• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Hawks gaf, how do you feel about us getting a running back tonight? While I'm all in on bolstering our DL and maybe getting a LB, if PCJS think that there's talent to compete with Rawls I'm all in. I don't think Derrick Henry will drop to a point they'd feel comfortable on taking him, but Tyler Ervin is a name that's mentioned pretty often.

Anyways I'm ready for some defensive studs. Curious to see if we'll trade up in the 2nd or 3rd, we definitely have the draft capital for it right now.
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see one if the right guy is there. Works for me.

Godslay

Banned
Henry screams Montee to me. Saban ran that guy into the ground! And did it some more.

Could be.

He's a powerful runner though. Amazing acceleration (the best in this class among RBs), and would fit the ZBS no problem. Assuming he isn't ground out, he could be good.

I'd be fine with him joining. It would be an interesting contrast between him, CJ, and Ronnie. All different runners with different strengths. Really depends on where we would get him.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 6m6 minutes ago

Dolphins PR is adamant that allergic reaction is absolutely real: “I saw it happen.” …I don’t question the allergies. I question my reality.

One would hope.

He was just on saying don't be surprised if we pick up another QB. Is that today, or tomorrow? Could just be blowing smoke.

I don't see it. I think they'll pull someone off of FA before training camp.

I think they'll go into training camp with 4 QBs but I don't see the benefit of going in with 1 Mark Sanchez and 3 first or second year guys.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This Tunsil thing is just weird

It's extremely suspicious at best.

The day after he said some questionable shit about being paid at Ole Miss he comes down with an illness. Obviously the press was going to skewer him on it and I doubt the Dolphins wanted any part of that. They're gonna sit down and figure out how to spin all that and hope that people forget about it before he's allowed to speak publicly.

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 6m6 minutes ago

Dolphins PR is adamant that allergic reaction is absolutely real: “I saw it happen.” …I don’t question the allergies. I question my reality.

Quick, cover Tunsil in bees! You can do it!

Cagey

Banned
Henry screams Montee to me. Saban ran that guy into the ground! And did it some more.

Once upon a time, Greg Schiano tried to systematically kill Ray Rice.

The Media Narrative knock on Ray coming out of college was his size suggested he wasn't durable. Media and draft pundits are stupid people.

The truth was Ray took a pounding in college and never broke down; if anything, the concern should have been excessive wear on his treads.

If Henry fails it'll be because he's not fast or agile or explosive enough to succeed as an NFL back. Not the abuse Saban heaped on him. Might mean he loses a year on the back end but he won't get there in the first place if he can't hack it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Jaylon Smith still on NFL draft board because of Taylor Decker block

CHICAGO -- Jaylon Smith would have been one of the first players taken in Thursday’s NFL draft if not for a gruesome knee injury suffered in Notre Dame’s Fiesta Bowl loss to Ohio State -- on a block by new Detroit Lions offensive tackle Taylor Decker, no less.

Decker said Thursday that he has been in contact with Smith since the injury and that he believes Smith can return to the All-America form he showed last fall.

“After it happened, of course, you don’t want to injure somebody to that degree,” Decker said. “Football is a physical, violent game. I just wanted to reach out to him and wish him all the best. And he told me right back, he’s like, ‘No hard feelings at all.’ So I think that was really mature of him. And I played with his brother (Rod) at Ohio State, so I wish him all the best. He was a hell of a player when we were watching him on film, so I think, hopefully, he’ll battle back from it and he’ll be good to go.”

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/04/29/jaylon-smith-injury-taylor-decker/83703906/

The injury (Warning, it's tough to watch)

https://vine.co/v/ibE5Al9uV2T

Taylor Decker just kept blocking his assignment, pushed Jaylon Smith and he landed horribly awkward on his left leg causing the knee injury. I love the way Decker plays and the game is violent but I don't think there was any ill intent like some have mentioned.

Navarro Bowman had a similar injury and advice for Jaylon Smith:

Though Smith’s reconstructed knee itself is healing well, he has a nerve issue that will cause him to fall in the draft and likely miss his rookie season – a situation with which Bowman can emphasize, having sat out the 2014 season while recovering from his own major knee injury, suffered in the previous season’s NFC championship game.

So what is Bowman’s message as Smith waits to find out his fate?

“Not pay attention to the draft at all. That doesn’t define who you are and the career that you’re going to have,” Bowman said Thursday. “As far as the knee, man, just have a strong mind and get through whatever the rehab process has to offer, and you’ll be fine."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ylon-smith-navorro-bowman-nfl-draft/83666068/

It must be an awesome feeling for Jaylon Smith that his pro career was ruined during a postseason bowl game meant only to line the pockets of the colleges even further.

JABEE

It must be an awesome feeling for Jaylon Smith that his pro career was ruined during a postseason bowl game meant only to line the pockets of the colleges even further.
I wonder if he had to beg for rent money and utility bills for his impoverished mother. A system that works!

Alright GAF, it's time for everyone to jump on the LA Rams bandwagon. You are all welcome and there is room for you all!

http://www.nflshop.com/Los_Angeles_...d_Goff_Nike_Royal_2016_Draft_Pick_Game_Jersey

thumb.aspx

Fantomex

Alright GAF, it's time for everyone to jump on the LA Rams bandwagon. You are all welcome and there is room for you all!

http://www.nflshop.com/Los_Angeles_...d_Goff_Nike_Royal_2016_Draft_Pick_Game_Jersey

thumb.aspx

Hi Friend. I've noticed you claiming that Ram fandom but don't post in the NFL-GAF thread where I myself, Fantomex, current and only fan and Captain of Ramsnation® also known as The Ramaly© currently resides. Maybe you can start posting in that thread where you are welcomed with open arms. I want to make sure for the sake of Ramsnation© that you're not just some bandwagoner.

Hi Friend. I've noticed you claiming that Ram fandom but don't post in the NFL-GAF thread where I myself, Fantomex, current and only fan and Captain of Ramsnation® also known as The Ramaly© currently resides. Maybe you can start posting in that thread where you are welcomed with open arms. I want to make sure for the sake of Ramsnation© that you're not just some bandwagoner.

giphy.gif

Carson Wentz is a cool cat.

Agreed. He would have been great on the Rams too. Eagles are getting a good QB with Wentz, I just hope that Bradford doesn't act like a B towards him.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I want the Jags to take Jack. I like a good high risk high reward gamble, and his name is too good to pass up.

And having a great linebacker is the best.

Matticers

Everyone wanted their team to draft Elliott in the first round. Myles Jack is the guy everyone wants their team to draft in the second. Hopefully his knee doesn't explode in training camp though. I want to see what that kid can do.

As a Los Angeles resident, I have no choice but to adopt them as my second team. Now I just hope they fire Jeff Fisher sooner rather than later and find a coach who can get the most out of Goff.

Fisher will guide the Rams to a 10-6 record and get a 5-year extension.

#believe

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I want the Jags to take Jack. I like a good high risk high reward gamble, and his name is too good to pass up.

And having a great linebacker is the best.

The best is there being three players the team was seen as considering with the fifth overall pick and to come away with two of them.

Won't happen, of course.

squicken

Lammey saying Broncos are hot on the trail of Braxton Miller. More so than any other team.

I have thought all along he would go higher than most mocks had him. But he has now crept him to a lot of 2nd round projections so it's about that time. He and Shepard are the guys to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom