.

I'll be stunned if Ramsey gets past the Chargers and Cowboys. Jerruh would love a second Primetime.

Tankard

Welcome to lying about the draft week. :p Won't believe Myles Jack is off the board until they pass on him.

Do you think this is just Mayock trying to be the smartest guy in the room? You either read his mock draft as very pretentious or he really knows better than anyone else.

jmood88

What do you think about the rumors of the Saints taking Myles Jack if he falls to 12?
I'd be fine with it. He would be a risky choice but it's not like any draft pick is a lock to do anything. But honestly, I'll be happy with any player who isn't a quarterback; I just want more talent and the Saints can use help at pretty much every position.

KingCookie5

Neo Member
Would love to see Jack fall closer to 23 so the Vikings can snatch him even if we had to trade up. I know we have bigger needs but having the Barr Kendricks and Jack (all former Bruins) as LB's would be deadly.

I'd be fine with it. He would be a risky choice but it's not like any draft pick is a lock to do anything. But honestly, I'll be happy with any player who isn't a quarterback; I just want more talent and the Saints can use help at pretty much every position.
If he falls to 12 they should absolutely take him. Have a feeling that if Treadwell is there, he might be the pick. Honestly I have no idea. Maybe NO will surprise us and actually take a DE/DT.

So excited for this draft and I don't even know what to expect. Not sure where the Giants will go but can't be mad at getting some help. Interested to see what holes everyone else in the division tries to fix.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Asking for tags is a dangerous game...just ask BG!

I feel like 90% of tags are not flattering.

In fact, I'm afraid I'm going to make a joke about rimming Satan's asshole and somehow get that as my tag.

So I'm not sure why people want one so badly!

ChKThfEWIAAsmvc.jpg

I asked for a tag that said "Formerly TheBatman" so my new name would be less confusing, as I'd seen other users who had their names change have this, but no luck.

I feel like 90% of tags are not flattering.

In fact, I'm afraid I'm going to make a joke about rimming Satan's asshole and somehow get that as my tag.

So I'm not sure why people want one so badly!

As large funder of Neogaf and the largest entrepreneur (Shirtless Enterprise Founder), I want some shirtless recognition dammit.

He would be off my draft board for this dumb ass shit alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom