• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT3| Josh Freeman is fat and eats too much food. Fat. Fatty. Fatfat.

jakncoke

Banned
The 1989 has to be one of the most productive top 5's of any draft

1: Troy Aikman won 3 sb.. lets pretend he's a real qb and HOF for sake of this point
2. Tony Madarich despite being a bust in GB lasted pretty long in the league
3. Barry Sanders great rb
4. Derrick Thomas sucks the accident had to get him, really curious what he'd be at in sacks if he lived
5 Deion Sanders one the greatest

so 4 hof and a guy who's career lasted decently long. quite a lot of production

oh and before anyone can say..

7 Tim Worley

goddamit!

at least he's not the worst if you go by PBR CarAv :p

edit: at least we got Carnell Lake in the 2nd.

1: Troy Aikman won 3 sb.. lets pretend he's a real qb and HOF for sake of this point
4. Derrick Thomas sucks the accident had to get him, really curious what he'd be at in sacks if he lived

7 Tim Worley

goddamit!

Friggen Worley, the ultra fumbler. I read a bit on him recently that said he's still a big Steeler fan, so I guess he wasn't a complete failure.

Hakeem update:

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz

Tom Coughlin said Hakeem Nicks told him he'll be back from broken foot for training camp. TC told him a day or 2 later will be fine. #nyg

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel

Asked coughlin if there was any chance of bringing back plax in light of Nicks injury. He shook head and mouthed "no".

Ebenezer Samuel ‏@ebenezersamuel

Coughlin on idea of bringing in a veteran receiver: "Look for the next Victor Cruz. How about that?"

Doubt Hakeem makes it back that quickly but opening day doesn't seem out of the question. If the injury was going to happen - it happened at the best possible time it seems.

Also, the Prince appears to be ready for training camp. The foot injection he is recovering from seems to have done its job and he's running now.

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz

Prince Amukamara said he has no pain in his foot and expects to be full go for training camp, at the latest. #nyg

Draxal

7 Tim Worley

goddamit!

2004 top 5 is no where as top heavy, but it does share a common theme with an ol not living up to his billing, and a damn good defensive player getting his life cut short. At least your Steelers got the rapist that year.

jakncoke

Banned
2004 top 5 is no where as top heavy, but it does share a common theme with an ol not living up to his billing, and a damn good defensive player getting his life cut short. At least your Steelers got the rapist that year.

If douches didn't kill Sean Taylor, it could of been a very similar draft in terms of uber production and hell a bust of a lineman that played while got the #2 spot as well!

Milchjon

If douches didn't kill Sean Taylor, it could of been a very similar draft in terms of uber production and hell a bust of a lineman that played while got the #2 spot as well!

Just realized I always mixed up Sean Taylor's death. Who was the guy who fell of the back of a truck a few years ago?

Hakeem update:

Doubt Hakeem makes it back that quickly but opening day doesn't seem out of the question. If the injury was going to happen - it happened at the best possible time it seems.

Also, the Prince appears to be ready for training camp. The foot injection he is recovering from seems to have done its job and he's running now.

The prince lol more like the bust!

bionic77

We drove through West Virginia on the way for only like 15 minutes or something, that was enough for me. I wouldn't be caught dead in Wisconsin.
West Virginia is a fucked up place. The places I went through don't even seem like America.

Supposedly has some beautiful scenery but I will just see the pictures online and avoid getting eaten and raped (and not necessary in that order) by the mountain men.

I remember coming back up from the south from picking up my cousin after basic and going through WV. Such a boring state.

Bad things happen in West Virginia. Very bad things.

I rag on SC all the time, but at least you won't find the Middle Ages era shit going down like in West Va.

Avoid that place like the Plague.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There's no way the Dolphins on Hard Knocks is going to end well. smh Philbin.

There is absolutely no downside for the Dolphins in doing Hard Knocks. It's not like they aren't going to suck this year anyway.

Really don't get people who try to say Hard Knocks was somehow a negative for the Jets that one year. They made the AFC Conference Championship that season. 25 other teams in the league wish they had a year as successful as the Jets did that season.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
The prince lol more like the bust!
Well, they can't all be Kyle Williams!

35s5k7.jpg

Looks like its official, the Dolphins will be on Hard Knocks:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/29/dolphins-will-be-on-hard-knocks/

The Dolphins announced today that they have agreed to appear on the HBO series that chronicles one NFL team’s training camp. The show will air weekly, beginning on Tuesday, August 7.

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't read the twitter until just now.

It's should be an interesting watch. The three man QB competition and a new head coach should hopefully make for some good TV.

jergrah

As one of very few Fins fans that reads (mostly lurks) this thread, Im super happy about them being on Hard Knocks.

TannehillBasedGod Future - Believe!

Another 6-10 or 7-9 Season

Prince played 5 games and spot duty in the playoffs (where he held his own pretty nicely against Jordy Nelson) all with a still injured foot. The fact that the Giants got any production out of him at all is a plus. Two seasons from now if he still can't get on the field, we'll talk bust.

eznark

Banned
Road to the Winter Classic > Hard Knocks

It's not even close.

Kind of unfair since Tortorella is more interesting than just about anyone else in sports, but NHL Films is seriously closing in on NFL Films in terms of quality. The stuff they are doing is pretty fantastic.

LJ11

Kind of unfair since Tortorella is more interesting than just about anyone else in sports, but NHL Films is seriously closing in on NFL Films in terms of quality. The stuff they are doing is pretty fantastic.

True, but it was fantastic last year as well, can honestly say that I may have enjoyed it just a bit more due to Bylsma vs Boudreau. Watching their coaching styles was pretty fantastic. You understood why one coach got more out of his team than other. Boudreau was totally outclassed, shouldn't have been on the ice with Bylsma.

It's the preseason, and you only follow one team, so the structure holds it back. Now, a Road to the Superbowl....will never happen but one can dream.

eznark

Banned
True, but it was fantastic last year as well, can honestly say that I may have enjoyed it just a bit more due to Bylsma vs Boudreau. Watching their coaching styles was pretty fantastic. You understood why one coach got more out of his team than other. Boudreau was totally outclassed, they shouldn't have been on the ice together.

It's the preseason, and you only follow one team, so it kind of holds back what the show could be. Now, a Road to the Superbowl....will never happen but one can dream.

Big Ten Network did a really cool show this year following a handful of teams through the basketball season.

To me that is the best thing about all of these networks, they need content and what's easier/cheaper than documentaries? It's awesome.

Talon

True, but it was fantastic last year as well, can honestly say that I may have enjoyed it just a bit more due to Bylsma vs Boudreau. Watching their coaching styles was pretty fantastic. You understood why one coach got more out of his team than other. Boudreau was totally outclassed, shouldn't have been on the ice with Bylsma.

It's the preseason, and you only follow one team, so the structure holds it back. Now, a Road to the Superbowl....will never happen but one can dream.
Yeah, the mid-season vs. pre-season is what sets the two apart.

Top Bottom