• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted Wentz but I can see why Goff was the pick. I just hope this works out. Either way it will be interesting following Wentz and Goff over the next few years to see how their careers are going.

Wes

venison crêpe
And actually according to them Depo was supposed to sit back and observe/learn this draft. He's really based on the procedures and processes of the org, we've had a lot of defunction. I'd say he's far from running the ship though haha. It was cool seeing him talk with hue though

Think this is why we're stocking up on future picks. DePo's processess will be more embedded then. Now, stockpile picks, make value trades and pick high character guys based on coach and scout opinions mostly.

Although I have heard the analytics (SPARQ) was very high on CC.

Banner seemed to like it (lol):

@JoeBanner13 3h3 hours ago
Browns completely dominate first round, and the "football guys" and pundits don't seem to have even noticed.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Think the Washington Racistnames did pretty well for themselves.

ChNmR4wUoAEliGf.jpg

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
If Emery moved up to pick Leonard Floyd, I would have bashed him. But I have way more faith in this Bears' staff, so I'm fine with it.

Think the Washington Racistnames did pretty well for themselves.

ChNmR4wUoAEliGf.jpg

I think Cousins might like that.

As for the Lions pick, it's safe but fits a need. They had a hole at tackle and struggled to run block or keep Stafford from getting sacked/harassed last year. Decker should be an upgrade at one end of perhaps even a replacement if Reiff hits FA and gets grossly overpaid by someone. I think most of LionsGAF is in agreement here that it's not electrifying but fills a need.

Kinda sad Doctson didn't fall to Round 2 because I would've traded up to get him, but we're probably looking defense for the next pick at either CB or DT.

LJ11

Bills were asking the Boys for 2017 1st to move back to 34, too rich for Boys. Whaley saved them by asking for too much.

Farooq

Banned
Bills were asking the Boys for 2017 1st to move back to 34, too rich for Boys. Whaley saved them by asking for too much.

Lol, yes they did. That 5th year option is valuable though, especially after watching what happened with Brock.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
The Daily News has learned that the Jets tried to trade up for Mississippi tackle Laremy Tunsil during his controversial draft-day slide on Thursday night. The asking price proved to be too steep.

Would have been nice.

Colasante

I hate to admit it, but John Elway did some brilliant work again. I don't know if Paxton Lynch will pan out but the way he handled the QB situation this offseason, and the way he's handled it since he got to Denver, was top-notch.

Osweiler: 4 years/$72 million with $37 million guaranteed
Lynch: 4 years/$9 million with a 5th year option

Damn. That's a no-brainer.

jmood88

Tunsil needs to cut off every single person in his circle, including his mom, who has no problem staying with a dude who is trying to fuck up his life.

I hate to admit it, but John Elway did some brilliant work again. I don't know if Paxton Lynch will pan out but the way he handled the QB situation this offseason, and the way he's handled it since he got to Denver, was top-notch.

If it really was a no-brainer Lynch wouldn't be available with the 26th pick. The Broncos are saving money but they're now defending the Super Bowl with two guys at QB who shouldn't be starting NFL games.

LJ11

Lol, yes they did. That 5th year option is valuable though, especially after watching what happened with Brock.

Most definitely, the 5th year has become a big issue, especially when you factor in the tag options. Can have control for 6 years.

If it really was a no-brainer Lynch wouldn't be available with the 26th pick. The Broncos are saving money but they're now defending the Super Bowl with two guys at QB who shouldn't be starting NFL games.

Who's to say that Oz will pan out in the long run? He had some success but he was also unable to close some games out that should have been blowouts.

The bottom line: the consequences stemming from a Paxton Lynch bust are more manageable than the consequences of Oz not living up to his contract.

Colasante

Right, but there weren't really any options available at quarterback this offseason who are no doubt NFL starters, including Osweiler. When you take into consideration money, the draft capital it would take to acquire, and future projection, I don't think it's even a question that Lynch is the better bet than Osweiler, Bradford, Kaepernick, McCown, or Manning. I mean, it's not impossible that we get halfway through the season and realize that Osweiler simply isn't a good football player, the dude's only had seven starts and none were all that impressive.

I need to do some research because now I'm reading stuff about Treadwell that is all over the place.

Like, I've now read a few articles saying his hands are kinda shitty when that was supposedly one of his strong points.

I feel good about it but opinions are all over. Hope he at least turns out to be a more athletic Michael Jenkins.

LevelNth

Banned
Apparently the Niners jumped up to take Garnett because the Seahawks had him penciled in and ready to go at #31, so Baalke targeted KC and Carolina to trade with. Carolina wasn't as eager to move out of the first, so the trade with KC was made.

MechDX

Right, but there weren't really any options available at quarterback this offseason who are no doubt NFL starters, including Osweiler. When you take into consideration money, the draft capital it would take to acquire, and future projection, I don't think it's even a question that Lynch is the better bet than Osweiler, Bradford, Kaepernick, McCown, or Manning. I mean, it's not impossible that we get halfway through the season and realize that Osweiler simply isn't a good football player, the dude's only had seven starts and none were all that impressive.

Its a possibility but you are also crowning a rookie who has 0 starts in the NFL in the same breath.

They just won an Owl with a QB who shouldn't have been starting a game of flag football in the park, I think the Broncos will be fine.

Godslay

Banned

The Broncos had a price point for him, and Texans exceeded that. Brock got some sand in his peepee from being benched against the Chargers and pulled a Bradford like bitch move to go to the Texans.

All that being said, I liked Oz. I think he could have been good. I think long term this works out better for us both financially and on the field. Lynch will probably get $10M over 4 years. This frees up a ton of cash to not only hold the team together, and allows us to restock the cupboards faster than we would have with Oz at the helm for the next two years.

What I'm looking for is Sanchez to be able to manage the offense enough to keep us in games next year. Long enough for Lynch to supplant him, near the bye week or before if he can't handle it (which is deeper in the season for the Broncos this year which is a bonus). If Sanchez plays like crap, then obviously that timeline will be moved forward, but let's be real, Sanchez is going to be a game manager. Asked to limit mistakes and let the defense continue to suffocate opponents.

As far as defending, odds are we won't repeat. I believe that we should get a boost in QB play this year though. Which hopefully is enough to pull us out of the bottom of the league in terms of offense, and possibly offset anyone we lost on the defensive side.

Its a possibility but you are also crowning a rookie who has 0 starts in the NFL in the same breath.

I think the point is, it's low risk high reward. Nobody will know his football worth until he's on the field. Right now he's probably a better deal for Denver than any QB that was out there. When you look at the big picture.

RBH

Apparently, the Falcons were trying to trade up from #17 to get S Karl Joseph.

Once the Raiders took Joseph at #14, the Falcons got afraid that someone (probably Pittsburgh, if I had to guess) would take Keanu Neal, so that's why they took him at #17.

I'm fine with it since we've been needing safety help for years, but man, a lot of Falcons fans today are mad as hell about not getting a linebacker in the 1st round. :lol We'll see how things play out today.

LJ11

Wonder where he would have gone if he stayed healthy the entire year. I didn't know much about him until I watched some footage this last week, I know the Bills were on to him and thought he would be the pick as other players got snatched up. Falcons and Bills have similar needs on the defensive side of the ball.

LifEndz

Hopefully the Saints finally found a DT that won't eat his way out of the league. Now I'm sure after doing the smart thing, they'll draft reach for a kicker or QB in round 2.

I still don't know why they don't have McShay and Kiper together for Round 1. Do they figure they are just the same person? I mean, you pay two guys to do almost nothing but the draft, but one of them isn't there for round one? So dumb.

They want star power to last throughout.

I really wish they would put Mayock and Charles together instead of David Shaw, but eh..

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I think the money is the only sure win here for Denver considering the amount of money they'll have to invest in their defense over the next few years.

Lynch might turn out to be substantially worse than Bradford or Osweiller though. Hell, statistically it's very likely based on past QB draft classes.

Fantomex

Sometimes I wonder if Gruden was a great coach or was just at the right place at the right time. He makes some stupid comments that make me wonder if he trained under Art Shell. Looking at his past calls, he passed on Rodgers because he felt he held the ball too high and didn't make quick decisions, but fell in love with Manziel. ugh.

Lomax

Sometimes I wonder if Gruden was a great coach or was just at the right place at the right time. He makes some stupid comments that make me wonder if he trained under Art Shell. Looking at his past calls, he passed on Rodgers because he felt he held the ball too high and didn't make quick decisions, but fell in love with Manziel. ugh.

I think he knows how to use talent, but not necessarily how to evaluate it. Maybe he could have done something with Manziel? Maybe he could have ruined Rodgers lol

kaiju

Apparently the Niners jumped up to take Garnett because the Seahawks had him penciled in and ready to go at #31, so Baalke targeted KC and Carolina to trade with. Carolina wasn't as eager to move out of the first, so the trade with KC was made.

I'm glad we made the trade. It was a good move, not only did we get a good guard, we kept him out of Seattle.

tmdorsey

Once the Raiders took Joseph at #14, the Falcons got afraid that someone (probably Pittsburgh, if I had to guess) would take Keanu Neal, so that's why they took him at #17.

I'm fine with it since we've been needing safety help for years, but man, a lot of Falcons fans today are mad as hell about not getting a linebacker in the 1st round. :lol We'll see how things play out today.

Yeah, I don't get all the hate the pick is getting. People are saying it was a reach, but I believe the Falcons had good reason to believe Neal was going to be gone sooner than everybody thought.

Anyway, please let Spence fall to 50 for the love of god!

Fantomex

I think he knows how to use talent, but not necessarily how to evaluate it. Maybe he could have done something with Manziel? Maybe he could have ruined Rodgers lol

hehe probably right

"that mothafucka is a monster i dont give a fuck"

The youtube comments, I hate you lol.

EDP you are the size of a fucking bus
Big green blimp. Looks like he's about to float up in the air like a hot air baloon.
He's the size of a volcano
how the fuck this nigga 25 but look 45 EDP ain't making it pass 30 with his my 600lb life bitch ass

NO CHILL, why did I read :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom