• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

That's how I feel about the next xbox. Every good game on the 360 is multiplatform and inevitably better on the PC. The only reason I will be buying one is for the Madden league. I'll get the other two consoles for their superior exclusive but will continue to do the bulk of my gaming on the PC. Like a man.

Just picked up a laptop capable of doing some gaming. I'll be playing Diablo III on it. Not sure what else I'm going to play on it. Most of my friends play multiplayer on the 360, so that's why that one has the higher priority.

snesfreak

Banned
You know, I've been lurking the Wii U thread since the first OT, and I gotta say, Nintendo better fucking deliver. Those guys have HUGE expectations for the Wii U and if Nintendo doesn't deliver..

Oh boy..

Let's just say the meltdowns will be a sight to behold.
Meltdowns will probably come from the other side, when Nintendo blows them away.

jakncoke

Banned
Awesome, glad I replaced my PS3 then. Now it'll finally get some use :)

I'm surprise you post there snes, didn't you said you won't post on gaming anymore? :jnc

multiple times in fact, but he's a glutten for punishment, his qb bane is tacos, his bane is gaming side.

Junie12

I gotta admit, that thread does get me hype about the Wii U. That Wii U hype train is contagious! Might buy it at launch depending on how E3 goes.

jakncoke

Banned
It'd be funny if it all burned to the ground and the nerds on gaming side were left to play just games that were released in the past. No more new game hype threads, no more sales bitching threads, no more of anything that happens in the current state. Now that'd be something I'd pay admission to view.

Godslay

Banned
I'm going to buy a Wii U. I've bought pretty much everything else. The main reason though is that my daughter loves Mario and Zelda. Can't play that anywhere else. It's not so much Mario Galaxy or even New Super Mario Bros, it's Mario Kart. That is the true system seller in my opinion.

Some people want Nintendo to burn to the ground, they will be disappointed.

I agree and I don't really consider myself biased towards any one company.

It'd be funny if it all burned to the ground and the nerds on gaming side were left to play just games that were released in the past. No more new game hype threads, no more sales bitching threads, no more of anything that happens in the current state. Now that'd be something I'd pay admission to view.

It would be pure madness

Junie12

GAF as we know it will fall apart, never to rise again.

I'm going to buy a Wii U. I've bought pretty much everything else. The main reason though is that my daughter loves Mario and Zelda. Can't play that anywhere else. It's not so much Mario Galaxy or even New Super Mario Bros, it's Mario Kart. That is the true system seller in my opinion.

nintendo has a lot of games with great online potential and they are just floating in nothingness right now because of nintendos ineptness or unwillingness to adopt a true online system.

mario kart, smash bros, f-zero, starfox, waverace, metroid..... these could all be really cool online experiences

What the hell! Every 5 minutes or so, it sounds like a phone vibrates when it gets a text somewhere in my room. It's just 1 short buzz, but I can't find the source of it. It's driving me mad.

It's not my iPhone and not the house phone, all my controllers are turned off, laptop is turned off, I even went looking for my old phone to see if it was on, but no.

Problem is, it's such a short sound and so irregular that I can't pinpoint the location.

jakncoke

Banned
Do we have to say "feed it pizza" in our every post? That's what everyone in the OT does.

lVx6Q.jpg

Godslay

Banned
nintendo has a lot of games with great online potential and they are just floating in nothingness right now because of nintendos ineptness or unwillingness to adopt a true online system.

mario kart, smash bros, f-zero, starfox, waverace, metroid..... these could all be really cool online experiences

A true online system would be great, I haven't read much about what the Wii U is planning to do with this.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I want Metroid Prime, HD Zelda, HD Mario, HD Collections, a full service online suite, a regular controller, and the best graphics on the market.

I want Metroid Prime, HD Zelda, HD Mario, HD Collections, a full service online suite, a regular controller, and the best graphics on the market.

you'll probably get all of those except for best graphics. although it might be best graphics on the market until ps4/xbox 720 launch

snesfreak

Banned
A true online system would be great, I haven't read much about what the Wii U is planning to do with this.
We don't have details like how friend lists and stuff will work.
But we do know it will use user accounts, so downloads *should* be tied to that instead of the console itself since I believe it was confirmed that you can use multiple accounts on one system.
It (and 3DS actually) will have full game digital releases same day as retail.
There's a bunch of stuff with that but I don't feel like typing it out.

So the main thing is friend codes are out, we don't know if the 3DS will be updated to use accounts. But it is possible.

Godslay

Banned
What I really want from Nintendo is a Super Metroid type game for the 3DS.

Metroid would be great. Personally I want a Castlevania.

We don't have details like how friend lists and stuff will work.
But we do know it will use user accounts, so downloads *should* be tied to that instead of the console itself since I believe it was confirmed that you can use multiple accounts on one system.
It (and 3DS actually) will have full game digital releases same day as retail.
There's a bunch of stuff with that but I don't feel like typing it out.

So the main thing is friend codes are out, we don't know if the 3DS will be updated to use accounts. But it is possible.

Sounds like they are moving to something a bit more sophisticated. I'll have to check it out. Just being able to play on the tablet is enticing enough for me.

snesfreak

Banned
Sounds like they are moving to something a bit more sophisticated. I'll have to check it out. Just being able to play on the tablet is enticing enough for me.
It'll probably have some kind of "Nintendo" spin to it, but overall it should be a lot more like XBL or PSN.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Just got back from the gaming side. That NPD thread is uber-depressing. To think, NPD threads are why I joined gaf. Look at them now...

Chuck, the NBA has just as much flopping if not more so. It's a glorified free throw shooting contest now. On your list of improvements you had draft lottery slotted for the NBA, that's how awful that sport is. Every other change they've made has made it worse in my eyes.

I think FMT nailed it earlier, we don't care about the sport because we don't have any attachment to the teams, we also know nothing about the talent since we produce so few domestically, MLS isn't where the big boys play so we don't care. It also operates differently from a personnel standpoint, they don't have drafts and typical NA free agency. Rule changes won't be enough to get the US to jump on board.

My brother loves the sport, so I watch it with him occasionally, it can be pretty entertaining. I watched that Cessi goal live and it was amazing. It's a bit like hockey actually, not as fast or physical but the on fly creativity is certainly there.

Yeah, I don't know why David Stern puts up with that flopping crap. It's starting to leak into the NFL, too. I'm certain that Goodell will put his foot up somebody's ass if he needs to.

And rule changes are certainly not the only reason soccer isn't popular here. I'm saying, that if it was popular, it wouldn't take long for it to be unpopular. I enjoy a high quality soccer match, but the inertia to get them to move on the simplest of issues is just maddening. That bribery bullshit to get the WC to Qatar sealed the idea that FIFA has it's head too far up it's ass for me to ever get into the sport.

Junie12

Just got back from the gaming side. That NPD thread is uber-depressing. To think, NPD threads are why I joined gaf. Look at them now...

I never liked sales threads, they always get me mad for some strange reason..

Must be because of all the stupid shit people say in them..

Goddammit, who got the German riled up? I'm going to phone Poland and make sure they're alright.

Theyarealreadydead.jpg

Also, found the source of the buzzing, my first cellphone who was still packed in a box from when I moved here, decided to turn itself on, to then vibrate every 5 minutes to let me know the battery is dying.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I never liked sales threads, they always get me mad for some strange reason..

Must be because of all the stupid shit people say in them..

They used to awesome. Filled with meltdowns and gifs. Now, just sadness.

Oh yeah, numbers too. lol

Top Bottom