• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Lynch might end up being a decent qb, but he sure as hell won't be winning a Super Bowl next year as a starter. Has the guy ever taken a snap under center before?

Godslay

Banned
Lynch might end up being a decent qb, but he sure as hell won't be winning a Super Bowl next year as a starter. Has the guy ever taken a snap under center before?

This was discussed at quite some length on a radio station I listen to.

He had some early work under center, and obviously his college offense wasn't comprised this way. So he's a bit behind on that, especially for an offense that puts value on playing from under center.

With that being said, he's been working on it for several months now. Apparently he moves well under center, so that's good. The speculation is that to start off, they'll run out of the pistol which gives you some of the benefits to the RB as being under C would in a ZBS. While adapting and mixing in under center work. So hybrid to start, then probably a shift to more C work as the comfort level rises. Really, the feet are the most important. Sets some of the timing in the offense. So if he can get that right most things will come together.

everyone who made that pick was fired.

(So far) the current regime has a good record in judging talent and, as you mentioned, had sod all to do with the Geno pick.

It's why I didn't understand any of the Paxton-to-NYJ talk, no one in the organization ever gave any indication they were high on the guy. Denver were lucky enough that virtually no position on their team needs a draftee to start, so they pick a QB who could end up sitting on the bench for a year... but that's fine for them, because virtually anyone they drafted in the 1st round was going to be a back-up.

The Jets however had needs at other postions, people who can contribute right away. And they filled one of those needs at LB when they drafted Lee.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
hehe probably right

The youtube comments, I hate you lol.

EDP you are the size of a fucking bus
Big green blimp. Looks like he's about to float up in the air like a hot air baloon.
He's the size of a volcano
how the fuck this nigga 25 but look 45 EDP ain't making it pass 30 with his my 600lb life bitch ass

NO CHILL, why did I read :/

I honestly thought EDP was at least in his mid 30s.....wow

Gigglepoo

Is the NFL getting smarter? Feels like Cook, Hack, and Jack would have gone in the first round in other years. There were a couple reaches last night but generally it seemed like teams were more cautious than years past.

Beach

Happy with the Raider's Joseph pick

Still need a lot of help though, the run at DTS at the end of the first was discouraging

Poor Falcons though, Raiders got their player just like they did Mack two years ago

Is the NFL getting smarter? Feels like Cook, Hack, and Jack would have gone in the first round in other years. There were a couple reaches last night but generally it seemed like teams were more cautious than years past.

Nope. This is just a deeper draft than in years past.

BigAT

What is there to say that Wentz/Goff/Lynch aren't guys that had no business going in the first round and we just don't know yet?

Dude, I think Zeke is going to dominate behind that line. Having Murray run the rock like he did in his 1800 year season really helped Romo and the Defense out, so I can't really be mad at this pick.

It seemed like a pretty popular opinion that Bosa was going to drop especially by the Media, yet he ended up 3, so who knows what might have happened if the Boys traded their pick. If Zeke was their guy, don't gamble, just take him at your sport, especially in this draft.

I was actually torn on Ramsey, dude can't get any interceptions. We already have problems getting turnovers in the secondary, dude wouldn't help us in that category, he actually might hurt us.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
As for the Lions pick, it's safe but fits a need. They had a hole at tackle and struggled to run block or keep Stafford from getting sacked/harassed last year. Decker should be an upgrade at one end of perhaps even a replacement if Reiff hits FA and gets grossly overpaid by someone. I think most of LionsGAF is in agreement here that it's not electrifying but fills a need.

Kinda sad Doctson didn't fall to Round 2 because I would've traded up to get him, but we're probably looking defense for the next pick at either CB or DT.

Agreed on all parts and it gives us options on how to deal with Riley Reiff's 5th year option.

Ezekial Elliot and all those Ohio State QBs who had all day to throw? A lot of that is due to Taylor Decker anchoring the line.

Unlike Riley Reiff, Taylor Decker seems to have much more of a mean streak, especially on running plays. He does not stop moving his feet or looking for someone to block.

Decker was a voted an “Iron Buckeye” three times, which is given biannually to six players on the team for “unquestioned physical training dedication, determination, discipline, toughness and leadership,” according to his biography in the OSU media guide.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/04/28/detroit-lions-taylor-decker-bio/83683290/

A lot of the offensive lines problems last year were due to Joe Lombardi's needlessly complex schemes that were simplified as soon as Lombardi was fired.

The offensive line improved somewhat under OC Jim Bob Cooter but Right Tackle was still a revolving door with LaAdrian Waddle being hurt and pretty much signing UDFA's to fill the Right Tackle position.

Taylor Decker immediately solidifies the Right Tackle position with the potential to move over to Left Tackle to protect Matthew Stafford's blindside.

I think we go secondary with our 2nd round pick. Just a gut feeling, excited to see who Bob Quinn picks regardless of position.

Grades right after a draft are the stupidest thing ever. Don't bother grading it until 3 years out.

Agreed, but they're still somewhat fun to read and then re-read 3 years down the line.

Colasante

Dr. James Andrews, who examined Myles Jack in December, told the UCLA LB today that he does not need micro-fracture surgery.

Ugh. Awesome news for Myles Jack but that means he has no chance of slipping to the Patriots. Hopefully the Browns or Jaguars are able to snag him before the fucking Ravens.

That certainly helps, but they haven't made any selections at QB with the new regime so we can't really know where to place their evaluations.

So really that's a stupid tweet to begin with.

With that attitude all tweets are stupid.

If that's the point you were trying to make, rock on.

RBH

The #Cowboys are attempting to trade up with the #Browns at No. 32, source said. The likely target is a pass-rusher.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/726082513114943488

For ESPN's coverage of Day 1 of the NFL draft, the Boston market did a 1.5 rating, last among 56 metered markets.
https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/726062229758590976

UCLA LB Myles Jack will not attend tonight's draft, will watch in at a Chicago hotel instead, per source.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/726123007006117889

Gigglepoo

My only beef with the Niners trading back into the first round yesterday is that they don't have any picks tonight. Makes it a lot less interesting now.

Colasante

My best guess for the Patriots tonight is that they draft Shilique Calhoun and Sean Davis in the 2nd if they're still there, and they trade down from at least one of their two 3rd rounders in order to acquire some picks in the 4th and 5th rounds, for which they currently have zero picks.

Mortemis

Banned
Hawks gaf, how do you feel about us getting a running back tonight? While I'm all in on bolstering our DL and maybe getting a LB, if PCJS think that there's talent to compete with Rawls I'm all in. I don't think Derrick Henry will drop to a point they'd feel comfortable on taking him, but Tyler Ervin is a name that's mentioned pretty often.

Anyways I'm ready for some defensive studs. Curious to see if we'll trade up in the 2nd or 3rd, we definitely have the draft capital for it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom