• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
More
Big draft tipping point: The #AZCardinals at No. 13. Do they take Patrick Mahomes or go defense? If they pass on Mahomes, could slide to 20s

giphy.gif

Cant wait to read Texans Twitter when Mahomes is there at 25 and they pick a safety

Well they got Jernigan and Chris Long, so I don't think they need to immediately address it. I do agree that I think it's likely, and if they could get Jonathan Allen I'd be all for it. I wouldn't want to trade up unless it's cheap, but I'd love Allen. And why Reddick over Foster?

Revis sucks ass now. And we'd have to trade up to 9, since if Lattimore, Adams, or Allen are available at 10 Bills are taking them

I watched a bunch of Temple games and I love Reddick I think he is going to be great. I worry that foster has 2 potential red flags with the shoulder and the drug test. Man I keep totally forgetting that the got Long, I cant imagine they are counting on him much though. People leave the cheats and they are not the same.

Hindl

I watched a bunch of Temple games and I love Reddick I think he is going to be great. I worry that foster has 2 potential red flags with the shoulder and the drug test. Man I keep totally forgetting that the got Long, I cant imagine they are counting on him much though. People leave the cheats and they are not the same.

I really like Reddick too, I just think Foster is better. I fully believe the story about him getting food poisoning and then chugging water to meet weight at the combine since multiple NFL athletes admit to doing the same thing. The shoulder is a good worry though. Foster is just a violent player and I'd love someone with that attitude back on the Philly defense. Whenever the ball is near Foster, it just stops moving. There's no fighting for extra yards against him, and in a division with Zeke that's amazing. But that same attitude is going to lead to him having a really shortened career I think. I see him being along the line of Kuechly of being one of the best LBs in the league, but done before he's 30.

And yeah, Long isn't gonna do much, but at the very least they can afford to wait a round. I wouldn't mind them taking that Tanoh Kpassagnon guy in the 2nd for DE

Why my guy Mech out here pretending like he don't want himself some Mahomes. He want some Mahomes, I want some Mahomes. #Mahomie

Pepiope

Why? DE is far more important than CB, WR, or any other position really besides the QB.

And in this draft I think the CBs in later rounds will be better impact players than the DEs in the later rounds. If Harris, or Bennet if he drops, is the pick you are really loading up the DL and I'd rather have the front 4 bring tons of pressure.

Besides we could always sign Revis....
It's round 1. I want the best non QB available. I don't want to reach for a DE because it's a need when guys like Davis and Foster are better prospects.

So BGN radio has really been beating the drums for the Eagles to take Aaron Jones RB UTEP. They have had him on as a guest twice lately.

really hope Chiefs draft a QB this year that doesn't sit on the bench for 4 years and then disappears.

Everyone knows that the Chiefs only acquire QBs after they've played for the 49ers.

I'm pretty sure the last two QBs drafted by the Chiefs that also started for the Chiefs were Brody Croyle in 2006 and Todd Blackledge in 1983.

Matticers

Hope we draft Njoku since he's from my town and I'm assuming he's a Giants fan or at least was when he was growing up.

Yeah, he was a Shockey fan and now they're good friends. Shockey has told him that the Giants are the team to be on so Njoku is hoping to be drafted by them. It would be nice if it works out that way but we'll see. I think him and Howard are both gone by pick 23, unfortunately.

kris.

Banned
Everyone knows that the Chiefs only acquire QBs after they've played for the 49ers.

I'm pretty sure the last two QBs drafted by the Chiefs that also started for the Chiefs were Brody Croyle in 2006 and Todd Blackledge in 1983.

yeah, Blackledge was the last 1st rounder we drafted. it's time. Smith isn't gonna be mediocre-to-solid forever.

Slo

I still don't blame Minn. They thought with a healthy Adrian Pederson and that D they had a chance to win the division and go deep.

He gets hurt, the OLINE collapses, and they had nothing left. Their top need is OLINE still and this is a rather week draft to address it plus they can use their later rounds pick to get olinemen.

I hated the trade when I thought Teddy was coming back and we were renting Bradford for a year at most. Now that it looks like Teddy is done, I'm more okay with it. Sure, he's a middle of the road QB, but at least I don't have to watch Shaun Hill waddle around the pocket for a couple years.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
All I'm hoping for today is the Packers grabbing a good defensive player, and a bunch of fuckery before that.

As someone who roots for the Browns, I hope they don't fuck this up again. Kessler is fine for the time being.

MechDX

Why my guy Mech out here pretending like he don't want himself some Mahomes. He want some Mahomes, I want some Mahomes. #Mahomie

Not in the first round

Been saying all off season: if they don't go QB at 25 I can see them getting back in around pick 29-32 for a QB . Not likely though

Hindl

My bold Eagles draft prediction. After drafting at 14 they trade up into the late 1st or early 2nd to grab Cook

I hated the trade when I thought Teddy was coming back and we were renting Bradford for a year at most. Now that it looks like Teddy is done, I'm more okay with it. Sure, he's a middle of the road QB, but at least I don't have to watch Shaun Hill waddle around the pocket for a couple years.

Slo dont make me come burn your trailer down. Sam is A top of the line QB.

Hindl

The Eagles have done so much to devalue Kendricks that at this point I think they would be lucky to get a 4th for him.

He devalued himself because he's proven to be poor at coverage and can't make open field tackles in two different defensive schemes. He's good at rushing the QB and that's it. They'd be lucky for a late 5th, a 4th would be incredible

My (semi-realistic) dream scenario for the Saints is getting Barnett at 11 and then somehow White or King falls to us at 32. Or trade 32 to one of the many teams that want the fifth-year option on Mahomes.

Either there's a shitload of smoke.

Or I don't think McCaffrey's even available at the 8th pick

Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter

Following
More
One NFL GM said Christian McCaffrey "had the best combine workout I've seen. Ever." It's one reason McCaffrey likely to go in top 10.

Either there's a shitload of smoke.

Or I don't think McCaffrey's even available at the 8th pick

Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter

Following
More
One NFL GM said Christian McCaffrey "had the best combine workout I've seen. Ever." It's one reason McCaffrey likely to go in top 10.

Please someone not the Eagles take him.

Navy Bean

I don't care how good his tape looks, there's just no way a guy with the name Mitchell Trubisky is gonna be any good as an NFL QB... As a Steelers fan I eagerly await Cleveland going all in on him.

Hindl

The million dollar question is if Watson will be there at 12.

What if you take Garrett at 1 and all the QBs are gone before 12?

Watson will amost definitely be there. But there's no way all the QBs are gone before 12. QB needy teams besides the Cleve:

SF
Chi
Jets (but they just drafted Hack and Petty, they won't go QB)

And then maybe:
Jags?
Saints
Chargers

I don't see SF or the Bears taking a QB either. It's a gamble but I doubt it. And then they could just move up to 5 for Trubisky

Please someone not the Eagles take him.
He's not gonna last to 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom