• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Either there's a shitload of smoke.

Or I don't think McCaffrey's even available at the 8th pick

Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter

Following
More
One NFL GM said Christian McCaffrey "had the best combine workout I've seen. Ever." It's one reason McCaffrey likely to go in top 10.
La Canfora:

Wouldn't be shocked if the Chargers beat the Panthers to the punch on selecting Christian McCaffrey

Smoke everywhere

Nameless

Browns already screwed us out of the #1 pick by blowing/tanking/shitting the bed in the last game. Least they can do is let us take Garrett. They'd be saving a kid's career in the process, which would be fitting after the dozens they've ruined.

Hindl

Browns already screwed us out of the #1 pick by blowing/tanking/shitting the bed in the last game. Least they can do is let us take Garrett. They'd be saving a kid's career in the process, which would be fitting after the dozens they've ruined.

I'm not sure the 9ers have a claim for a brighter future than the Browns right now tbh

gutshot

Derrick Gunn @TheRealDGunnCSN
The eagles and other NFL teams have done their homework on Gareon Conley and feel he's innocent.. Shouldn't affect draft status.

Interesting.

Slo

Slo dont make me come burn your trailer down. Sam is A top of the line QB.

SamBradford129.jpg

linkboy

No, the 49ers cost themselves the 1st pick when they decided to show up in the last 5 minutes of that game in LA. They should have lost that game 21-7, not win 22-21.

Nameless

No, the 49ers cost themselves the 1st pick when they decided to show up in the last 5 minutes of that game in LA. They should have lost that game 21-7, not win 22-21.

We could've taken a knee every play the second half and still would have come out ahead of a Jeff Fisher team. Unfair assessment.

Four head coaches in four years. The Niners are the Browns now!

Spags and Chip Kelly are considered Head Coaches now? You don't even believe that.

@AdamSchefter

Following
More
How in demand has NFL draft become? 16 cities have sent representatives to site survey Philly with hope that they can host future drafts.

I imagine for a lot of the cities that can't host Super Bowls...the draft would be considered the next best thing.

9ers cant help that Chip was such a great head coach and he couldnt coach the guys to lay down.

jmizzal

La Canfora:

Wouldn't be shocked if the Chargers beat the Panthers to the punch on selecting Christian McCaffrey

Smoke everywhere

I never thought about that since they have Gordon but Christian McCaffrey would be a great fit with the Chargers, and he can work well with Gordon.

effzee

I watched a bunch of Temple games and I love Reddick I think he is going to be great. I worry that foster has 2 potential red flags with the shoulder and the drug test. Man I keep totally forgetting that the got Long, I cant imagine they are counting on him much though. People leave the cheats and they are not the same.

I think Reddick is there at 14.

It's round 1. I want the best non QB available. I don't want to reach for a DE because it's a need when guys like Davis and Foster are better prospects.

Harris won't be a reach at 14.

So BGN radio has really been beating the drums for the Eagles to take Aaron Jones RB UTEP. They have had him on as a guest twice lately.

Educate me on him.

I hated the trade when I thought Teddy was coming back and we were renting Bradford for a year at most. Now that it looks like Teddy is done, I'm more okay with it. Sure, he's a middle of the road QB, but at least I don't have to watch Shaun Hill waddle around the pocket for a couple years.

What is the update on Teddy?

My bold Eagles draft prediction. After drafting at 14 they trade up into the late 1st or early 2nd to grab Cook

Boner.

I think at least one of them will be dealt. My player to watch is if JMatt gets traded

Oh I hope not.

Honestly i think Garrett at 1 + Watson at 12 is better than trubisky at 1 and whatever they get at 12

Garrett at 1 + trubisky at 5 after a trade up is interesting tho

Yeah I don't get the love for Mitch at all. This makes much more sense.

Either there's a shitload of smoke.

Or I don't think McCaffrey's even available at the 8th pick

@AdamSchefter

Following
More
One NFL GM said Christian McCaffrey "had the best combine workout I've seen. Ever." It's one reason McCaffrey likely to go in top 10.

Wouldn't be mad at this either.

Derrick Gunn @TheRealDGunnCSN
The eagles and other NFL teams have done their homework on Gareon Conley and feel he's innocent. Shouldn't affect draft status.

Interesting.

Hopefully, all the teams outthink each other and he drops to the Eagles in round 2.

Educate me on him.

Here you go:

Measurables

Height: 5'9
Weight: 208
Arm Length: 32 ½
Hands: 9 ½
40-yard dash: 4.56
Bench Press: 16 reps
Vertical: 37.5
20-yard shuttle: 4.20 seconds
Who is Aaron Jones?

A certified El Paso, Texas legend, the face of UTEP's football program over the past four years, and a guy who should have a long and successful career in the NFL.

Jones evolved his game from a speedy freshman back, to a complete and reliable every down running back in four short years becoming the Miners main source of offense during his time at UTEP.

He leaves UTEP after running for a school record 4,114 yards, leaving his mark as the school's all-time leading rusher, and hands down the most prolific running back to every put on the Orange and Blue.

Ranking seventh all-time in Conference USA history in rushing yards, Jones ran past defenders, and pointed to the sky 33 times marking his career rushing touchdown mark. He ran for 100-plus yards 17 times in his career, and has five 200-yard plus rushing games.

His versatility will be coveted by smart NFL teams as Jones also put up 4,760 career all-purpose yards which ranked second in school history. He scored a total of 40-touchdowns (that's 40 times Jones has pointed upwards to the sky in his career) and ran for 100-yards in a single quarter six different times.

One of the more interesting moves a team can do with Jones is put him back there to return kicks. He did play on special teams at UTEP, but never returned kicks, something he could possibly carve out at the next level.

People outside of El Paso will instantly throw up a red-flag due to his DWI arrest, but it was a small mark on the radar for a guy who has given back to the El Paso community since his high school days, and has one of the strongest support systems of any 2017 NFL Draft prospect.

Playmaking, toughness, speed, and a guy who will do whatever it takes to win is what teams will be getting with Aaron Jones.

Strengths

Vision
Breakaway speed
Versatility out of the back field
Cutting
Heart and effort
Downhill toughness
Stiff-arm
What needs work

Route running
Health?
Hands
Projecting his draft positon

With a solid combine workout, and impressive individual workouts interactions with NFL decision makers, Jones has already put some money in his pocket, and has the attention of NFL executives.

#AaronJones @Showtyme_29 is rising in the draft due to great workouts,skill-set,engaging personality.@UTEPFB @UTEPAthletics @elpasotimes

— Leigh Steinberg (@leighsteinberg) April 23, 2017
Depending how the chips fall with the so-called "top running backs", Jones could find himself off the board no later than the third round based off the feed-back he is getting from numerous teams.

No matter where Jones goes, whoever snags him is getting a value pick, and a good person from a solid family that will bring "Showtyme" to an NFL stadium in the near future.

Slo

What is the update on Teddy?

His leg is still attached as far as I know. They aren't going to pick up his 5th year option, so he'll be a free agent after this year. Maybe we'll sign him, maybe we won't.

Personally I think he'll never start more than 2-3 games again.

I can't decide what food stand I want to eat at for the draft. There's a lot of good ones. I haven't had a Schmitter in a while, so I could go for that. I wonder if there will be roast pork sandwiches available.

LionPride

Banned
His leg is still attached as far as I know. They aren't going to pick up his 5th year option, so he'll be a free agent after this year. Maybe we'll sign him, maybe we won't.

Personally I think he'll never start more than 2-3 games again.
Makes me so sad, was ready for him to take the next step...

MechDX

C-ciiYNXgAAtIHm.jpg:large

NFL Draft day!

Lance Zierlein ✔ @LanceZierlein
Had GM tell me if Watson fails it will be because he's not good enough. It won't be due to preparation, attitude & character (1/2)

Lance Zierlein ✔ @LanceZierlein
(2/2) His point was that there are other QBs who might fail for reasons other than talent and that is something you want to avoid as a team

Watson is falling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom